It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Paradise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We would like to brainstorm what is your version of paradise ? What would constitute your personal idyll ?

paradise ˈparədʌɪs/Submit noun (in some religions) heaven as the ultimate abode of the just. "martyrs who die in battle with the ungodly earn instant transmission to paradise" synonyms: heaven, the kingdom of heaven, the promised land, the heavenly kingdom, the City of God, the celestial city, the abode of God, the abode of the saints, Zion, Abraham's bosom; More the abode of Adam and Eve before the Fall in the biblical account of the Creation; the Garden of Eden. noun: Paradise synonyms: the Garden of Eden, Eden "Adam and Eve's expulsion from Paradise" an ideal or idyllic place or state. "the surrounding countryside is a walker's paradise" synonyms: Utopia, fairyland, Shangri-La, heaven, idyll, nirvana; More

So what is your paradise with as much or little description as you like , and then , we'll get a general consensus on what paradise should be like .
an ideal or idyllic place or state. synonyms: Utopia, fairyland, Shangri-La, heaven, idyll, nirvana; More

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Just wilderness, and monsters to kill and eat... And lots of skulls...

Thanks, gonna sleep better tonight.

Edit, All the trees big, a thousand years old, only cyclopean stone buildings...
edit on 26-9-2018 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Paradise ro me would be just existing as part of a universal consciousness.....being a non physical observer of the natural beauty of the universe....

A2D

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i like thinking about this.

there are many very friendly people in heaven and they do lots of things together. they listen to music dance and sometimes build things and place itself looks very beautiful too. everything feels nice and weather is always good and there are lots of flowers.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library

--Jorge Luis Borges

With no gods, no religions, no worship.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think there's a bit of Paradise in some of the places I walk, along rural paths and tracks in rural Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset. On balance though, Paradise has fallen out of reach. Perhaps we can recreate it, if we survive the next 1,000 years.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Library

They've got all that on wikipedia as well , perhaps such a well of information may provide the keys to heaven as it were

So far ,some form of natural beauty has linked all return posts by being a common denominator .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Paradise comes up snake eyes, that's some bad juju!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Library

They've got all that on wikipedia as well , perhaps such a well of information may provide the keys to heaven as it were

Got all what? An encyclopedia is but a small part of a library. It's not even an index to what a library offers.

So far ,some form of natural beauty has linked all return posts by being a common denominator.

Demonstrably not true.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Paradise, for me, would be where all the senses are combined with perfection-soothing the soul.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Something that allows frailty and aging. Something that allows entropy and decay. A place that has both risks and rewards. Decisions that have consequences. A realm where you are not exactly sure why you are there and unsure of where you came from. A mystery. An enigma. A creation filled with people who are not like myself, that offer new, original and unique thoughts and ideas.

A place that once the dream ends, the eternal soul is finally visible and everything makes sense. The terrible thought of actually appreciating the simulation comes to pass as you realize you are standing, applauding at the conclusion of the show.

Paradise. Here. Now. This reality where every second is a priceless gift.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

NEW ZEALAND

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Ooh! Your right I just looked up some images of New Zealand and it truly fits the description of Paradise.
The lush green grass with mountains behind still waters is a sight to behold.
Most of it looks pretty difficult or impossible to navigate though!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Paradise is the absence of the separate self.

The story of Adam and Eve is an allegory describing the loss of “paradise” through the arising of self-knowing. So, it seems, there is wholeness (paradise) and within that boundless, free-floating, causeless energy, something appears which experiences itself as being separate from that wholeness (paradise).

www.theopensecret.com...
edit on 27-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

My Paradise is here on Earth Deep Within the Mandelbrot Set , it is Gods way of Saying " Hello , What Took You So Long to get Here ? "

Maybe You See Him too ?

edit on 28-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Like many things English corrupts... So too the word paradise. A woman, after her groom to be has been tried and found worthy, discovers one more ultimate test. She will on the honeymoon expose her busom. If he looks at them he fails. Hence nothing more than a dog. However when she reveals them... She utters "Para Deux"... To which end, if he's not a horny turd gazing at boobs... He utters the magic words: "In Quod Confido". Translation: in whom I trust.
Then all is well. She wears her hair up at the moment. Which indicates "Higher Up". One more test. If God you trust, her hair comes down. Then you can both defile yourselves.

Please God... And The Woman He So Cleverly Devised For All Your Efforts. She Is Paradise. But ....
Para Deux means in English "For God!"

Or just buy one on the internet for a couple hundred.
edit on 28-9-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Then there' s a Paradise where Everyone Loves and Respects each other and Attains Knowledge in their Interactions for Eternity . Unfortunately , that Paradise does Not Exist on this Earth ...........

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

a non-physical observer.. what's the point of that?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: slidebrain

yeah hahah..lets critique each others' paradises
))

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

because yours is very stupid idea of paradise we excluded you. you wanna sit alone in a library so you shouldnt mind we excluded you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join