It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Again, it's suspicious how closely yours and your pals take resembles that of the media's. The same talking points, the same words, the same countries involved. The dislike for him is not global, it's microwaved, prefabricated, and propaganda driven.

I will ask you politely, please take off your blinders.

Oh the media said this, the media said that-you do realize that many nations have recorded his many of his speeches? He is the POTUS so his words will be covered globally. Whatever Trump says, we will know one way or another.

Blinders to what? I have watched the entire speech, have read the transcript. Why don’t you give us your take instead of someone else’s?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Fact is: he is fit for office, as evidenced by the past two years.

Speaking of things to laugh about.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

We've heard the claim a thousand times, and all of it made up. Do you tend to giggle whenever you're duped?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

According to the anti-Trump media, “the world laughed at Donald Trump” while he spoke about the progress of his administration. Afterwords, people used this piece of hyperbole to argue that the US is turning into a laughing stock.

Actually the thought is nothing more than Trump claiming his administration in 2 years, has done more than any administration in the HISTORY of the United States. Which of course, is actually very laughable. That claim does deserve to be laughed at. What a sad little man, to have to belittle the historic efforts of his predecessors, in order to inflate his own ego. It's not the first time he made that claim either.

Unless you want to suggest he HAS done more than any POTUS administration in history?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Please list for me the major accomplishments of the previous 44 presidents in their first 2 years of office.

When you are done I will list Trumps and if he falls anywhere in the top 10 then he was telling the truth.

You seem so confident in your assessment this should be easy for you.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

We've heard the claim a thousand times, and all of it made up. Do you tend to giggle whenever you're duped?

It wouldn't matter if you heard it a million times it still wouldn't sink in.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

According to the anti-Trump media, “the world laughed at Donald Trump” while he spoke about the progress of his administration. Afterwords, people used this piece of hyperbole to argue that the US is turning into a laughing stock.

Actually the thought is nothing more than Trump claiming his administration in 2 years, has done more than any administration in the HISTORY of the United States. Which of course, is actually very laughable. That claim does deserve to be laughed at. What a sad little man, to have to belittle the historic efforts of his predecessors, in order to inflate his own ego. It's not the first time he made that claim either.

Unless you want to suggest he HAS done more than any POTUS administration in history?

Claiming that a Redwood is taller than an Oak does NOT diminish the Oak.

I'm pretty sure this administration is very very near the very top of the list as far as accomplishments are concerned and like you said, it's only been two years.

Maybe he was overstating the truth a bit but the fact remains that anyonewho seen the actual moment WITHOUT the cnn headline in mind knows full well that noone at all was laughing AT the President.

Context is the enemy of the media. Truth is the enemy of the left.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
my fav bit of the OP is the assertion that everyone was only laughing because everyone else was...
how
how does that work? who started it?

this whole "i'm the only one who can think clearly you're all clearly sheep regurgitating talking points" thing is getting sooooooo banal. Gonna make an excellent drinking game when my housemate gets home with the booze tho!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Claiming that a Redwood is taller than an Oak does NOT diminish the Oak.

Nope. But claiming that a sapling is taller than a Redwood is plain old lying. And when it is the sapling claiming to be the Redwood, it's clearly a case of mental disease.
edit on 28-9-2018 by ForteanOrg because: he wrote claming where he should have written claiming..

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The people laughing at Trump are the same ones that made Saudi Arabia head of the Human Rights Council.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
my fav bit of the OP is the assertion that everyone was only laughing because everyone else was...
how
how does that work? who started it?

this whole "i'm the only one who can think clearly you're all clearly sheep regurgitating talking points" thing is getting sooooooo banal. Gonna make an excellent drinking game when my housemate gets home with the booze tho!

That laughter is contagious is a psychological fact. And no, I won't explain how that works.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It wouldn't matter if you heard it a million times it still wouldn't sink in.

Thank god for that. We do not arrive at truth by mere repetition.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Please list for me the major accomplishments of the previous 44 presidents in their first 2 years of office.

Just a touch more than 2 years was the Louisiana Purchase by Thomas Jefferson.

Call me when the great real estate tycoon Cheetolini can grab 530,000,000 acres of prime property for a paltry $15,000,000.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

If you don't care why they were laughing, why did you create an entire post about it?

For what it's worth, it was pretty obvious that they were laughing at what he said. Deflect however y'all want, that's what happened.

It was actually pretty clear that the audience laughed with Trump and then applauded him. Typical media BS to string viewers along with false narratives to confirm their own bias.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

He said more than "almost any administration."

He has not invaded any new soil, I guess that is what he hasnt done that the liberals are so pissed about.

He mignt get to sell dairy to Canada. If that does happen I think all of America should bow down and kiss his feet because that trade issue has never been this close to being cracked open. Not by any president.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Just a touch more than 2 years was the Louisiana Purchase by Thomas Jefferson.

Call me when the great real estate tycoon Cheetolini can grab 530,000,000 acres of prime property for a paltry $15,000,000.

You should re-visit your history. Jefferson didn't buy any land in the Louisiana Purchase. He bought "Imperial Rights" to the land. The land itself was still owned by the Native Americans. The purchase allowed the government to negotiate with the indigenous peoples to buy that land legally. We all know that didn't happen because Jefferson just decided to kill most of them.
So in reality, the "cost" of the Louisiana Purchase was far more than your quoted "$15 million" as tens of thousands of people died in the subsequent wars to actually take the property.

I'd also like to point out that in Trumps first two years, he has repatriated over $300 BILLION from overseas accounts. 10x the cost of that "purchase" in today's dollars. Not to mention that had Trump been President, he'd have gotten the deal for half that amount.

moneymaven.io...

www.slate.com...
edit on 4-10-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

You're playing semantics. The Louisiana Purchase became part of the present United States and the relative value today is $573billion, a touch more than the unreliably sourced number you gave for Cheetolini.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

If Trump was alive back then he would have pissed someone off that he shouldn't. Back then pistols at dusk was a thing and cadet bone spurs would have wound up 6 feet under.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join