It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

The world actually is laughing at Trump.

The world isn't laughing at the American people, but trust me i travel a lot and every single country i go too, people talk about him and laugh in the same sentence.

He is actually a topic of conversation most days here in the UK with people and 99% of the UK population cannot believe Americans continue to fall for the rubbish he spouts.

My 9 year old kid comes home from school laughing about him.

The best example i have seen is

twitter.com...

I know its hard to understand, but what you saw at the UN, is what the world actually thinks.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

Except that's not what he claimed at all.

You may do yourself well to listen to the actual words that he said, not what you assumed that he said while half-listening with an ideological ear.

What he did say was: "In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country."

I mean, I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understand such simplicity.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
They actually laughed louder and clapped when he came back with his quip.
Basically, the guy IS funny. He exaggerates. He's the stereotype of someone who 'bigs themselves up' and when he does it it's funny because he confirms the stereotype.

The media, however, will, of course, characterise it as laughing at Trump in terms of everything he stands for and also laughing at America. That is their job to do that, they work for the Democrats as a campaign arm.

Yeah, thats not why they are laughing!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod

The world isn't laughing at the American people, but trust me i travel a lot and every single country i go too, people talk about him and laugh in the same sentence.

He is actually a topic of conversation most days here in the UK with people and 99% of the UK population cannot believe Americans continue to fall for the rubbish he spouts.

My 9 year old kid comes home from school laughing about him.

The best example i have seen is

twitter.com...

I know its hard to understand, but what you saw at the UN, is what the world actually thinks.

The people in the UN clapped after they laughed. So I suppose the world applauds him as well?

The problem is, you guys rarely think; you are taught what to think.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

Except that's not what he claimed at all.

You may do yourself well to listen to the actual words that he said, not what you assumed that he said while half-listening with an ideological ear.

What he did say was: "In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country."

I mean, I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understand such simplicity.

Because it is rubbish.

Even as a non-American i find it absolutely crazy that someone could utter such a statement in the face of all that the great things past US Presidents have accomplished.

The world views Trump as a narcissist who talks about himself in the third person.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They clapped after he said

"i didnt expect that". They didnt clap for the reasons you think. They were clapping at the fact that he was pi**ed off.

Seriously, dont spout that i am taught what to think as if you sit from a higher place. You're coming across as being wrapped in a bubble of national protectionism that appears to result in you are giving up on you're ability to distinguish real from fake to serve what you want (or hope) to see.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This topic is hilarious. People getting bent about laughing at Trump after dissing world leaders all the time. Merkel and Trudeau come to mind. Weak assed if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I guess they are all weak if you view them through a North American prisim?
edit on 27/9/18 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

They clapped after he said

"i didnt expect that". They didnt clap for the reasons you think. They were clapping at the fact that he was pi**ed off.

Seriously, dont spout that i am taught what to think as if you sit from a higher place. You're coming across as being wrapped in a bubble of national protectionism that appears to result in you are giving up on you're ability to distinguish real from fake to serve what you want (or hope) to see.

They were clapping because he was pissed off?

It’s suspicious that your take on everything suspiciously resembles that of the anti-Trump press, almost to the word. There is never a single, original thought found among the many voices repeating the same lines.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

He is a laughable person, indeed.

But perhaps we should stop laughing. Problem is that his moronic views of the world are constantly pushed into our faces, creating the worst kind of fake news possible: authorized by the highest authority (at least in the US). This guy is a racist, a liar, a conman and a narcissist. There actually is nothing to laugh about.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

He is a laughable person, indeed.

But perhaps we should stop laughing. Problem is that his moronic views of the world are constantly pushed into our faces, creating the worst kind of fake news possible: authorized by the highest authority (at least in the US). This guy is a racist, a liar, a conman and a narcissist. There actually is nothing to laugh about.

Did you just describe Geert Wilders?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Geert WHO?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: underwerks

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

How is your bubble working for you?

Can't be that great since all you guys do is complain and moan.

I know right!?!? This is serious pot/kettle here.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh believe me the world is laughing at Trump.

I'm not american and I laugh at Trump.My former partner in crime on the radio is German-can't stand Trump. My late and dear welsh friend-whose hand I held mere minutes before he died-couldn't stand Trump. The dislike for him is truly global.

I'm not against the right, hell I don't care what side of the wing you fly with, however I see the blind defense of this incompetent buffoon laughable. He is full of cowardice, empty promises and empty threats, hell you can thank him if your next smartphone costs you an extra fifty bucks.

This is a man that can only threaten people in under 280 words or less, Remember him Threatening Russia, meeting with Putin, then high tailing outta there only to retract his statement? remember that wall he was going to force Mexico to pay for? his actions have united Russia, China and the EU...not smart.

Defending this man is laughable.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Oh believe me the world is laughing at Trump.

I'm not american and I laugh at Trump.My former partner in crime on the radio is German-can't stand Trump. My late and dear welsh friend-whose hand I held mere minutes before he died-couldn't stand Trump. The dislike for him is truly global.

I'm not against the right, hell I don't care what side of the wing you fly with, however I see the blind defense of this incompetent buffoon laughable. He is full of cowardice, empty promises and empty threats, hell you can thank him if your next smartphone costs you an extra fifty bucks.

This is a man that can only threaten people in under 280 words or less, Remember him Threatening Russia, meeting with Putin, then high tailing outta there only to retract his statement? remember that wall he was going to force Mexico to pay for? his actions have united Russia, China and the EU...not smart.

Defending this man is laughable.

Again, it's suspicious how closely yours and your pals take resembles that of the media's. The same talking points, the same words, the same countries involved. The dislike for him is not global, it's microwaved, prefabricated, and propaganda driven.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jrmcleod

To be fair, many of us view him that way, too, but that doesn't matter--I was correcting a false claim by another member, not arguing the merits of his claim, nor do I care about how the world views Trump, nor America, for that matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Again, it's suspicious how closely yours and your pals take resembles that of the media's. The same talking points, the same words, the same countries involved. The dislike for him is not global, it's microwaved, prefabricated, and propaganda driven.

You, my dear man, are in love with the guy. And as we all know, love blinds you. If Trump shot Obama dead you probably would still support Trump regardless he then would be a murderer, and if he got arrested you probably would mutter something about the media being to blame, or that it all is fake news.

Bah, humbug. Fact is: Trump is a mental case, a nutter. Unfit for the office, unfit period. Heck we all know it, we don't need no media to tell us, we have ears and eyes. Or perhaps you believe that the media actually mixed in the laughter?

O, wait.
Yes of course they did
edit on 27-9-2018 by ForteanOrg because: he needed to add support for the word "support"

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

FOX told you that, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

You, my dear man, are in love with the guy. And as we all know, love blinds you. If Trump shot Obama dead you probably would still support Trump regardless he then would be a murderer, and if he got arrested you probably would mutter something about the media being to blame, or that it all is fake news.

Bah, humbug. Fact is: Trump is a mental case, a nutter. Unfit for the office, unfit period. Heck we all know it, we don't need no media to tell us, we have ears and eyes. Or perhaps you believe that the media actually mixed in the laughter?

O, wait.
Yes of course they did

Obviously I'm a Trump fan. But your little fantasies are in no way how I would react should he commit murder.

Fact is: Trump is not a mental case, as was proven by his doctor. Fact is: he is fit for office, as evidenced by the past two years. Heck, you do not know it; you imagine it. You repeat what some in the media tell you to. You're being lied to.

No I do not believe the media mixed in the laughter, but I do not believe the laughter was an example of "the world laughing at us". They applauded for god sakes.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I will ask you politely, please take off your blinders.

Oh the media said this, the media said that-you do realize that many nations have recorded his many of his speeches? He is the POTUS so his words will be covered globally. Whatever Trump says, we will know one way or another.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join