It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

You mean like a chuckle while they think "this guy is a trip"? That would still be them laughing at him although not like they were taunting him.

I guess my point is that they if they laughed with him it might be because they all live in the same bubble.
edit on 26-9-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You men like a chuckle while they think "this guy is a trip"? That would still be them laughing at him although not like they were taunting him.

I guess my point is that they if they laughed with him it might be because they all live in the same bubble.

Yes, perhaps. Although I don't think I've ever heard anyone who has gotten a laugh from a crowd described as "being openly laughed at" by those in attendance. The intention to discredit the speech is quite clear in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The World laughs at trump...because thats what he is
an incoherent Joke... He's a laughing stock.

BaaaWaaaaaaaa
edit on Wed, 26 Sep 2018 17:28:17 -0500285America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So the MSM spun it one way and you spun it the other and maybe neither is correct.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So the MSM spun it one way and you spun it the other and maybe neither is correct.

Except I do not get payed to inform the public. I am not part of a profession that espouses the virtues of truth, objectivity, fairness and transparency.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Trump makes the world worse

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, you don't have to be paid to be wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, you don't have to be paid to be wrong.

But when you're a journalist it helps to accurate. Too many people rely on it, as we can see here. Many accepted "the world laughed at Trump" based no evidence.

link   
The president points a finger at countries that may not follow what the US would like to see happening.

Much worse then the US actions of using it's military and intelligence agency to over throw countries to enact the US policies.

This is all good fun until the world decides it has had enough.

link   

Maybe they laughed with him, which means they were all laughing at "you/us".

More like they were laughing with each other laughing at him. Trump must have forgotten he wasn't speaking at one of his rallies where if the audience didn't clap and holler at every inane thing he says like obedient seals they would be removed.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Now the intel agencies are trying to oveethrow OUR government..and you support them?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

More like they were laughing with each other laughing at him. Trump must have forgotten he wasn't speaking at one of his rallies where if the audience didn't clap and holler at every inane thing he says like obedient seals they would be removed.

It's amazing how closely your take-away resembles that of the media's.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The president points a finger at countries that may not follow what the US would like to see happening.

Much worse then the US actions of using it's military and intelligence agency to over throw countries to enact the US policies.

This is all good fun until the world decides it has had enough.

That contradicts what Trump said. Did you watch it, by chance?

"Each of us here today is the emissary of a distinct culture, a rich history, and a people bound together by ties of memory, tradition, and the values that make our homelands like nowhere else on Earth.

That is why America will always choose independence and cooperation over global governance, control, and domination.

I honor the right of every nation in this room to pursue its own customs, beliefs, and traditions. The United States will not tell you how to live or work or worship."

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Umm … I hate to correct you, but almost nobody (if anybody?) is elected by their own countrypeople to serve at the UN.

Almost - if not all! - are appointed by governments.

No direct elections for UN representation of which I have ever heard.

Did we elect Nikki Haley?

I never saw her on my ballot....,. just saying.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

After the laughter died down, Trump should have said “And the USA will no longer will be giving financial aid to the UN menbers”. I bet they wouldn’t have laughed then.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
But when you're a journalist it helps to accurate. Too many people rely on it, as we can see here. Many accepted "the world laughed at Trump" based no evidence.

I acknowledged that and added that you spun it the other way and that is also lacking evidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I acknowledged that and added that you spun it the other way and that is also lacking evidence.

I'm glad you acknowledged that the media has encouraged people to think a certain way without evidence. That was one of the points of the thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

After the laughter died down, Trump should have said “And the USA will no longer will be giving financial aid to the UN menbers”. I bet they wouldn’t have laughed then.

The entire speech is worth of a standing ovation.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm glad you acknowledged that the media has encouraged people to think a certain way without evidence. That was one of the points of the thread.

And you did the same thing the media did and tried to paint world leaders a certain way without knowing why they even laughed.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And you did the same thing the media did and tried to paint world leaders a certain way without knowing why they even laughed.

It's flattering that you hold me to the same standards as the media, it really is, but I briefly gave my opinion and expressed that it was my opinion, unlike the media.
edit on 26-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join