It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: Jefferton

The winning has been glorious.

More so, watching the butthurt left lose their fragile minds and implode into never-ending tears is much more satisfying, yet sad at the same time.

I believe you believe that.

But, behind all of the gloating around here, is a noticeable level of sadness and rage.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Ah, gotcha. I was mistaken, I didn't realize that was the main point of the OP.

Still, the people who were there were (mostly) elected by their people to represent the people in their section of the world. I mean, I laughed at what he said. So did most of the people I know. For several reasons. But, one of the main ones is, a speech made at the UN isn't the place to brag about an opinion you have about yourself. It's poor form, and wasn't an accurate representation of the beliefs of the people he represents. Stick to the facts of what you've been accomplishing, not opinions you have about your performance.

That's fair. But an opinion is one thing, an argument in support of an opinion is quite another. One cannot disregard the argument simply because it supports an opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

How is your bubble working for you?

Can't be that great since all you guys do is complain and moan.

I’m not complaining. The president is doing a great job.

So if that's true, you all should be happy.

But, all I see around here is anger and non-stop "but the left!" whining.

Enjoy your winning friends!

Personally I do not think the anti-Trump is particularly left or right. I see it all as reactionary, whether the political persuasion is left or right.
edit on 26-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Let us recap some of Trumps UN speech. It starts out with him claiming to be the "bestest" thing that ever happened to the UN. It was funny. Then goes on to tell several countries that are supposed to be our allies how they are screwing up like how Germany gets too much energy from Russia which made the German delegation laugh at him again. Really why is it Trumps concern? Well, that is because it cuts down on how much oil the US sells. Then he goes after the boogieman Iran wanting more sanctions. Why? Because of Irans oil. You see with Trumps Taxes/Tariffs war China has been seeking another source of oil other than the US. China was the biggest importer of US crude, but they are seeking more oil from Iran. China opposes unilateral sanctions and defended its commercial ties with Iran. Trump wants to put an end to that. Trump is also looking at more oil sanctions on Venezuela. Oil is king and Trump bows to the king.

Trump did have praise for one country though. North Korea and Little Kim.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They laughed at his patently absurd claim about his administration's accomplishments.

Anyone with half a brain would laugh.

It was an absurd assertion.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Let us recap some of Trumps UN speech. It starts out with him claiming to be the "bestest" thing that ever happened to the UN. It was funny. Then goes on to tell several countries that are supposed to be our allies how they are screwing up like how Germany gets too much energy from Russia which made the German delegation laugh at him again. Really why is it Trumps concern? Well, that is because it cuts down on how much oil the US sells. Then he goes after the boogieman Iran wanting more sanctions. Why? Because of Irans oil. You see with Trumps Taxes/Tariffs war China has been seeking another source of oil other than the US. China was the biggest importer of US crude, but they are seeking more oil from Iran. China opposes unilateral sanctions and defended its commercial ties with Iran. Trump wants to put an end to that. Trump is also looking at more oil sanctions on Venezuela. Oil is king and Trump bows to the king.

Trump did have praise for one country though. North Korea and Little Kim.

he didn't say "the bestest", so there is no point in buttressing that word in quotations.

Actually Trump praised his many countries. He does dig at germany, especially regarding dependance on Russian oil.

That is why we congratulate European states such as Poland for leading the construction of a Baltic pipeline so that nations are not dependent on Russia to meet their energy needs. Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course.

That's the only time he mentions Germany. Which several allies was he telling "how they are screwing up"? Don't bother looking it up, because Germany was the only time he said anything critical.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Laughing at the self-induced stupor and hyperbole of Trump has very little to do with media. It has to do of the man's perception of himself. All I want to hear from him is for once...the truth. Not some hyperbole, not some exaggeration, not some masturbatory comment to make himself feel better. I want to hear him say "hey, we're working on it and it's not perfect but we're working on it and making progress." Not: "It's the bestest thing because it has my name attached."

He's trying to impress stockholders...that don't exist. He's trying to make himself feel good. No crime in that but if it's a fabrication, if it's an outright lie...he should self- edit.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Couple points on this -

America doesn't like to be laughed at. They don't like being the butt of the joke and yes on this occasion I'm talking about Americans as people and as a country. That's fine because us Brits don't like it either but America is one of those countries that LOVE the idea that no one can or should laugh at them (in m opinion). They will look to pick it apart and say that it wasn't them being laughed at but a comment on this or that and that's again, fine but it did look pretty much like the UN talking heads were laughing at Trump and his claim.

Trump didn't like that, he said as much. He clearly was taken back by the chuckle and to me watching the speech, which I only do on occasion, seemed to almost have a pausing moment akin to a deer in headlights but then managed to kick in his Trumpian part of his personality and dealt with it.

(I'm readying myself for the Trumpers to attack or the Americans to attack).

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

How is your bubble working for you?

Can't be that great since all you guys do is complain and moan.

I’m not complaining. The president is doing a great job.

And for the second time in as many days, laughter again fills the room.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Laughing at the self-induced stupor and hyperbole of Trump has very little to do with media. It has to do of the man's perception of himself. All I want to hear from him is for once...the truth. Not some hyperbole, not some exaggeration, not some masturbatory comment to make himself feel better. I want to hear him say "hey, we're working on it and it's not perfect but we're working on it and making progress." Not: "It's the bestest thing because it has my name attached."

He's trying to impress stockholders...that don't exist. He's trying to make himself feel good. No crime in that but if it's a fabrication, if it's an outright lie...he should self- edit.

That's fair. Of course we want truth from politicians, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

In concern of the truth, what in the following argument is not true?

In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country. America is so thrilled. [Laughter] I did not expect that reaction, but that’s okay. [Applause] America’s economy is booming like never before. Since my election, we have added $10 trillion in wealth. The stock market is at an all-time high in history, and jobless claims are at a 50-year low. African American, Hispanic American, and Asian American unemployment have all achieved their lowest levels ever recorded. We have added more than 4 million new jobs, including half a million manufacturing jobs. We have passed the biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history. We have started the construction of a major border wall, and we have greatly strengthened border security. We have secured record funding for our military, $700 billion this year and $716 billion next year. Our military will soon be more powerful than it has ever been before. In other words, the United States is stronger, safer, and a richer country than it was when I assumed office less than two years ago. We are standing up for America and the American people.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Couple points on this -

America doesn't like to be laughed at. They don't like being the butt of the joke and yes on this occasion I'm talking about Americans as people and as a country. That's fine because us Brits don't like it either but America is one of those countries that LOVE the idea that no one can or should laugh at them (in m opinion). They will look to pick it apart and say that it wasn't them being laughed at but a comment on this or that and that's again, fine but it did look pretty much like the UN talking heads were laughing at Trump and his claim.

Trump didn't like that, he said as much. He clearly was taken back by the chuckle and to me watching the speech, which I only do on occasion, seemed to almost have a pausing moment akin to a deer in headlights but then managed to kick in his Trumpian part of his personality and dealt with it.

(I'm readying myself for the Trumpers to attack or the Americans to attack).

At least you watched the speech. You've already done what most havent.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Agreed, I have the same issue with a few people I work with who comment on speeches because they've read or heard clips of it in the news media or online. I had a few arguments sorry debates with people in recent years over things like Brexit (I voted out) who only knew the talking points that I'd seen in the news rather than had their own opinions and I thought it'd be the same with this speech.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

he is pretty amusing, isn't he?
i don't live in a bubble, i live in munich.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Agreed, I have the same issue with a few people I work with who comment on speeches because they've read or heard clips of it in the news media or online. I had a few arguments sorry debates with people in recent years over things like Brexit (I voted out) who only knew the talking points that I'd seen in the news rather than had their own opinions and I thought it'd be the same with this speech.

That's the thing about this whole "they openly laughed at Trump" charade. Besides being an anti-Trump wet dream, by focusing on a moment so superficial and inconsequential, everyone is kept in the dark about the vast majority of the rest. This nonsense was delivered to us by the gatekeepers of our information.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Maybe they laughed with him, which means they were all laughing at "you/us".

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Since my election, we have added $10 trillion in wealth.

Not sure about this one ?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I watched the entire speech last night and they laugh at the comment the person in the audience said in reply to Trump when he was boasting his record as president. So whatever the person said that Trump acknowledged and started laughing at is what the crowd was laughing at. Regardless the leaders at the UN can tell us how funny it is when they have to defend themselves militarily and stop receiving foreign aid from us. But I'd be willing to bet they won't think that's very funny.

I also listened to the whole speech which was great in content and Maybe I am stupid but I did not see/hear where he was lying. His manner of speaking was slowed down for the translators and I at times wanted him to speak faster but... He wanted to insure all the non english speaking reps got the full translation and intent of what he was saying..

The Red Chinese rep was sure taking notes along with the guy from Iran..

What gets me is I saw nothing that should piss off anyone in the states except for the globalist, democrats, and the afore mentioned foreign reps.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Maybe they laughed with him, which means they were all laughing at "you/us".

Maybe, maybe not. Watching it, it appeared like a light-hearted chuckle. It certainly didn't resemble the fantasy that they were "openly laughing at him", as if this was highschool.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
After reading some of the posts on the first page I have this
strong desire for popcorn.An interesting thread and I will look
back later.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It was one of his greatest speeches yet. It's no wonder the anti-Trumps pooh poohed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join