It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

If you don't care why they were laughing, why did you create an entire post about it?

For what it's worth, it was pretty obvious that they were laughing at what he said. Deflect however y'all want, that's what happened.

Why they were laughing was not the point of my post. Deflect however you want.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

I understand you're projecting, but I cannot understand why you don't understand that.

I think the only thing you understand sadly is the smell of your own farts.

Has anyone who attended confirmed your projections? Or are you engaged in your own fart-sniffing?

Oh no here comes the 2nd grade schoolyard tactics. Do regale us with your superlative ability to know what I am but what are you.

Your arguments are merit less and your thoughts disorganized, jumbled, and nonsensical. You serve only to enrich those who already share your silly views. That, son, is what it means when you huff your own farts.

So no one who was laughing can confirm your projections? Just as I suspected. You made it up or you were taught what to think. I'll dismiss your further projections as that which you accuse me.

I can't parse your wharblegarble, did you really ask me to ask those folks who were laughing if they agreed with me? I'm not sure you understand how things like 'reality' work......

I mean, you do realize I don't work for the UN right? I should hope you do though for your own insight to have any weight by your silly logic.

So you're only here to spread the liberal MSM's propaganda? Who knows, maybe that's what they were laughing at, but nobody knows for sure. Plus as I already stated, you can hear a person in the audience say something to Trump, then Trump laughs, followed by more laughs in the audience.

No, I'm sharing my own opinion (though I appreciate you calling out the fact that anyone who disagree's with your own opinion is just shilling liberal propaganda - a good deflection for someone who lacks critical argumentative skills of their own).

Perhaps someone whispered something funny to Trump, and perhaps everyone in the UN general assembly hall heard what the guy whispered and they were all laughing at a delightful inside joke. I suspect Occam would disagree with you though...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Lol, ok, sure I can't confirm my projections, but by that same silly logic neither can you. So why again are you wasting our time with your silly conjecture?

I'm sure you're so clever you've though how your own logic already doesn't apply to you. Classic.

I don't care why they laughed, and never claimed I did. Again making false accusations. And this from someone who works at the UN. How clever.

Do you remember anything else from the speech besides the fraction your were taught to remember?

Dude you've lost it. Reading comprehension skills ftw. I never said I worked for the UN. I never said I remembered the entirety of his speech. I merely said I'm pretty sure the folks at the UN were laughing at Trump because (to paraphrase) they believe he's lying to their faces.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think they were laughing at how easy it was for Trump to surpass Obama’s success in a quick 1 1/2 years.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Lol, ok, sure I can't confirm my projections, but by that same silly logic neither can you. So why again are you wasting our time with your silly conjecture?

I'm sure you're so clever you've though how your own logic already doesn't apply to you. Classic.

I don't care why they laughed, and never claimed I did. Again making false accusations. And this from someone who works at the UN. How clever.

Do you remember anything else from the speech besides the fraction your were taught to remember?

Dude you've lost it. Reading comprehension skills ftw. I never said I worked for the UN. I never said I remembered the entirety of his speech. I merely said I'm pretty sure the folks at the UN were laughing at Trump because (to paraphrase) they believe he's lying to their faces.

I did misread your post. I apologize for that. That doesn’t change my criticism.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Then what was it about, if you don't mind clarifying? I read a lot in the OP about humor and laughter, so I may have mistaken that for being the main point.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I think they were laughing at how easy it was for Trump to surpass Obama’s success in a quick 1 1/2 years.

I'm not sure setting a new record for national debt is something good to 'stick it to Obama' on winning......

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Then what was it about, if you don't mind clarifying? I read a lot in the OP about humor and laughter, so I may have mistaken that for being the main point.

That “the world” laughing at Trump isn’t the world, but a subsection of political elites, the media class, and those who remain in their bubble.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

Well...i believe you cant figure it out. For petes sake you call him a liar for having an opinion. Its like you arent even using the english language properly.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

How is your bubble working for you?

Can't be that great since all you guys do is complain and moan.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

I’m not complaining. The president is doing a great job.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ah, gotcha. I was mistaken, I didn't realize that was the main point of the OP.

Still, the people who were there were (mostly) elected by their people to represent the people in their section of the world. I mean, I laughed at what he said. So did most of the people I know. For several reasons. But, one of the main ones is, a speech made at the UN isn't the place to brag about an opinion you have about yourself. It's poor form, and wasn't an accurate representation of the beliefs of the people he represents. Stick to the facts of what you've been accomplishing, not opinions you have about your performance.
edit on 26-9-2018 by narrator because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well...i believe you cant figure it out. For petes sake you call him a liar for having an opinion. Its like you arent even using the english language properly.

What was the value of this post? You agree'd with my assertion that I can't figure something out? Congrats on wasting your time typing what I already said I guess....

Were you having a go at humor by posting a grammatically error riddled post calling me out for inability to use the English language properly? (If so, my hats off to you).

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Quoted for truth.

I’m not complaining. The president is doing a great job.

So if that's true, you all should be happy.

But, all I see around here is anger and non-stop "but the left!" whining.

Enjoy your winning friends!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
See my sig...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

No. I am pointing out that you calling him a liar for having an opinion is grossly misusing the term "liar". If you don't know what "liar" means, its no surprise you have trouble understanding other things involved in this discussion.

FWIW, my phones keyboard is small. I'd be happy to contract you as a proof reading service so my time on the toilet won't create grammatical grief for others.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Wayfarer

No. I am pointing out that you calling him a liar for having an opinion is grossly misusing the term "liar". If you don't know what "liar" means, its no surprise you have trouble understanding other things involved in this discussion.

FWIW, my phones keyboard is small. I'd be happy to contract you as a proof reading service so my time on the toilet won't create grammatical grief for others.

Lol, that imagery will give me a chuckle for the next week at least!

I was calling him a liar for claiming his opinion as fact proven (when he assailed against me for not providing proof that the folks at the UN indeed did laugh at Trump for the reason I listed).

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

The winning has been glorious.

More so, watching the butthurt left lose their fragile minds and implode into never-ending tears is much more satisfying, yet sad at the same time.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: Jefferton

The winning has been glorious.

More so, watching the butthurt left lose their fragile minds and implode into never-ending tears is much more satisfying, yet sad at the same time.

I dunno, I haven't really been crying or upset at all recently, on account of just how much of a train-wreck Trump and the GOP have been the last couple of months. If I wake up sullen I need only flip on any news channel and am immediately cheered up by the incompetence and derailment of GOP prerogatives and best laid plans all because a bloviating con-man sits atop the throne. Perhaps you've mistaking tears of laughter for tears of sadness (which considering the thrust of the OP and my first response to it, is fitting)?
edit on 39pm18fpmWed, 26 Sep 2018 15:25:14 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 26 Sep 2018 15:25:14 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What is it about these lefties who always talk about poop or farts or whatever crap? It's like monkeys flinging their poo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join