It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of World That Laughed at Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
According to the anti-Trump media, “the world laughed at Donald Trump” while he spoke about the progress of his administration. Afterwords, people used this piece of hyperbole to argue that the US is turning into a laughing stock.

By “the world”, of course, they mean those present in the UN General Assembly, a group consisting of leaders and diplomats representing democracies, theocracies and despotic dictatorships alike. By “the world” they mean the same politically-correct, media-driven elites that laughed during the election, only to cry once it was all over. By “the world”, they mean the same bubble they’ve never left.

Politicians, dictators and bureaucrats aren’t known for their humor, so it’s difficult to ascertain whether they found something humorous in his statements, or if they were engaging in the typical knee-jerk scoffing which has become regnant among the established elites and their propagandists over the past few years.

It doesn’t matter: it’s more about conceit and snobbery anyways. They laugh not because of humor, any inside jokes, but because everyone else is laughing. As for their followers, a simple “applause” sign is all they need to bring forth their biggest giggles, and that’s exactly what their articles and op-eds on the topic amounted to.

On Twitter and in late night comedy, where the priests of posturing teach their acolytes when, where, and how to react (and to what), this tiny episode of a rather lengthy speech superseded the content, context, and gravity of it’s entirety, most of which remains missing from the consideration of any media-led mind.

So while they laughed, and while their bubble undulated with frothing glee as those of like mind got the signal to join in, the reality continued without them. This is the sort of world that laughed at Trump.

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar.

I can't figure out why people are having such a tough time understanding such simplicity.

I understand you're projecting, but I cannot understand why you don't understand that.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I watched the entire speech last night and they laugh at the comment the person in the audience said in reply to Trump when he was boasting his record as president. So whatever the person said that Trump acknowledged and started laughing at is what the crowd was laughing at. Regardless the leaders at the UN can tell us how funny it is when they have to defend themselves militarily and stop receiving foreign aid from us. But I'd be willing to bet they won't think that's very funny.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It was nervous laughter. They know that their gravy train is coming to an end.

(post by Wayfarer removed for a manners violation)
(post by NiNjABackflip removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You can blame Hollywood for a large amount of violence of all kinds.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I watched the entire speech last night and they laugh at the comment the person in the audience said in reply to Trump when he was boasting his record as president. So whatever the person said that Trump acknowledged and started laughing at is what the crowd was laughing at. Regardless the leaders at the UN can tell us how funny it is when they have to defend themselves militarily and stop receiving foreign aid from us. But I'd be willing to bet they won't think that's very funny.

It doesn't matter, either way. This trifling bit of intrigue is what interests the fake news media's audience. Unfortunately the rest of the speech is missing from their consciousness.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I understand you're projecting, but I cannot understand why you don't understand that.

I think the only thing you understand sadly is the smell of your own farts.

Has anyone who attended confirmed your projections? Or are you engaged in your own fart-sniffing?

Oh no here comes the 2nd grade schoolyard tactics. Do regale us with your superlative ability to know what I am but what are you.

Your arguments are merit less and your thoughts disorganized, jumbled, and nonsensical. You serve only to enrich those who already share your silly views. That, son, is what it means when you huff your own farts.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

savage!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Has anyone who attended confirmed your projections? Or are you engaged in your own fart-sniffing?

Oh no here comes the 2nd grade schoolyard tactics. Do regale us with your superlative ability to know what I am but what are you.

Your arguments are merit less and your thoughts disorganized, jumbled, and nonsensical. You serve only to enrich those who already share your silly views. That, son, is what it means when you huff your own farts.

So no one who was laughing can confirm your projections? Just as I suspected. You made it up or you were taught what to think. I'll dismiss your further projections as that which you accuse me.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Quoted for truth.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Quoted for truth.

The only thing that's true about it is you share the sentiment with others in your bubble. In other words, your truth is born of fallacy and group-think.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So no one who was laughing can confirm your projections? Just as I suspected. You made it up or you were taught what to think. I'll dismiss your further projections as that which you accuse me.

I can't parse your wharblegarble, did you really ask me to ask those folks who were laughing if they agreed with me? I'm not sure you understand how things like 'reality' work......

I mean, you do realize I don't work for the UN right? I should hope you do though for your own insight to have any weight by your silly logic.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I can't parse your wharblegarble, did you really ask me to ask those folks who were laughing if they agreed with me? I'm not sure you understand how things like 'reality' work......

I mean, you do realize I don't work for the UN right? I should hope you do though for your own insight to have any weight by your silly logic.

"I'm pretty sure they just laughed because the dude lied with a straight face about being the biggliest and bestest president and administration evar. "

But you cannot confirm your projections.

So you're lying, or worse, were coached on what to think, son.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lol, ok, sure I can't confirm my projections, but by that same silly logic neither can you. So why again are you wasting our time with your silly conjecture?

I'm sure you're so clever you've though how your own logic already doesn't apply to you. Classic.

edit: Also, you are a fool. I never stated 'this is what really is going on, 100% guaranteed'. I said 'I'm pretty sure...'

Can you seriously not understand such fundamental elements?
edit on 39pm18fpmWed, 26 Sep 2018 14:32:17 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 26 Sep 2018 14:32:17 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

edit on 39pm18fpmWed, 26 Sep 2018 14:32:46 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 26 Sep 2018 14:32:46 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Lol, ok, sure I can't confirm my projections, but by that same silly logic neither can you. So why again are you wasting our time with your silly conjecture?

I'm sure you're so clever you've though how your own logic already doesn't apply to you. Classic.

I don't care why they laughed, and never claimed I did. Again making false accusations. And this from someone who works at the UN. How clever.

Do you remember anything else from the speech besides the fraction your were taught to remember?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So you're only here to spread the liberal MSM's propaganda? Who knows, maybe that's what they were laughing at, but nobody knows for sure. Plus as I already stated, you can hear a person in the audience say something to Trump, then Trump laughs, followed by more laughs in the audience.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

If you don't care why they were laughing, why did you create an entire post about it?

For what it's worth, it was pretty obvious that they were laughing at what he said. Deflect however y'all want, that's what happened.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join