It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Sorry IMSAM I just realised you posted it.

edit on 19-8-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Or maybe he didn't and he's participating in a hoax?

For what purpose MM would Jim be involved in some hoax?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I'm sure, as a member who has posted almost exclusively in this thread and the previous one that you can work all that out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
This is doing the rounds.

theanalysis.net... e/

Regarding landing sites, I'd be surprised if Brenda Butler and her partner haven't already examined every inch of that forest, a hundred times over. They are convinced that Jim's alleged landing site is nowhere near the 'official version', having used the photographs taken on the morning of the 26th (when the Suffolk police attended) to pinpoint the exact spot, or so they believe.

The illogicality of Halt investigating an alleged landing site from two nights previously has always bugged me as much as those unexplained red, white and blue lights that started this whole mess. Why potter about wasting time with radiation readings that aren't FRESH?

Then again, Halt was told by Lt Englund that "It's back!" - so why is it not feasible that the lights seen over a ground fog that first caused a patrol to alert Halt were in exactly the SAME position as Jim's?

If that's the case, could that lead to a solution to the mystery? But (and I'm arguing against myself again), why did these lights only manifest themselves over those three nights and not before or since? Was someone else (earthly rather than ET) lurking in that fixed area of those woods over three nights for some particular purpose before scarpering once USAF patrols set out to investigate?

What the hell happened on Night Two that nobody seems to want to talk about? Lt Bonnie Tamplin is sent home to the US after freaking out over a blue light - I mean, really? I thought these personnel were made of tougher stuff, considering what they were guarding. Halt accepts the story, but details remain very scant, and Ball won't talk. Something smells, and it ain't necessarily UFO-ish.

Also, as has been said before, where were these 'UFOs' during the daytime hours over three days? Down the local boozer?

edit on 19-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: double-negative

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

You have a lot of thoughts there CB. 😁

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

If a hoax. There would be a few miffed folk indeed. They would have to withdraw books off shelves. That has not occured.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You have a lot of thoughts there CB. 😁

And I have a few more, I'm afraid, courtesy of an unexpected source that was published on YouTube on 4th August (a personal crisis caused me to to forget about it). I'd recently touched upon researcher Miles Johnston's so-called "Bases 3" series of documentaries composed of previously unseen footage concerning the British investigators of the RFI. After a strong start, it was evident that some of the material concerning Brenda Butler's own experiences in the forest would divide people, considering how ultra-Woo they were, even though it's arguable she really does believe what she's saying.

Johnston also decided to publish an interview with Sacha Cohen which predated her transition from Larry Warren's top supporter to his greatest nemesis. I thought that was a wrong decision, but if Johnston is aiming to catalogue the entire story of the British sleuths, warts and all, it's arguably relevant, but I think it adds unneeded fire to an already heated situation.

What caught my attention, though, was an unseen 2014 interview with Dot Street, Butler's fellow sleuth. Three points she made could be of interest:

1) Ian "Lighthouse Man" Ridpath spoke to and corresponded with Dot on a number of occasions in 1983, at a time when Halt's faulty, sloppy dates on the memo were causing headaches for everybody. In exchange for Ian providing weather information about the Christmas period of 1980, Dot supplied information she'd gathered from Halt about supposed landing sites. The 'major' revelation was Ridpath's personal opinion to her about the lighthouse theory:

He said it was a load of rubbish; he just made it up - someone having a negative against what was going on... I said it's a bit stupid, you know damn well nobody believes you... When he did this filming, they were trying to mock the lighthouse, but they were obviously using this torch.. [Ridpath] knew damn well it wasn't true, he just wanted to put a spanner in the works - which he did.

Her allegation that he actually admitted the lighthouse theory was orchestrated bunk may be something that Ian will address if he becomes aware of it. Perhaps HERE if he still follows the thread.

2) Halt has trumpeted about how he got Brenda and Dot arrested when they entered his home to speak to his son, Chuck Junior. Dot reveals that Halt's son was the one who constantly invited and approached THEM about his dad's UFO experience. Halt had recently separated from his wife and Chuck Jnr was due to fly to America to join her, so Dot wanted to say goodbye in person while Brenda waited in the car. Once the front door was opened, an alarm was alerted that led to many USAF personnel arriving to detain both women and take them away to the Security Office for police questioning - much to Dot's delight!

A serious allegation, though, is that Halt threatened to tell the British Police that Dot had physically assaulted him.

3) Most bizarre of all, when Dot was arrested that day, she recalled a gentleman she met at a UFO conference in America who'd warned her that Halt was "not who he is"...

[He said] if you get to the Security Office, you will not see one picture of him, so obviously I was glad to find out this, and note when I did get there that the guy was right - there wasn't one picture of Colonel Halt to be seen... [He said] he's either OSI or something like that - he was put there to deal with this. And you know, quite honestly I believe it - which surprised me.

Dot also believes there is no record of Halt being stationed at Bentwaters/Woodbridge until the incident, and that he subsequently remained there to deal with the fallout (no pun). Does that make any sense? Furthermore, she alleges Halt told her the British MoD had personally promised him that they would never release the memo. Well, we know they never did (it was a US release after all), but she's indicating that there was a more comprehensive liaison between the MoD and the USAF about the incident than is usually accepted (ie that Halt simply sent off the memo and that was that).

Dot is quite a charming interviewee, but is she getting her wires crossed and mis-remembering after all these decades? Certainly she has made two allegations that need answers (Halt's threat, and Ridpath's admission that his theory was bunk).

Or perhaps nobody really cares one way or the other anymore.

edit on 25-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I have seen the Dotty video and of course note the mention of another book too.

She clearly is fond of larry but does not care for Nick Pope.

I am not sure if Ian will comment CB. He perhaps should.

Or perhaps nobody really cares one way or the other anymore. 

Maybe. It has reached saturation point. But it might perk up with the new book.

edit on 26-8-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Guess whose back.... back again....

Halt Who goes there! Oh sorry Sir, didn't realize it was you!

www.facebook.com...

edit on p39824192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

It's like waking up on Monday Morning after a fabulous weekend. Meh.

I wonder what drama this shall bring.
Anymore Halt books? have lost track.

Read some of the comments Pigs. Cough.

edit on 28-8-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

seeing as today is my birthday i want to know whats what

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Happy Birthday to you Penroc. Wishing you a very happy day.

I dont think a birthday is going to help much though. Grrrr. But , be content in knowing more books are in the making.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I can't believe I wasted money on the structurally appalling and chronologically inept "The Halt Perspective" the first time around - which itself wasted chapters on tedious online spats that nobody gave (and still don't give) a toss about.

What will THIS two-tonne volume address? Dot Street's allegations of Chuck being OSI? Or Chuck threatening to lay false charges of bodily assault on her? Can't think of anything else, frankly.

Perhaps three chapters of Halt fashion tips?

Cooking tips?

edit on 28-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Its like the night before Xmas in here ! ????

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Its like the night before Xmas in here ! ????

Has Jim and Gary's book caused waves of excitement across the world of ufology? Doesn't seem like it, but perhaps splitting the work into THREE volumes was an unwise move - especially after all this time.

Have you read the first volume, Baa? Or do you intend to?

All that seems to be occurring in RFI World is the same tedious online arguing between the Halt and Heseltine parties - which is of no interest to anyone except those involved. Quite sad, really.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

CB, If it arrives in Kindle format I may consider reading it, but not until that occurs. I have heard bits here and there and the actual reviews appear pretty positive. I see nothing earth shattering yet, but that does not mean nothing will occur. As you well know often a calm before a storm re the RFI. Online spats continue sadly.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I believe that the Rendlesham forest incident was 100% a real UFO event.

However, when one of the witnesses came forward and said that he was receiving messages in binary that were later translated into text, I couldn't help but be skeptical.

The reason is that the ASCII character code would not be anything that aliens would use to communicate with humans. It's not a universal code in nature. If they bothered to look up that code, they might as well use English in my opinion.

I just can't understand why the person claiming this would make it up, though, unless the rest of the story is false as well.

It just leaves me shaking my head.

I do find the testimony of Lt. Colonel Holt to be very compelling, as well as the audio tapes and description of the blinking "eye" in the woods. The reason I was so moved by this testimony is that I have personally seen something similar, and the overwhelming sense I had about it was that it was alive, conscious, and aware of me. This is all part of a long story I will have to save for later...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: povray
I believe that the Rendlesham forest incident was 100% a real UFO event.

There is no doubt that SOMETHING happened there over three nights, the memo and tape recording comprising some of the most compelling evidence in ufology. One of the biggest mysteries for me occurred right at the very start: What were the red, white and blue lights seen from the gate at 0300 on Night One before the airmen even set out to investigate? No adequate explanation is forthcoming - only the 'fireball' theory (promoted by Ian Ridpath) has been pushed to the fore, but it seems unlikely to me due to the lights' duration. A third red/orange light was traced to a beacon by the three men, but the other lights remain a mystery.

Night Two cries out for witnesses to come forward, but no statements exist beyond confirmation by Halt that Lieutenant Tamplin was traumatised enough by a blue orb (passing through her vehicle) that she was sent home. We need her superior, Sergeant Ball, to speak out.

Ball himself was out on Night Three with Halt's party, and the only airman other than Halt to publicly describe what he saw in the sky on Night Three as "ET" in nature. The red 'eye' arguably does not fit a lighthouse theory, especially when it split into three (noted on the memo but not on the tape). Were the star-light objects seen afterwards actually 'stars' (as insisted by Ridpath) or something intelligently controlled?

These are the main mysteries for me. The other more eccentric elements such as landed saucers, binary codes, time-travellers and three 'light beings' greeting the base commander, are just dubious, controversial and unnecessary distractions that pollute the story as a whole.

As you may find if you read this entire thread (and the first thread that it's a continuation of), keeping things SIMPLE is probably the best way to approach such a paradoxically complex case.

I do find the testimony of Lt. Colonel Holt to be very compelling, as well as the audio tapes and description of the blinking "eye" in the woods. The reason I was so moved by this testimony is that I have personally seen something similar, and the overwhelming sense I had about it was that it was alive, conscious, and aware of me. This is all part of a long story I will have to save for later...

I'm very interested in hearing your story, Povray - whether you want to add it to this thread or create your own exclusive thread.

edit on 31-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hi Peoples.........

Glad to be joining-in on this discussion at long last. Have read the forum for years (10+) but only pressed the trigger to join today, predominantly for this very thread.

I'd first like to thank all the contributors' as the research carried out on this thread, and indeed, the first one, is fantastic. I've found no where else on the tinternet where there is such a breadth of well versed research without all the be-atching that seems to go hand-in-hand with this Incident. I too, like a lot of posters', have most of the books, seen the myriad documentaries, sent away for the cassette tape and various memos (from the sadly missed 'UFO Magazine), remember the headline from the News of the World and watched from a distance as the mud-slinging began........ And shamefully for those involved, still continues to this very day.

I too, just like povray above, started to wonder when the 'binary download' info saw the light of day for the first time, it smacked of a serious outbreak of the dreaded UFO disease. I'm yet to be convinced otherwise. And just like Baablacksheep, I will not be parting with any more hard-earned £'s for Halt's next tome........ I'm still recovering from the first one....... How in God's name I made it through that book, I can only guess.

Looking forward to participating, just thought I'd dip my toe in first.

à bientôt

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The actual idea of a binary code doesn't bother me if you swallow everything else.

Both Penniston and Burroughs seem to believe these are humans traveling from the future year 8100 so it makes sense they would know binary code.

Even if you put that aside I don't have trouble believing that binary code would be a universal language with math at the core of everything. Basic on/off 1 and 0 patterns seem to me like a simple yet powerful way to convey information. Of course the actual message is in English so that would seem unusual if we are talking about an alien race. Why bother translating their message into English and then binary code. Seems like too many steps.

And of course if we live in a computer simulation then binary messages would be more likely than not.

I am fairly skeptical about Rendlesham but the binary code seems to me the least eyebrow raising thing about the incident.

new topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join