It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just analysed the link above and it is an mp3 disguised as wav... The audio quality is good, though.

In Barry Greenwood’s Rendlesham case file, starting on page 65 of the pdf, a transcript of the analog Halt tape can be found.
The tape was used for a 1984 CNN documentary by Chuck De Caro on the case (YouTube video v=HeO7NKV22xY).

The transcript contains many errors, which can easily be spotted in today’s de-noised mp3 versions.

On the other hand, it contains some interesting stuff that is not so easily found in the mp3 versions:
- On page 72, a 29 second period with no sound is mentioned.
- On page 74, another 28 second period is mentioned where the tape is silent.

These two silent episodes seem to indicate that the tape may have contained parts that have been erased before giving the tape to De Caro.

Skipping these parts while making the crude copy (using two tape recorders, one playing and the other recording) would have been easy, and they would not have ended up on the copy this way. That’s why I think these parts were erased later, using only one tape recorder to erase them just before the tape was released in the public domain: this is the only way with just one tape recorder at hand, and it will inevitably leave a silent part on the tape.

edit on 29-5-2019 by Guest101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101 Thank you. I have that one though. MediaInfo (popular basic analysis app) reports it as:

Wave: 3.07 MiB, 17mn 51s
1 Audio stream: MPEG Audio (MP3)
24.0 Kbps, 22.05 KHz, 1 channel MPEG Version 2 Layer 3

So it’s not “uncompressed PCM” encoded data in that WAV container file.

Attempted to open it in iZotope RX 7, but it complained “Decode error: Bad wave format tag: 85:0x3)

Neither did Audacity like it, until I imported it as “raw format”. From there, I exported as a “proper” WAV”.

That proper WAV imported successfully to iZotope RX 7, where Spectral De-Noise (after learning on a representative quiet bit) cleaned it up a treat. Much easier on the ears and can hear the footfalls crunching forestry floor stuff at last.

Lots to play with, thanks to this Files, but un-lossily-compressed would be the ideal.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Been learning about audio forensics etc. Will get round to it eventually.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chinabull

Hopefully we shall get back to all things Rendlesham soon?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

“There is a straightforward solution to this paradox:
The USAF did have a ‘part from another world’ in its possession, but not as a standard issue spare part: They found it in the woods after the first night.
This was the reason why the mysterious objects returned a second and third (maybe even a fourth) night, trying to persuade the USAF to give it back.”

Now we are getting to the heart of the matter.

They were looking for something.

Per my memory, the landed craft under repair was on Capo Green, and Pennies craft was in the trees.

Can someone tell me, is this correct, two different places, at the same time?

Unless They were in the trees as a diversion ~ They were looking for something.
The diversion idea makes no sense to me, because, what were they diverting from?
Did the humans not already know that he craft had landed on the Green?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

Per my memory, the landed craft under repair was on Capo Green, and Pennies craft was in the trees.

If you believe Larry Warren's story, then there were THREE different places, two of them on Night Three occurring at the same time. Warren claimed he could see Halt's team in the distance when he himself was observing a 'landed' craft on Capel Green - a nearby field to the one Halt reached after trailing a red light through the trees.

Sergeant Adrian Bustinza was definitely with Halt's team, albeit not for that full trek. Warren claims Bustinza was beside him in the other field. Do the timelines of the Sergeant's various movements that night allow him to be with both Halt and Warren?

Well, that primarily depends on whether one holds the popular view that Warren's story is a load of old codswallop.

edit on 13-6-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
a reply to: chinabull

Hopefully we shall get back to all things Rendlesham soon?

Just wait till the episode airs on "unidentified" Baa, all the other weirdo trolls that have taken over the other threads will undoubtedly find this one too...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Imagine that Pigs. No we better not imagine!!

😎

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

This is really circling back to the very basic facts of the incident! It's summarised on the first page

No read the first page. They occurred on two separate nights.

edit on 14/6/2019 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Hi piggy,
Did someone call my name

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

You should be busy doing your homework.😁

While am here the Jim and Gary book is still on delay but seemingly going to happen this month so it seems.

edit on 15-6-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

im sure others here have seen this but i enjoyed the presentation.

i have a sneaking suspicion the owner of this chanel might be tyler from ST10 but im on the fence about that

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Not seen it. I saw a pyramid and even a second or two of what seemed like a bit from Larry and Gary's Capegreen doc. Bottom line another bored Youtuber mashing the same old up making it appear new . Sure it looks cute , that's about it. This case has been totally flogged to death. Perhaps Cellty can wave his magic wand and try his marketing skills on this one soon.

edit on 19-6-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

of course but i will always have a soft spot for the theatrics of the RFI it is my roswell in that i know something happened there and without a doubt has opened the door for tons of people to the UFO and hopefully secret space program going on in the US and UK.

i swear to god if any future members are reading this don't go back and make it happen, how funny would that be if we made the RFI a kind of self fulfilling prophecy because people in the future doing archaeological 'digs' on the internet find out humble threads here and want to see for themselves what happened and caused the whole thing.........grandfather paradox...

i have a feeling that we are all on the same ride over and over again

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

There is a lot more to come . And you may be right re ride
))

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If this has been posted before i apologize in advance

Found a post by john Burroughs on Fb,ill post it here in its entirety(do it dosent get lost by 404)

Consideration #16: Gibbs rule # 11 When the jobs done walk away

It's time.

Here's why:

In 1980, I was twenty-something, fresh out of basic training on my first duty assignment at RAF Bentwaters. At the end of that year I had a truly phenomenal experience as part of the Bentwaters/Woodbridge/Rendlesham Forest incident. It was inexplicable to me then and while I know a lot more about a lot of things now than I did then, that experience is as inexplicable to me now as it was then.

I was never into the whole flying saucer thing before hand. In the last decade have become part of the overall UFO/UAP community -- if you can call it a community. And I am no closer to a firm understanding of that, either. Here then are my closing thoughts at this point, having been an 'experiencer', career USAF security guy with a high level of security clearance, witness to some advanced technology related to defense - some of which I cannot tell you about because of the clearances I received and still honor, an investigator into my own case, a researcher into a wide range of related fields, a speaker and finally a media interviewee and media host, interviewing an equally wide range of personalities.

Specifically, I do not have a complete and firm understanding of the events in the forest all those years ago. I don't know if I ever will. I know enough to know that the disclosure/confirmation road show is not the path to that understanding.

If you asked me and I was candid with you I'd say that there was a lot of very exotic EW and ECM and radar technologies at play in East Anglia at the time - 'ours' - which account for the incidents, by attracting something even more advanced - 'theirs'.

But don't quote me.

As a friend of mine likes to put it, 'all certainty in this field is provisional.' Meaning that taking into account all I know, I have my belief as to what went on, but the additional information I don't have could easily change my belief. And if 'they' have command of exotic technology that allows them to manipulate reality and space-time, I don't even know who 'they' are.

It's time to move on, armed with what I know, or think I know, and get on with the remaining years of what has been an interesting life.

It's hard to tell if a truly definitive account of what happened in Rendlesham can or will ever be assembled. Certainly there was a significant interest in the events by elements of the US and UK defense and intelligence communities, far more than either have let on to the general public. Certainly, tangled up in that are seriously legitimate classified projects and operations that need to remain classified for good reasons. Certainly there are reports of 'high strangeness', such as the house that was there and then wasn't there, that fit firmly in Vallee/Davis's taxonomy of 'anti-physical' effects. That is, observed behavior that defies the standard model of physics as we know it. Certainly there are various accounts by various researchers that are measured and solid. Certainly there are works that are largely inaccurate, put forward by 'witnesses' who were not as involved as they claim to be. Certainly there are well-meaning but poorly thought out narratives that try to fit a handful of cherry-picked facts into a presumed cause with varying degrees of success. Certainly there are bits of sensationalistic but shoddy journalism the serve only to confuse understanding while selling newspapers or books. Certainly there is official documentation and media that strains itself trying to force a prosaic explanation -- that somehow Jim Penniston and I could not tell the difference between a distant lighthouse and an inexplicable object right in front of us in a clearing. And certainly there are outright hoaxes perpetrated for the fun of it that do nothing but add to the amount of information one has to sift through to comprehend the case.

In short, it's a mess. A muddle. A quagmire.

But it certainly happened, and aspects were reported by a large number of people, many of whom were rational, trained military or other career individuals. And certainly it was an expectedly unusual series of events. Unfortunately, between the inability to access all of the information still hidden behind various levels of classification by a very few individuals or organizations 'in the know', and the very nature of the phenomenon calls into question the nature of consciousness/reality taken as two sides of the same coin, it seems impossibly to discern what 'really' happened.

I suspect I've formed as solid a picture as anyone outside the perpetrators of the events as to what went on. And yet it is incomplete and, well, provisional until I learn more.

The point being that enough of this is for me, enough. I am comfortable in what I think I know and there is a retirement to be enjoyed. My son is close to graduating college and he is off to seek his career. There is no upside to pursuing an engigma that may be, in the end, unknowable.

Generally, recent trends in the 'UFO community' are equally disheartening. First of all, a cross section of attendees at any given conference range from highly 'woo-woo', new age types with belief systems involving chakras, crystals and etheric beings whose beneficial messages can only be received by 'channeling' - whatever that is - the information being transmitted, to studious researchers who produce highly documented books discussing the reports of the phenomenon in clinical detail only to arrive at the conclusion that elements of the government are hiding something from us. Well, of course they are. That's what governments do. Presuming you know enough to know what is being hidden is hubris defined.

In between are the civilians who attend the conference and listen uncritically to the presentations, or join MUFON and take down reports of lights in the sky in tremendous detail only to arrive at the conclusion, in the most interesting of cases, that the investigator with his or her methods does not know what it was. And so another report goes in the data base as unknown.

I did not realize it until I got involved in the last decade or two, but the Holy Grail of a number of relentless public figures in the UFO community is 'Disclosure' with a capital D. That is what the TV series 'The Event' was all about. That is what the public hearings and presentations at the National Press Club were all about. And that is never going to happen because, given the nature of our society and the legitimate national security issues surrounding the technology under the well funded eye of various alphabet soup agencies which is on the blurry edge of unbelievable, the can not be the Disclosure event so fervently demanded by UFO lobbyists.

Few people outside the closely guarded internal understanding of these kinds of things have the means, the devotion and the mind to get close to the kind of understanding the phenomenon demands. Jacques Vallee is one of them. Robert Bigelow is another.

Bigelow came right out and said in a seminal interview with George Knapp years ago that 'disclosure' was not even the right goal. To move forward, he said, all that is needed - indeed, all that was likely possible -

Source

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Good find mate,burroughs raises some interesting points.Wonder if the goodbye is for ufology or for himself

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

While I am not going to pretend to know enough about the RFI to add anything that hasn't already been thoroughly examined, probably in these very threads, I must say it is interesting to see Mr. Bigelow pop up in this "farewell' post, if that is what this is.

And right on the build up to the next episode of Unidentified...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Agreed, the twitching corpse of Rendlesham is being resuscitated once more, I expect this thread to be "busy" again soon!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
this "farewell' post, if that is what this is.

And right on the build up to the next episode of Unidentified...

As Baa can tell you, this is not the first time JohnBoy has saddled up to ride off To The Stars and beyond.

The fact that the TTSA muppets are 'taking new ownership' of the RFI in four days' time is surely a reason for Burroughs to set up a whole new ranch rather than buggering off. He can build a campfire for special guests to sit around it and talk Woo-Woo all night.

edit on 25-6-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89 >>

join