It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I struggle to explain it anymore than have you seen the show, specifically what happens to Agent Cooper in the forest?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For Baa...

(No, it's not THAT video, folks, posted 100 times previously.)

edit on 25-3-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Mmmm, One must never pee against trees!

That was a strange one CB .

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

There's still time for Burroughs to claim he went for a Jimmy Riddle up a tree on the first night - thus failing to witness Jimbo caressing his Time Machine at a crucial moment.

Perhaps it was even a 45-minute pee-break.

Just a joke, John - I know you watch us like a hawk.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yes he sure did or does watch like a hawk, but, he is pretty muzzled these days.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
It was groundbreaking in 1990-91, and remains so today IMO.

Series Three (2017) is an entirely different beast in my book - just as groundbreaking for the modern age, and sometimes taking Lynch's surreal concepts to remarkable levels of darkness and horror rarely seen since his 'Eraserhead' debut in 1977. The soap-opera-parody flavour of the original has given way to an astonishing examination of identity and multi-layered realities that is alternately terrifying, VERY funny and ultimately quite moving.

The episode 'Gotta Light?' is one of the most remarkable hours in TV history.

I will be moving onto Series three shortly.

I am, as I remember I was back then, astounded by it's genius. I think more so now, there is a great deal of the humour that would have evaded me, as well as many of the cultural references would have gone over my head. The Tibetan Method had me rolling. Agent Cooper is a beautifully crafted character. As are they all.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

That was a strange one CB .

If you are staying at Bohemian Grove it is obligatory and it remains their primary argument for their seclusion from women during their high jinks.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
For Baa...

(No, it's not THAT video, folks, posted 100 times previously.)

The scene where Major Briggs is being interviewed following his return, having gone into a self-hypnotic state, he is sat amidst greenery on a stone throne made me sit up as it reminded me of one of the Burroughs hypnosis videos where he has a load of plants to the side and behind him. I don't think that that has any meaning though, just a visual coincidence making sparks...but what I did find a little more worthy of note in that arc was how he snapped out of his mind palace (for want of a better term) during his debrief and later tells Cooper that he suspects his compatriots interest in the white lodge are not ideologically pure.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Here is the latest by John Burroughs. I wonder who wrote this one for him?

m.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I can barely make heads or tails out of what Burroughs is trying to say here as usual.

But I guess the bottom line is: You will go to your grave not knowing what the phenomenon really is. Just accept it and move on.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Well he sure did not write that latest episode thats for certain!
😐

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Oh, he does say he was used, bla bla.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't think he wrote that at all. In fact the writing style looks familiar to me but I am not going to start a debate about that here. Reading between the lines I think he's been told that he's reached the end of the road and will never get all the answers he seeks.

There are only so many radio shows you can do with Linda Moulton Howe spouting untruths all the time as well. He deserves a medal for sitting through so many silently listening to her lies. Although he never challenged her deranged spiel once which was disappointing.

But as one witness heads down the long and winding road another with replace him and the story will never disappear. I've seen that road before.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

He deserves a medal for sitting through so many silently listening to her lies. Although he never challenged her deranged spiel once which was disappointing. 

I wonder why this is/was?

Mmmm..

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
John Burroughs is mentioned in this one re his special DNA.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I may have misheard, but the episode with Nolan, I'm fairly sure that John said he is hapalogroup type J. Rare, but not unknown at all. Perhaps I misheard.

Anyway, best of luck to John! I just read his final consideration, and I was surprised to see mention of "the others". He's done more than enough research.

For me, the Episode with Dr David Clarke was the highlight of his stint on Phenomenon!

I had assumed that seeing as he was debriefed by Elizondo, we might see him on the "Uninvited" TV show. Perhaps we won't - in which case I hope they don't feature Rendlesham because he is the guy who has kept pushing for the truth for so long.

On a random note, I had assumed John was a Trump supporter and was surprised to read the criticism of him.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I don't think he wrote that at all. In fact the writing style looks familiar to me but I am not going to start a debate about that here.

Well, you kind of have by putting it out there, or are you just ring-fencing the conversation.

I don't know, you'd think if there had been another writer involved that Burroughs would have at least read it through before posting it and therefore there would have been far fewer typos. Seems to me it was written by someone emotionally invested in what they were writing hence the number of typos.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
I may have misheard, but the episode with Nolan, I'm fairly sure that John said he is hapalogroup type J. Rare, but not unknown at all. Perhaps I misheard.

I didn't listen to that interview but he has referred to his having been found to have Western Eurasian heritage, haplogroup J would support that implying that his antecedents arrived in Western Asia about 50,000 years ago (hgJ) and were part of the movement from Arabia into Anatolia and then the Caucaus region about 8,000 years ago mixing with older European groups haplogroups there. I assume that that is only part of the mix though. Interesting none the less. He could have been very close to his ancestoral homeland while serving in Iraq if indeed he does have J in the mix there.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

No clue lost track. All I can tell you he was already aware of his special DNA well before Green and Nolan appeared in the picture. Of course there is no telling what he truly knew other than his belief re his and Jims DNA having some sort of special properties.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You were right, Baa - John vowing to ride off into the sunset yet AGAIN seems to be an annual event.

I wonder who 'ghost-wrote' that piece on FB, because it certainly doesn't sound like John. Blimey, goes on a bit, doesn't it?

Moulton-Howe, maybe? He seemed a regular, down-to-earth type of guy with tonnes of questions until Howe met him about ten years ago and introduced him to a whole ufological universe of wild, exotic and often plainly false ideas - which, as MM says, he seems unwilling to question in her presence.

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join