It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
John has also spoken about Tanks with cloaking, but it effects their navigation.

Woah, invisible tanks - I must put one of those on my christmas list, I don't mind if it's clumsy.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
I believe that according to some of the airmen involved the camera equipment was confiscated from base personnel, one account I think at least states that it was the staff of the base's own publication that were asked to cease and desist filming/photographing. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Bustinza seems all that confused but I he does appear to be somewhat suggestible.

I listened to Bustinza's 2015 interview again and, in contrast to the rather messy final half-hour when Larry intrudes, his initial account is quite lucid and free from interruption. Putting aside his later experience with Burroughs, it forms a fairly straightforward retelling of Halt's story without a spectacular big-budget landing by a massive 30-ft 'saucer' or alien 'light entities'. The alleged post-incident "Bullets are cheap" threat was a highlight, of course, but otherwise it boiled down to "We chased lights in a forest".

He also described confiscating cameras, but this seemed to occur upon Halt's return to base rather than during the 'thick of it' whilst personnel surrounded a landed craft (as he seemed to infer in 80s interviews).

The description of Halt's trek was then mysteriously sexed-up when Larry's booming, controlling persona joined the discussion. Suddenly, a heavily led Bustinza is describing potential 'light beings' who detached from the main craft like 'bubbles' as his account mutates into something more akin to 'Left At East Gate'. And not very convincingly.

So yes, I'd say "suggestible" is indeed one of Bustinza's traits. One of his most useful tidbits was a casual recollection about writing a two-page statement of the night's events for the USAF. However, as we know, the whereabouts of ALL the third night's official statements remains a mystery. Oddly, nobody seems to have pursued that mystery with much zest - do we simply take the USAF's word that they don't exist? Which seems unlikely considering all the fuss that night, and a messy, incorrectly dated memo that merges three nights into one is hardly sufficient.

edit on 6-2-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
He also described confiscating cameras, but this seemed to occur upon Halt's return to base rather than during the 'thick of it' whilst personnel surrounded a landed craft (as he seemed to infer in 80s interviews).

This interview?

If not, let me have the link to the one you listened to.

I think it is somewhere in between, he says that he remembers driving past all sorts of people, including the "bobbies" and seeing them with cameras and recording equipment. Then either he, or Warren, told Halt about this and Halt instructed them to go confiscate them. Bustinza distinctly remembers the detail of holding at least one of the cameras on the journey back to the base.

He does catagorically state that he has tried as much as possible to forget the events which may explain the staccato Fawcett interview. Warren's character in all this is somewhat ephemeral. He flits in and out of Bustinza'a recollections, there one minute, gone the next. Given your choice of words I take it that you're aligned with mirageman's implication that Warren's role could be verging on the coercive?

I still have to listen to the rest of the interview...which I am going to do later. It seems like a good'un so far though, certainly reaffirms the traumatic nature of the experience. There is something interesting about how Halt is coming across, especially after first being primed with that particular snippit of the Burroughs' hypnosis tape. I think you chaps have pointed out that before and I am only just now getting it. Hmm...interesting.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here is a fantastic write up by Dr David Clarke & Gary Anthony in regards to the Condign Report, it is from Oct 2006 but a fascinating read all the same;
tinyurl.com...

edit on p00825192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Can you tell us in ten words the best bits?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Thanks for video I had not seen this before

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

I think it is somewhere in between, he says that he remembers driving past all sorts of people, including the "bobbies" and seeing them with cameras and recording equipment. Then either he, or Warren, told Halt about this and Halt instructed them to go confiscate them. Bustinza distinctly remembers the detail of holding at least one of the cameras on the journey back to the base.

Yes, that's the version I listened to. Perhaps he mentions the cameras at two different points of that lonnnng interview; I could be mistaken but I got the impression it occurred post-trek, but I'll take your word for it. Most of all, I remember Bustinza staring at the big "M" logo on a particular camera. Were they the property of Brit cops? Warren in 1994 stated that the two "bobbies"' lives had hit skid row since 1980 due to ridicule, alcoholism etc. As MM mentioned, Bruni contacted the only possible Brit cops who could have been on duty on Night 3 - one firmly told her that he knew what he saw and didn't want to be contacted again. All very dramatic and a dream retort for Ufologists!

Given your choice of words I take it that you're aligned with mirageman's implication that Warren's role could be verging on the coercive?

It depends. I would say Bustinza's original 1984 account to Fawcett was 'contaminated' by the latter feeding him Larry's story throughout, in itself mildly coercive if Bustinza did feel a sense of loyalty to Warren for whistleblowing. And it is curious how the 2015 interview of the actual Halt trek is hardly spectacular, missing any grand 'landing/alien beings' imagery until Warren arrives to sex-up the interview.

The "Bullets are cheap" threat sounded palpably true, though. And his experience with Burroughs remains pretty spectacular, especially if he was the other successful compensatee.

Re Warren, I suspect he's going through a deliberate QUIET phase in his life despite the incoming "Capel Green' documentary, maybe reflecting on his controversial obnoxious behaviour in recent years that did nothing but harm his own case and the RFI as a whole. The only way his RFI story could make any sense is if there was a Fourth night, but that's an idea that's dead in the water, although Halt's inept dating of his memo allowed such speculation to flourish for many years until all the dates were finally verified.

PS: Ironically, I think Halt's faulty memo date of "27th Dec" is what catches Penniston with his pants down (if you pardon the imagery!) since the notebook boasts the SAME wrong date, ie implying it was likely written after the memo's release in 1983 rather than the early hours of the 26th Dec 1980. Quite aside from the fact that Burroughs never saw him whip it out that night (the notebook, I mean).

edit on 7-2-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Do you think Bustinza's account adds anything but more confusion to the mix?

He's always been reluctant to come forward although has spoke on rare occasions. As for Warren, my guess is Heseltine is keeping him from speaking too much publicly after his previous threats, emissions and falling out even with his former co-author. He can't risk his film being a flop. And I think you will find Penniston has decided that the 27th Dec date in his notebook referred to something else and is not relevant to the incident at all.

edit on 8/2/2019 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

He was waiting for the rush from Boxing Day sales to die down before he went on a splurge?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Do you think Bustinza's account adds anything but more confusion to the mix?

More confusion, of course. His reluctance to promote himself over 39 years arguably bolsters his story, but without Halt, Nevels, Ball or Englund backing up the more extravagant claims of Halt's trek, he remains a frustrating enigma. If he'd said nothing at all, we'd have a much tidier case, that's for sure. As it is, the Roberts/Ingalls pub story of early 1981 that started it all won't go away and is given further time in the spotlight via Heseltine's incoming film.

Rendlesham is gradually becoming or HAS become Britain's Roswell - and no, Mr Pope, that is NOT a recommendation. There's a bitter irony that Halt's declaration of an ETH thirty years after 1980 mirrors Marcel's similar declaration thirty years after a pile of sticks and foil were found in a field.

And I think you will find Penniston has decided that the 27th Dec date in his notebook referred to something else and is not relevant to the incident at all.

Yes, he suddenly decided they referred to the date he wrote down the binary codes - which are, of course, not relevant to the incident.

And we were all born on 7th Feb 2019.

edit on 8-2-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Spot on. He needs to keep him out of the PR circus, but too late to try correct the ludicrous nature of this story.

Hesseltine wants to make money off a yarn, hey I don't begrudge entertainment stories making a buck, but not these stupid UFOtainment "documentaries". Though recently he started to say he needs to present more than Warrens testimony for CG...that made me chuckle and I unfollowed reading these idiots once and for all... I guess he still needs to try tell a 'good tale' about Capelgreen after a production company invested in it, with a less risky version, minus Warren as our lead Rendelsham protagonist...in truth LW is kinda poor mans version of Frank Abegnale crossed with Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber.
Warren has poorly maintained his timelines of BS, he even can't get right where the Capel Green landing was, the field is on the other side to what he said and miles from the Brentwater base.

Now I may not be remembering this WILD and ludicrous timeline exactly but it goes something like this...

-Lied He was The beach boys PR manager at 13
-Lied he signed and discovered Metallica
-Lied he was John Lennons bodyguard when he was 17
-Sold the same versions of signed Stevie Ray Vaughn jacket as memorabilia.
-Sold John Lennon's many glasses, and the faked UFO drawing by Lennon that his girlfriend May Pang said is forged memorabilia
-Lied he was a Hells Angel biker that threatened to sort out his detractors with the gang as messengers.... until the local chapter of the club paid him a wee visit aaaand ...silence...
-Lied he was at 911 rescuing people, stolen valor
-Sold Jimi Hendrix fake memorabilia, interestingly he signed the same fake hendrix signature when he defaced the rendelsham statue.
-He tipexed his service papers and his co author said he's lying.

He just found in Rendelsham another con to BS about.

I read all his BS claims ages ago and wasn't really interested in the hoopla but thought "good someone has outed another UFO BS artist"....over time, have gotten slightly more miffed that somehow people still give him the time of day and make a movie about a angry little American version Billy Meier. The only movie about him should be Catch Me If You Can, but the Dumb and Dumber version.

Capel green is as authentic as the Alien Mummy debacle a couple of years ago....I might check the credits if Jamie Musson is involved, lol right up his alley....Everyone knows its BS but here we all are still debating this crap.

Awful he even still comes up. PM me if something interesting and new ever comes up

I'm over The Sham.

edit on 8-2-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Already on it Mr Mirage...

I can't say that this will lead you directly to the Holy Grail. Because as we know some trails are false and red herrings. FOIA is slightly more open in the UK than the present day USA. So this book may give you a bit more help.

It's a fictional novel. But if you look for clues then you'll realize that he was aware of certain project code-names and his 'secretary' was told not to use the term UFO when dealing with people on the phone. Don't expect to turn up anything regarding weapons production as a result of Condign just from reading the book though.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm surprised you've shared this Mirage. We spoke about how this could be misinterpreted in the wrong hands.

As we learned, though there are a series of 'keys' planted in a number of items, that cannot be by there by chance.

- No Weapon Forged
- SHADO
- The Hunt For Zero Point

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

It could be misinterpreted of course. That is the risk I am taking as I don't know even you from Adam here.

But the greater danger is that the such follies as 'Capel Green' are seeded as part of the narrative. Two unemployed blokes in the UK, milking their last, best hope for cash. I believe there is no real concern for getting at the truth in that project.

I will convey information privately regarding SHADO and Xero point energy by personal message. Although of course I cannot and will not prove who I am. I might just be a schoolboy in a basement telling you false stories. You will have to work that part out for yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I understand and will await the information on SHADO!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

You mean there's more to SHADO than just a bogus TV studio in 1980 populated by people defending the Earth from UFOs in bad wigs and trying not to act like puppets?

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Unfortunately there are people who still wish to make cash from the retelling of the Warren Lies or got too invested in all of it that they simply can't admit they were taken in by his steely eyed bull sh1t..That's fine they are a shrinking minority.

I will be sure to keep you updated.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There could be, as silly as it sounds. The key is starting with that book though.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry CB but you will have to dig into the strange synchronicities that seem to occur with this case and things you seem to have identified yourself. If you want to send me a PM then feel free. I might not be fully able to answer depending on the content. You me and Adam, have to understand that the truth we seek may not exist.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I will convey information privately regarding SHADO and Xero point energy by personal message. Although of course I cannot and will not prove who I am. I might just be a schoolboy in a basement telling you false stories. You will have to work that part out for yourself.

Include me on this, and leave out your school photos ok?

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join