It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I'm not sure if Dot Street is the one that is confused or perhaps in her confusion she is failing to stick to the script.

I've just started reading the piece that Randles wrote for the Fortean Times as a 35 year anniversary review of the case and while there is a nice little anecdote about a radar sighting of a UFO leading up to the RFI, it makes no mention of the radar tapes that were supposedly made on the night, at multiple stations, of 25/26th December. According to Ridpath's site there is no evidence that any such sighting or recordings by radar were made of a UFO on that night, and the following night, after receipt of Halt's notification, all radars were engaged but no unaccounted returns were made. So no radar recordings were made and no tapes were taken according to the MoD on the nights in question. I presume that Randles is going to explain later in the article what exactly it was that Paul Charrington confirmed happened when he spoke to the "radar" operators and confirmed Paul Begg's informants story.

In terms of the Mal Scurrah incident, Bruni only vaguely refers to March 1979, Pope states that Scurrah checked and was able to "confirm" that it happened at the end of October or beginning of November 1980, which doesn't really "confirm" much for me. Why did Begg's fella in the pub say 30th December when that date has nothing to do with either incident beyond it following on from the others in the calendar?

To be perfectly honest I think anyone who isn't confused after immersion in RFI needs their head read.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

There are all sorts of very very cool ways interesting raido isotopes over cast distances and they mountains of rocks and concrete.

Back in the 90's NoKo had an accident in one of their buddies secret sites that was the size.of a small yield detonation but not normal fusion products were found....

We have whole top srcretplatforns and sensors dedicated to this mission of finding nuclear weapons

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

I'm not sure if Dot Street is the one that is confused or perhaps in her confusion she is failing to stick to the script.

Yep. But which is it I wonder?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Jenny did expand further here regarding the radar returns (or lack of). It will probably just add to the confusion to be honest.

As does the Mal Scurrah report. Scurrah joined the RAF in March 1979 and tracked a UFO on radar in off the East Anglian Coast during late November 1980 (no exact date was ever established). ITV used his story as part of the Strange But True TV show on the Rendlesham incident in 1994.

In 1995 he clarified with UFO magazine (UK) that this was not linked to the events in December 1980 at Bentwaters/Woodbridge.

© UFO Magazine V13 No.6

In a later edition he also tells the story of senior RAF officers arriving and removing the radar tapes. Something only done after a near miss or accident. So although Scurrah's account is not part of the RFI it has only added to the confusion in subsequent years.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Yep. But which is it I wonder?

To be honest I can't remember a single thing that happened to me in 1980, let alone what someone else might have told me happened to them. I would expect there to be a failure to recall the sequence of events if they hadn't made notes in diaries and were able to refer to those notes. However, despite those notes which allow some the ability to label Dot Street as "confused", they don't seem to answer why we have variously, over the years, been given a variety of dates that were subsequently amended when those involved came forward. Halt appears to get a lot of flack for being a day out and yet everyone "investigating" seems to have been pointed to the 30th December or the 27th-30th in the inital rumours.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Jenny did expand further here regarding the radar returns (or lack of). It will probably just add to the confusion to be honest.

So, according to those posts, Randles spoke to the radar operator sixteen days before Paul Begg phoned her up to tell her about the guy in the pub!

As does the Mal Scurrah report. Scurrah joined the RAF in March 1979 and tracked a UFO on radar in off the East Anglian Coast during late November 1980 (no exact date was ever established). ITV used his story as part of the Strange But True TV show on the Rendlesham incident in 1994.

As I mentioned before, according to Pope (Covert Agenda), Scurrah told him that he had checked the records and could confirm that the incident took place between the end of October and early November, but now we have end of November according to yet another source. Was it Scurrah that it is alleged approached Begg in the pub and therefore we can just accept that events in the general excitement of the time were conflated? Or is there another individual who approached Begg, and since we have repeated confirmation that nothing untoward was recorded on 26-30th by any of the radars in the area, can we assume this person was out to stir the pot and spread a distracting rumour that drew attention away from one thing and towards another?

In 1995 he clarified with UFO magazine (UK) that this was not linked to the events in December 1980 at Bentwaters/Woodbridge.

How can he be sure it is not related though. I was wondering if the end of November radar returns could tie in with that Norfolk power outage that you dug up earlier??? Not that knowing that would inform of anything else that I know of, but then again, you never know, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Continuing to read the Fortean Times anniversary series and Jenny Randles writes this,

”...two young men were on a pier on the Paco waterfront facing south and saw a large red “comet with a tail” move slowly to the northwest...”

She then goes into exceptional detail about the many physical effects that these two men suffered etc etc, but it was documented that the Cosmos launch rocket, at around 9pm, had been witnessed as it passed over Morocco, then Portugal and France before breaking up over the UK.** Have Randles ever even acknowledged the re-entry and it's closeness to the RFI?*

* ETA, yes in the nearly next paragraph...sorry my enthusiasm getting the better of me...and I still have a cold.
** I am going to go with Randles "glossing over" the facts rather than deliberately obfuscating them. I suppose it makes a better story if what her Portugese chaps saw remains unexplained when clearly it was the Cosmos 749 "third stage" launcher.

edit on 16-12-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I hope your cold gets better soon KT.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

That's so kind of you, thank you.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You need to keep that wonderful new pic in your profile, Ba - Xmas or no Xmas.

Speaking of Xmas, I wonder what Rendlesham villagers do every Xmas Day night/ Boxing Day morning at about 3am, in commemoration of the event that put their name on the map. Perhap they launch Chinese Lanterns emblazoned with the beaming faces of Halt, Penniston, Burroughs and Warren to scare strangers away.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Ha ha CB. Even little ol black sheep need to join in with some Xmas cheer!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There is a short interview with Colonel Halt from BBC World Service here

Nothing much we didn't know. He tells how a female Lieutenant was sent home to the USA she was so traumatized. Something Halt has said previously he didn't know until around 2007 or 2008. Hmmm. What was he doing back over in the UK as well? Seems like another documentary in the works.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here is something by Dr Clarke.

drdavidclarke.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, Baa.

I chuckled at Robin Horsfall's rather rude comment that Frank's letter...

‘is written by a person with a solid grounding in grammar which in my opinion excludes most SAS operatives during this period including the commissioned officers’.

Miaoww!

It's a good yarn, though - unlikely, of course, but another one to add to the growing pile of theories.

edit on 27-12-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I could believe that an SAS soldier may have improved his grammar. But I don't believe our special forces would have had a radiation emitting device that could damage heart valves if they were playing a prank. Still, as you say, another story on the pile. Perhaps one that Halt can argue about in his 3rd book.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Perhaps one that Halt can argue about in his 3rd book.

Oh help me god a 3rd.😞

I see Hanson is already whining again on Popes facebook.

And the farce continues.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hmmmm...there were these kind of operations on frequent basis apparently, although not as the linked article suggests.

SAPS at Woodbridge? Would that be them moving the cobra Mist stuff there after? Seeing as though it's been stated that some of the SRI folks hung around?

Some comments on Burroughs FB page on this recently are interesting.

"Can you see the arc?"

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Yes I noticed the "arc".

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Also that "more meat on the bones" will be added in 2019, but nothing that's amazingly going to solve anything...

Gonna go listen to that cookie interview again...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Something that is possibly important, possibly not, but is frustratingly sparse on details on the web is "Operation Pique". Which appears to be some of form low frequency non-lethal weapon dating back to 1978.

A more potent RF weapon currently under development is the high powered very low frequency (VLF) modulator. Working in the 20-35 KHz spectrum, the frequency emits from a 1-2 meter antenna dish to form into a type of acoustic bullet. The weapon is especially convenient because the power level is easily adjustable. At its low setting, the acoustic bullet causes physical discomfort -- enough to deter most approaching threats. Incrementally increasing the power nets an effect of nausea, vomiting and abdominal pains.

The highest settings can cause a person's bones to resonate, which is very painful, as it can ultimately cause the bones to literally explode internally. Aimed at the head, the resonating skull bones have caused people to hear "voices."

Researched by the Russian military more extensively than by the U.S., the Russians actually offered the use of such a weapon to the FBI in the Branch Davidian standoff to make them think that "God" was talking to them. Concerned with the unpredictability of what the voices might actually say to the followers, the FBI declined the offer. Another RF weapon that was ready for use back in 1978 was developed under the guise of Operation PIQUE. Developed by the CIA, the plan was to bounce high powered radio signals off the ionosphere to affect the mental functions of people in selected areas, including Eastern European nuclear installations.

See : FAS. org

... Keeler (1989) reports that the CIA had an Operation Pique that was designed to affect the mental attitudes and behaviour of employees at nuclear power plants in communist Eastern Europe, implying some intent to cause a nuclear meltdown/holocaust.

Given the very bizarre and otherwise virtually inexplicable behaviour of the employees who caused the nuclear disaster at Chemobyl in the Soviet Union in 1986, it is possible that the USA's Operation Pique may have had something to do with it...

Source : Triumph of Evil : The Reality of the USA's Cold War Victory- Austin Murphy (book)

It is not necessary that the transmission take place from equipment in the vicinity of a target (although the Greenham women seemed to be suffering from transmissions made from within the base.) Propagation of microwaves has been very well studied and is very sophisticated, e.g., a two inch beam can be sent from a satellite, point to point, to a receiving dish on earth; and, it was reported in 1978, that the CIA had a program called Operation Pique, which included bouncing radio signals or microwaves off of the ionosphere to affect the mental functions of people in selected areas, including Eastern European nuclear installations.

Remote Mind Control Technology - Anna Keeler
Worth a full read IMHO....

So you have something that may have been able to make people vomit, hear voices and even become mentally unstable. It's even being blamed for causing a nuclear disaster if those stories are to be believed too.

Is it linked to RFI though?

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join