It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

i have seen some unusual things in my time, triangles, orbs and strange aircraft but my story never changes.

the second someones story changes is the second their word is worth less than dirt, yes he was there but the only reason i can see that he would change his story is.....money(no), fame(no), ego(likely).

it's a shame some of the people involved in the RFI felt the need to....enhance their story.

---

my honest opinion of what was going on those nights is, there was experimental aircraft and drones in the area and something went wrong and one of them needed to land, seeing as it was a joint base US personnel were sent to cordon off an area as well as be there incase assistance was needed(medical or otherwise).

the stricken craft utilised 'interesting' communication methods that was interpreted as lasers in the WSA and the fields and maybe some countermeasures or weapon systems were malfunctioning and had unfortunate effects on some of the airmen.

then OSI/whoever messed with the narrative via the interrogations that most likely utilized MK style memory tinkering as well as threats and misdirection.

local news picks it up as a UFO at the base and the rest is history.

some of the men saw an opportunity for fame and a little bit of cash and took it..

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

What I think?

There is squabbling over at TTSA and their handlers end..
just like the squabbling here on ATS.

The faction that supports the Collins Elite,

is fighting for control of the TTSA dupes,

with the Intelligence services that want

to promote the fake "core story".

It seems the intelligence services are wrinning
the fight.

It seems pretty obvious, but I could be wrong.

People often make the mistake of assuming the 'baddies'
have their act together.. and don't think about the
fact that they have huge warring factions too.

Kev

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
But instead between the CIA and other agencies,
and the UFO entertainers who want to make
money from the credulous..

The little bit of real anomalous stuff is so covered
over, it's very hard to study it or bring knowledge
of it forward to the world.

It's not how I want it to be.. but i'm an adult.

Let's imagine, just for a second, that I agree with you, what reason, do you think, that the CIA and Project Palladium were engaged in that activity for? As in, why would they want to create a belief in the ETH? Were they attempting to deflect attention, cover something else up or do you feel that they themselves were working on a confirmation bias, and actually believed what Puharich and the Nine were telling them for example? In the latter case meaning, that they were just being used as a means to someone else's end???

MM is better educated on the cold war implications than I am.

I mean, if you read "Rosetta" you can see how UFOs were used as cover
for the 'ghost rockets' .

If you read, NIck Redfern's book on Roswell, you can see that UFOs
were used as cover for the Fugo-2 human experimentation.

Originally, it appears that thee USA wanted to convince Russia
that we had UFO technolgoy.. (for deterrence) and to get
them to waste time chasing after UFOs which weren't there..

and also as a way to cover black projects.. and of course as
a way to leave around "UFO bait" to see who is a traitor.

Those are all the OLDER reasons they do this stuff.

t think that it has become a habit.. even though cold
war dynamics have now changed.

I'm less certain about current motives.

Do you have any ideas?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Friends in a shark tank🙄.

I don't understand your reference.

The best friends I have on ATS are for the most
part in this thread.

I don't see any sharks.

Kev

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Kevin am pulling your leg!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Regardless of what people might think of Jim, is this not a little odd, he been a principle witness and all?

It also appears Jim did not even know who Zondo was.

Yeah, you'd think if they were distancing themselves from folk who might discredit the research they'd distance themselves from themselves.

I'm joking somewhat but only partially. In some things TTSA, philosophically speaking, I agree. The importance of "Consciousness" to our human and cosmological mystery for example.

But then there's all the obvious issues they have with credibility and truth and that pretty much sours the whole thing.

Jim might be better staying away from it all and address his story with his book.

I'd be glad to be wrong and find that TTSA turns out something amazing that furthers our understanding. I would sincerely apologize publicly.

I hope the TTSA crowd produce something amazing too. There is always hope.

As far as the Jim and Gary book. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Info I have suggests a number of years and thus far it has been exactly that.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
How do the regulars in THIS thread feel about the prospect of the new 8-part TV series 'Rendlesham', produced by and starring Laurence Fishburne? The other thread reporting the news is distracted by "YAY! Morpheus is back to kick some ass!"-type stuff and political rants about ethnicity.

Will it do more damage to the case than help it? I suppose it depends if the case is approached in a serious, sober manner rather than a glitzy, razzmatazz Hollywood cacophony of noise and CGI where facts are the first victims.

I hope it's the former, of course, but what are the odds?

edit on 5-11-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I would say I'm looking forward to it, but like book to film adaptations..keeping true to the source material will be hard when even the source material for Rendlesham is so disputed by nearly all parties then God knows what they are gonna come out with.

Certainly will be interesting and more importantly, why now? or is that the point!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I do like good science fiction.

Since what we know about RFI is mostly fiction, I imagine
the 'boys' will really ham it up but good, as they aren't
afraid to be 100% fact-avoid-ant.

I do like Laurence Fishburnethough.. it might be entertaining.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I do like good science fiction.

Since what we know about RFI is mostly fiction, I imagine
the 'boys' will really ham it up but good, as they aren't
afraid to be 100% fact-avoid-ant.

I do like Laurence Fishburnethough.. it might be entertaining.

Are you saying the boys stand to score money from this?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

why now?

Because there is an agenda been played out.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I'd say this. 100% is the probability of researchers using this thread for ideas and to break the story. It won't follow much closely.

I'd also wager that there will have been people asking questions here to clarify things and deal with plot points.

At least, that's the sensible way I would approach things if it were my production.

John believes that all of this this is occurring because of the 20th anniversary. I don't think so.

What's happening now, we can trace back to Ray Boeche and his informants. Two cases. Roswell and the RFI.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In order to bring Roswell and the RFI to the big screen with any kind of integrity, the background story would probably need to start much earlier perhaps Egypt. Since "You can't tell the people" because they couldn't handle the truth, it will probably be some shallow jump the shark thing instead. The intellectual rights to the story might actually belong to museums and institutions even though they likely stole the story from sources that amazingly remain anonymous even to this day, EG (Bender and the Black Knight satellite). It will be a disappointment for me but the movie will probably read the movie review. You could create an epic movie if you had the cooperation of all the artists and intellectuals that have profited off the story in the past but then the thieves would be outed and all hell would break loose.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What I think?

There is squabbling over at TTSA and their handlers end..
just like the squabbling here on ATS.

The faction that supports the Collins Elite,

is fighting for control of the TTSA dupes,

with the Intelligence services that want

to promote the fake "core story".

Who are the "faction" that support the Collins Elite?

It seems the intelligence services are wrinning
the fight.

It seems pretty obvious, but I could be wrong.

It doesn't seem obvious to me, what is your reasoning behind that conclusion?

People often make the mistake of assuming the 'baddies'
have their act together.. and don't think about the
fact that they have huge warring factions too.

I think it is a common assumption amongst some demographics within the US to hold the belief that the US operates in isolation and consequently they are easily swayed by mainstream media. Nick Redfern, Annie Jacobsen and others appear to have been commissioned specifically to service the mainstream disclosure of these subjects to that audience without deviating from the designated material. The New York Times and the big publishing houses like Simon and Schuster seem to be very much a part of the marketing and distribution stream of that mainstreaming. So, this is the stuff that they are not hiding anymore, these are the narratives that they are no longer running but want the public to have in their consciousness and to base their consumption on...would be my take on it. You see factions, I see factions blatant profiteering. In that respect why is Redfern any more reliable than TTSA? They're both evidently vying for the same market, the type of people that don't check sources.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It will only be harmful in my opinion, a t.v company turning RFI into a fairytale when it is already a highly controversial event.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Posting so I can find the thread later. Love reading about Rendlesham - I feel a connection to the event which I haven't really understood properly, though I hope one day to have the answer being sought. Great work!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

They're both evidently vying for the same market, the type of people that don't check sources.

If you produce something that the emotional slaves cannot feel a part of they won't pay to experience it.
TTSA sounds like a Scientology project, if so they are a for profit organization with only very limited charitable community outreach. Scientology owns the WW2 military patents of L Ron Hubbard so that information could certainly be in play.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

I have to agree..its going to be one those things that some will love and some will dislike.
In contrast to some beliefs in some corners, I do know what Sci-Fi is....

It will be interesting to see what they do in terms of what is actually known and can be counted as being true and how that comes across on screen and which parts they fictionalize / add to the mix themselves.

It will also be interesting which of the individuals involved in RFI, will be most reflected in Fishbournes character....
edit on p16731182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

MM is better educated on the cold war implications than I am.

I mean, if you read "Rosetta" you can see how UFOs were used as cover
for the 'ghost rockets' .

If you read, NIck Redfern's book on Roswell, you can see that UFOs
were used as cover for the Fugo-2 human experimentation.

Originally, it appears that thee USA wanted to convince Russia
that we had UFO technolgoy.. (for deterrence) and to get
them to waste time chasing after UFOs which weren't there..

and also as a way to cover black projects.. and of course as
a way to leave around "UFO bait" to see who is a traitor.

Those are all the OLDER reasons they do this stuff.

t think that it has become a habit.. even though cold
war dynamics have now changed.

I'm less certain about current motives.

Do you have any ideas?

So that's what the people who's books you've read think, but I was asking for more of a considered opinion, as in when you put all that information together as a panoramic view of the over all landscape, what is picture you see telling you? If the intention of US government agencies was to obfuscate the technological developments that they had made from the Soviets why were they making up stuff about weapons that didn't exist and getting that information published in industry magazines? The belief in UFOs while not exclusively a US phenomena, is at it's highest concentration there, if the "enemy" was the target of these misinformations, why is it that their own people seem to have fallen so heavily victim to the deception? Do you think it was important to these cover-ups that the people spread rumours that the US was working with aliens? Do you think that the Soviets have shown any sign that they took any such a possibility even remotely seriously?

It seems obvious to me, that the vast majority of those who were intended to be deceived were the US public by their own security and intelligence services, that this side of things is largely a US domestic issue, however, there has been at the same time the aviation related phenomenon which has been a matter of on-going discussions amongst groups of need-to-knows in civil, commercial and military aviation organisations across borders since the first modern recorded incidents.

Two clear factions there then, until at least the CIA got it's spy-planes and satellites,joining in those discussions, then there is the cross-over, and the CIA is less inclined to encourage people to be looking for strange craft in the skies but the lie is too big, too successful and no-one trusts them anyway. If the Soviets were disinterested in the CIA games against their own people before, their ears must have pricked up and seen the possibilities and found a ground ripe with people who distrust their own government and believe in little grey men in space ships once they had cottoned on the tricks the CIA had been playing.

I was looking at some documents related to a 1977 disclosure of three boxes of files that had been found by the Department of Defense and relating to projects, including MK Ultra, between 1947 and 1973. The discovery of these files led to an investigation and search of all accessible military records for futher information of these projects. What the investigation found was that the DoD had largely been a conduit for funding of CIA research but in 8 of the programs they had also participated. Of those, there were 3 that the US Army had participated in between 1969 and 1973, and 5 which the Navy had taken part in between 1947 and 1973. What I found interesting, in reflection with Rendlesham, is that the investigation was unable to find any involvement with CIA directed projects and the Air Force.

Do you think that that is because the USAF did not experiment on their personnel? Or that it is just, as with Burroughs' own military files, that they don't share information with other goverment agencies? Or they got lost? The 1977 investigation certainly claims to have checked all the Air Force files, at multiple locations. The investigation wasn't looking at whether the Air Force had conducted human experiments it was just looking for experiments that had been conducted under the MK heading, it is therefore most probable that the Air Force and the CIA do not or did not work together, for one reason or another...in my opinion. And that shed, in my opinion, an interesting light on Rendlesham.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join