It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Jokey comments (of course!) and a little thread drift is fine. But let's try to exercise some self discipline here and not forget what this thread is about.

Is that fair comment?

Indeed, and with the new season here, you and the girls must be simply itching to get down to the important business of the Rendlesham fashion review.

No worries, apologies for the seemingly irrelevant drift.

edit on 13-10-2018 by KilgoreTrout because: missing to

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

what i want to know is what methods did OSI or whoever use to mess with some of the witnesses minds during their debriefing.

if a man truly vanished before the others where did he go? and why him and not a commanding officer of the group?

from my reading of the event there seemed to be a very directed focus on the men/woman who were there and had no benefit to them. i wish the story didn't get so gummed up with stories.

the human side of this event is very interesting

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm reading Nick Redfern's "Control: MKUltra, Chemtrails and the Conspiracy to Suppress the Masses"
it's not his best work. The man alternates between really good and "has to pay the rent".

I mention this book, because it's published in 2017 and he has a chapter on RFI.

He's going with the 'it was a test on the soldiers' thing..

which I'm not necessarily disagreeing with completely, but here's the two points
I bring up about that:

1) do they really have to test on nuclear-armed facilities? That just seems
CRAZY.

2) Holt, etc, certainly didn't seem to 'get the memo' about the test.. maybe
it's just me.. but he seemed plenty confused himself. Of course it's possible
that NO BASE PERSONNEL were in the loop.. but that doesn't sound like
the military I know. Could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Of course it's possible 
that NO BASE PERSONNEL were in the loop.. 

And you could be right Kev too.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

if a man truly vanished before the others where did he go? and why him and not a commanding officer of the group?

Because Halt, having returned from the field after so many hours, believed Burroughs could... what? Communicate with the light? That an off-duty Burroughs felt drawn to the forest again after 48 hours is quite fascinating in itself, and arguably adds to the 'depth' of his experience on the first night - rather than three men simply chasing a lighthouse beam. Maybe Penniston's off-the-record comments directly afterwards stimulated Burroughs' interest even further; indeed, Penniston's immediate thoughts of his encounter, irrespective of his official statement (and his own suspicions about it) are important to the case, independent of later notions concerning binary codes and time-travellers.

As MM has mentioned before, Halt had a duty of care towards Burroughs; off-duty or not, Halt granted him permission to approach the light (or rather a yellow/orange mist-type effect IIRC when the light reached ground-level after being a light above tree-level). Of course, if it was a 'mist', Bustinza (who is alone in witnessing it, or should I say "commenting" on it) could have been mistaken about JB's 'disappearance' if he became momentarily shrouded in it.

All this occurred after 4am, and while that was occurring, Sgt Ball remained enthralled by a blue light that was STILL sending beams down, suspecting a "grid search" by an intelligent force. That is BIG stuff, arguably the highlight of the evening/early morning, and potentially the 'big event' Halt has referred to in the past. This is yet another reason why there should be statements covering that night with so many personnel on UK territory. But we always seem to hit a brick wall when it comes to fundamentals like that. I assume UFO researchers have bust a gut trying to uncover such documents.

We're stuck in the mud, as much as Halt was when he accidentally stepped into a stream near the farmer's house!

edit on 13-10-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: clean-up

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My RFI care-o-meter has been in the red for years. It's up there with Roswell and hasn't interested me since all the BS about binary codes and the notorious notepad/wizard's hat. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed anyone mentioning Jerry Cohen's take on RFI and thought he might have a few ideas to kick start an idea or comment.

Cohen's a very nice guy who's been around the scene for a long time; he's got the commitment without the urge for fame. His site is hard to navigate and has a good few interesting resources and articles.
edit on 10.13.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
At this point it hardly matters. It's like Roswell. We have all the information we're going to get. All the witnesses have said their piece. All the "researchers" have written their books. Arguments and counter-arguments have been displayed. Everyone who has formed an interest has an opinion as to what really happened. Even if a brand new witness steps forward, his testimony will simply be incorporated into the existing tapestry with hardly a ripple amongst the information and disinformation that forms the body of knowledge we have. We may still suffer through some revisionism, but it is unlikely any revelations will be forthcoming. It's a case for the history books. If you consider yourself an aficionado of UFO lore, you should probably know a little something about this case, a little something about Roswell, a little something about all the rest, but in the greater scheme of things, it's simply a done deal.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
My RFI care-o-meter has been in the red for years. It's up there with Roswell and hasn't interested me since all the BS about binary codes and the notorious notepad/wizard's hat.

Heh, give me time, Kandinsky, I only started properly looking into it a few months ago.

I thought Roswell was utter bollocks before Marcel even had time to get his dodgy late-70s ducks in line (like The GUT, I can't get past Brazel finding a pile of broken sticks and tin foil on 14th June before Arnold's sighting). I think the RFI, however, trumps Roswell by a considerable margin, if only because it isn't a dead dodo dug up after 30 years by a bored, UFO-obsessed retired Major. Indeed, it has been an ongoing live case for nearly 40 years.

But yes, it's also horrifically frustrating.

Thanks for the Jerry Cohen link - just the tonic for a weekend read.

edit on 13-10-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

More to keep you busy
)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

(like The GUT, I can't get past Brazel finding a pile of broken sticks and tin foil on 14th June before Arnold's sighting). I think the RFI, however, trumps Roswell by a considerable margin,

There are well-documented, very reasonable reasons for those piles of broken
sticks and aluminium plated plastic, that had been crashing for MONTHS
before the disinformation about those Japanese FUGO Mark 2 balloons started
flowing out, to cover the government's human experimentation).

(At least I find: "The Roswell UFO Conspiracy: Exposing A Shocking And Sinister Secret"
extremely compelling and hard to dispute).

There was nothing 'alien' or 'ufo' about 'Roswell'.. the same is probably true about
RFI; however there aren't records available from RFI that can be trusted.

But since you did bring up Roswell, there certainly is a good possibility that
RFI was about human experimentation too --- or just an accident. I am on
the fence myself.
edit on 13-10-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

For some reason that link to Jerry Cohen's comments on Rendlesham seems dead at the moment.

It was only briefly touched upon back on Jan 25th 2014 but didn't really stir a soul.

So just in case anyone was actually interested in reading it through then it has been archived here : tinyurl.com...

It is a lengthy critique of what has become known as the"Lighthouse Theory" and also the surrounding rare celestial events that Mr. Ridpath believes occurred to confuse the airmen. It's a long time since I read it myself and I don't have the inclination at present. So if someone else has the time and energy to go through it please do.

edit on 13/10/2018 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
I'm reading Nick Redfern's "Control: MKUltra, Chemtrails and the Conspiracy to Suppress the Masses"
it's not his best work. The man alternates between really good and "has to pay the rent".

I mention this book, because it's published in 2017 and he has a chapter on RFI.

He's going with the 'it was a test on the soldiers' thing..

which I'm not necessarily disagreeing with completely, but here's the two points
I bring up about that:

1) do they really have to test on nuclear-armed facilities? That just seems
CRAZY.

2) Holt, etc, certainly didn't seem to 'get the memo' about the test.. maybe
it's just me.. but he seemed plenty confused himself. Of course it's possible
that NO BASE PERSONNEL were in the loop.. but that doesn't sound like
the military I know. Could be wrong.

Of course it seems highly strange that you would conduct such a test on UK sovereign territory at Christmas. So I share the same concerns that this would seem crazy. Especially with the international tensions at the time.

However you might have never seen, ignored or forgotten this Kev. Even though Pigsy brought it up here.

I suspect that just providing a link is not really a good way of illustrating the point either. So I'll expand a little more.

There is a document called the “The Role of Behavioral Science in the Physical Security Proceedings of the 5th Annual Symposium June 11-12, 1980”. The time frame fits like a glove. It carefully details certain plans to test the experience of human security personnel Download the file here

One of the concerns it looks at is the role of the human security elements at nuclear weapons facilities. A role that was seen as dull, boring and extremely difficult to measure the effectiveness of in ‘real life’.

The effects of ionised air on personnel and the impact on cognitive abilities is also discussed in much detail. That should get your Spidey senses tingling Kev.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Kev - check your In-Box.

When is ATS going to sort out the Message Notification system? Grrr.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm currently reading Cohen's site with a few beers. An enticing read indeed, so far.

A very good writer, if a bit verbose at times - has he been taking lessons from Grant Cameron?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes and Alexander and Pope came out like rockets.

www.therendleshamforestincident.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Pope makes a cogent point...

More generally, where the whole theory falls down is on the idea that you'd
concoct a UFO encounter as a cover story. There would have been no need.
You'd simply tell those personnel concerned that they’d been involved in an
exercise, that the details were classified and that they weren't to talk
about it. Most, if not all, would have complied.

Using UFOs as a cover does seem nuts - in the sense of diverting attention AWAY from an occurrence, what they'd end up with is, ironically, a penetrating thread like this.

And the last thing they'd want is penetration.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the careful clarification.

Yes.. I've read this and other related material.

Also in Forbidden Science volume 3 talks about
how fake helicopters made to look more like UFOs
had been used to test US nuclear sites, or so
his contact told him.

Not to mention that JV sat on my couch and
explained how it was a test.

It still sounds nuts to me..

and doing it on British soil sounds doubly nuts
to me.

I'm willing to accept that the specific RFI incident over 3-4
days could have been a test, most certainly.. but also
a simple accident as well.

Kev

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'd say that spreading the ETH delusion as part of an ongoing psyop
since July of 1947 has never ceased, and in fact has intensified.

Nick Redfern has voiced this same opinion in all of his books
that I've read recently.. his more modern ones written since
maybe 2013.

You can see his opinion morphing on the role of MiC deception
since about then.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Nice "Carry on Catholic" joke.

Non-Lethal Weapon Two

The Popester has a valid point and why complicate things by involving the US and UK at Christmas? Yet he is saying exactly what you would expect him to say in such a situation. You also should check out his connections. Once you get surrounded by little helpers from the US intelligence community you are then carefully stage managed to follow their agenda whilst being led to believe you are being given insider info. As we well know Nick likes to take the money for any old sound bite. So he's probably easily manipulated.

Just like Nick's friend above, his father Geoffrey, was also heavily involved with weapons research at exactly the time the RFI incident happened.

In 1958, he concluded his MSc in the same department and then joined the Royal Aircraft Establishment, working on structural numerical modelling.

By the early 1970s, he became the head of the aerodynamics department and then took over all research on structures, aerodynamics, and new materials such as carbon composites in 1978. Shortly afterwards, he became responsible for weapons research.

In 1981 he moved to the MoD HQ, where he was assistant chief scientific adviser and then deputy controller and adviser in research and technology.....

Source : www.imperial.ac.uk...#

Did his father know a few things that were going on in the area and couldn't say a word to Nick?

Maybe the Behavioural Science Paper has no direct link to Rendlesham. But what if there was a test/experiment that went wrong in some way? Then maybe the UFO story is a better cover than the truth getting out. It's not like there isn't a history of human experimentation using our military and innocent civilians as guinea pigs. It's probably the stuff we don't know about that's even worse.

I'm willing to accept that the specific RFI incident over 3-4 days could have been a test, most certainly.. but also a simple accident as well.

I would lean towards a test but then something went horrifically wrong. Perhaps enough to cause a 'diplomatic' incident. That could go anywhere. Perhaps the potential start to WWIII or a fracturing in the NATO alliance. So a UFO story was concocted. One that could never be resolved by making the story seem ridiculous and confusing. Serious journalism wouldn't touch it. Tabloids would look for sensationalism. A Rendle Sham!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well.

When i was in the military for 8 years, the one time of the year
when people were most likely to be on vacation, if they
could get the time off, was during Christmas.

So, IF a test was going to be run against base personnel,
this would be the worst time (you want to maximize who
is there, not minimize).

I guess this is why i go with accident more than test.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join