It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I see it says you are a catfish MM. Them avatars are wild of yours by the way!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Only as wild as a catty, wet fish allows me to be.

I see you are a bit of an animal yourself. Although far too sheepish.

edit on 2/9/2019 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Finally: SSgt. Monroe Nevels today gave us some information that a lot of us have been waiting to hear from him.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScienceGeek
Finally: SSgt. Monroe Nevels today gave us some information that a lot of us have been waiting to hear from him.

If I see Nevels cavorting naked in a bath tub when I click that link, I may have to sue!

Seriously though, Nevels has always fascinated me ever since his bizarre story of Lt Englund popping round to his home on 27th Dec 1980 (during the early evening of Night Three) to secretly inform him that an airman had been abducted by a UFO on Night One. Englund then drove Nevels to the forest to observe the arrival of new lights before Englund later informed Col Halt and the two men joined Chuck's trek.

Putting aside the radiation details, that Nevels says the landing site investigated by Halt was not the same as Night One's does not surprise me - after all, why take radiation readings from a two-day-old site? That never made sense to me from the start, especially when TWO teams of men (not forgetting Battram's sighting the same evening) had been spooked by a new set of lights. If they had been in the exact SAME location as Penniston's, it could have led to some interesting solutions to the mystery, but a separate site understandably fortifies the intrigue. If Nevels is not mistaken, of course.

This part was an eye-opener:

MN reveals an extremely important insight about Halt, stating, that “He [Halt] makes up stories. He copies others’ observations as his own…”

It's depressing to see this petty in-fighting after 40 years, but it's also ironic that Nevels is accusing Halt of the exact same misdemeanours that Halt accuses Larry Warren of. This really does sound like a pantomime at times.

As I've said before, the three witnesses we need to come forward are: Bruce Englund, Bonnie Tamplin and Adrian Bustinza - the first two have remained quiet, and although Bustinza has given four interviews (Fawcett, Boeche, Bruni and the podcast in 2015), this unassuming, rather shy little bugger fascinates me - especially since his original account is arguably even MORE controversial than Warren's, and yet he seems to have avoided the same flak Warren received for decades. The question is: Why?

I'll re-post this pic... Awww, look at Adrian on the left here... dontchawanna hug 'im...? Lazza, meanwhile, seems to be flexing for da laydeez.

edit on 2-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScienceGeek

I see buy the book buy the book. Interesting timing.

Will there be more drama. I put money on that.

Have fun with this one.

edit on 3-9-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

If I see Nevels cavorting naked in a bath tub when I click that link, I may have to sue! 

Seriously, I would not go there. Quite the industry going on there in that realm.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One of the most interesting things about Rendlesham and Roswell is that both bases had something to do with Nuclear weapons. Roswell being the first US base to have them and Rendlesham the only base in Europe to have had American nukes at that time. Of course, on its face, that's only an interesting synchronicity and has no value I see beyond that. But you never know.

IMO, I consider Rendlesham to be a more important UFO event than Roswell. In fact, I think it’s more Roswell than Roswell. Of course, personally I think Roswell was a Mogul weather balloon. But at least something weird happened there. Whether the weirdness was an alien spacecraft is another question. I have no opinion on that one way or the other since there’s no evidence it was a UFO.

What I never understood is how one guy can see a physical vehicle and the other merely lights and they were supposedly at the same location! I always seemed to think Burroughs had to be in some kind of trance if this story is true. And Jim Penniston was the chosen one. Since he received that “ download”.

Obviously, he had to be under some kind of psychic control to remember accurately those ones and zeroes. Or he just got a guy who knows boolean algebra and concocted this.

Its pretty Ancient Alien-like that the locations were all pyramids, and AA type holy places...Stonehenge like and Hy Brasil?...oh my goodness!

Important questions in this event are when the main characters embellished their stories.

Since I doubt there’s a chain of evidence from the initial interview of these witnesses and the eventual full story.

In that regard, Rendlesham is similar to the Roswell story in that embellishments are constantly appearing. So Rendlesham like Roswell is like a quantum episode. In other words, you get drips and drabs of supposed events relating to it over time.

None of these well-known UFO stories have any kind of consistent clarity and in-fact it seems Rendlesham is trying to catch up to Roswell in confusion and inconsistencies, or just very questionable and unproven tales.

If these are the most important UFO events in its history the phenomenon whatever it is has not a thing to worry about in terms of exposure.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yeh I think Nevels lost the plot a long time ago. Remember a few years ago when he claimed that laser beams from UFOs burned a hole in one of the nuclear weapons bunkers?

Had it have been Soviet Spetznatz troops parachuting into Suffolk then a full scale alert would have been issued. A year earlier the Russians had invaded Afghanistan. Events in Poland were also making the Soviet bloc very jittery. Don't forget the Iranians were still holding US diplomatic staff hostage in Iran too.

In this case though obviously USAF policy was to do nothing at all because it was a UFO!!! Which is a ridiculous policy. Not only that British defensive installations would have detected something.

I don't think that story is true. Breaching a nuclear bunker is serious, serious stuff. No one else has even mentioned it. So I'd take everything with a pinch of salt he says about his geiger counter 40 years later.

It seems to me that someone wants these people to sex up their stories for entertainment purposes. Literally in some aspects.

edit on 3/9/2019 by mirageman because: added video

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Roswell being the first US base to have them and Rendlesham the only base in Europe to have had American nukes at that time.

#Cough'

To give a pantomime answer "Oh no it wasn't!". US tactical nukes were stationed in [then] West Germany, Italy, France, Turkey, the Netherlands, Greece, and Belgium.

But UFOs do tend to interfere with American nuclear weapons a lot more often than anyone else's according to lore.

What I never understood is how one guy can see a physical vehicle and the other merely lights and they were supposedly at the same location! I always seemed to think Burroughs had to be in some kind of trance if this story is true. And Jim Penniston was the chosen one. Since he received that “ download”.

There was a third guy Ed Cabansag who's story is very similar to Burroughs. He actually did see something strange he couldn't explain.

However over the years Penniston has relegated him to being back at the jeep as a radio relay. You'll even hear the narrator say he was sent back to the base and left Penniston and Burroughs. But notably you don't hear Cabansag say that.

Why people believe a human being could touch something and then remember a massive sequence of 1s and zeroes (no witnesses by the way!) is beyond me. A sequence that magically contains Google Earth co-ordinates (that were only used during 2008-2009).

Obviously his co-author does believe it. Or maybe just wants to piggy back his own belief system onto a famous UFO case to make his name as a writer? I really can't decide on that one?

But he has spent the last decade smoothing out the story about Penniston and is VERY sensitive to criticism. He keeps making little mistakes though. But far be it from me to point those out and help him keep papering over them.

The soap opera will continue though and is now nothing more than a piece of entertainment.

edit on 3/9/2019 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I don't think that story is true. Breaching a nuclear bunker is serious, serious stuff. No one else has even mentioned it. So I'd take everything with a pinch of salt he says about his geiger counter 40 years later.

So serious that Halt huffed and decided to turn back to base at 0330 after RAF Watton confirmed no radar readings at 0325. It seems being wet and tired was of more concern to Halt than the breaching of a nuclear bunker.

Nevels' revelation occurred thirty years later in 2010, courtesy of Linda Moulton Howe (sound the alarm), which is maybe why nobody swallowed these new claims with any degree of enthusiasm. I think Nevels is compromised, so his claim about Englund's 'abduction' revelation re Night One also needs to be taken with a sackful of salt.

His other claim was that the lights he saw in the field with Halt's team EXACTLY resembled Burroughs' drawing of Night One's incident - even though Nevels' description doesn't tally with Halt's account of a red orb moving into the field and splitting into three before disappearing (related in the memo but not the tape).

If Englund and Tamplin ever come in from the cold, I hope to high heaven that they avoid certain UFO researchers and find other more sober avenues through which they can release their accounts.

It seems to me that someone wants these people to sex up their stories for entertainment purposes. Literally in some aspects.

Quite.

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Rendlesham, But Were Afraid To Ask.

Unless asked from a bath tub.

edit on 3-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Your right, I tend to get that wrong. I did read in Popes book something about the nuclear weapons being somehow unique in Britain at that time. I forget in what sense. Maybe they were secret or something unique...Maybe they were either the first or last or something I recall him writing in his book.

edit on 3-9-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think what people got confused about, I would include myself for a long while too, is the frequent statement in documentaries and radio shows/podcasts that the storage of nuclear weapons at Bentwaters/Woodbridge was in direct violation of some treaty or other.....

But when you look for what treaties were in place there was no such thing. There was and still is an NCND (Neither Confirm Nor Deny) policy in place about the whereabouts of where nuclear weapons are located within the NATO alliance.

However it's all of no importance now in regards to the 1980s. UK Government Defence Minister (July 1995 - May 1997) Michael Portillo has confirmed nuclear weapons were present at the bases on BBC TV on a TV show that related to the 1980 Rendlesham incident directly.

Click here for video

Yep there were nukes there. Although they were almost certainly low yield 'battlefield nukes' .

Bentwaters housed squadrons of A10s. These were conventional 'tankbuster' aircraft that would be moved to forward bases in West Germany in the event of a Soviet attack against NATO in Europe. The tactical or 'battlefield nukes' would be held in reserve for squadrons of F-111 fighter/bombers that would fly in from the US in the event hostilities. If we had ever had to use those weapons then we'd have been in serious trouble.

I seriously doubt aliens or time travellers had anything to do with any of the above.

edit on 3/9/2019 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Very true.

I very recently read Popes book and though may be mistaken, I do recall reading what you mentioned and something about what I alluded to. I actually returned the book to the library this very day. I wish I had it to find what he said. I have to admit, It was one of those books where I didn't read it too closely. Didn't think it was too good a book.

Your right the US government doesn't comment on that.

Rendlesham seems to be like Roswell originally a pretty simple story that was blown up over the years for a variety of possible reasons.

I look at it this way. Even if he saw that craft it doesn’t mean it was an alien craft.

And it’s just his word.

And Halt, his experience is to me is also not too exotic. Strange Lights in the sky

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yeh I think Nevels lost the plot a long time ago

He likes to repeat the same word's over and over again re the 'truth". Like he has to remember his lines.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Error
edit on 4-9-2019 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

they were gravity b-83's or b-61's most likely or some version of a dial a yield bomb, MAYBE pershing nuke warheads but i doubt that as they need to be near the launchers.
edit on 4-9-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Why people believe a human being could touch something and then remember a massive sequence of 1s and zeroes (no witnesses by the way!) is beyond me. 

Some do.

And so far some "appear" to be loving it.

I do expect tours and boat rides/ holidays in the near future.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Why people believe a human being could touch something and then remember a massive sequence of 1s and zeroes (no witnesses by the way!) is beyond me. A sequence that magically contains Google Earth co-ordinates (that were only used during 2008-2009).

I think the Billy Meier narcissist effect is prevalent in this field.
He set the standard of attention seeking through crazy lying. His props of tin foiled laser gun photos, Screen shots of game show models masquerading as Nordic aliens and children's books dinosaurs as proof of time travel photos were easily dismissed.

Moving on the next gen "chosen ones' produced slight less ridiculous props but attention seeking from being "gifted" special ET attention is the pay off these minds are seeking.
Larry Warren attention seeking lying I wont even get in to as we are talking the binary stuff.
These chosen one fantasies just feeds someone desiring attention. I don't think JP is a bad person, I think he either made up some nonsense, or even someone else put the numbers in his book, I don't know, but the numbers went in from 08 onwards that others around him over the years have jumped on and manipulated for their own reasons.

Like Billy ;
We still have a "chosen one"
We still have "props" through binary, already proved to be lifted from the web
We still have time traveling.

The people around him from 08 onwards have fed this fantasy for their own purposes. He may have also instigated this himself, I don't know. But it's all just BS.

They are all just bull# artists. People believe it as they aren't discerning. Or they want to believe there are special people chosen by beings from the future can get a message because hell if JP was chosen, maybe they will be chosen too one day. Gimme a break.

It's hard to believe yes, but needy people get manipulated by bad people. And that happens everywhere every day. Maybe JP is manipulated, or maybe he is doing it. I don't know, but it is all just BS.

edit on 4-9-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Larry Warren attention seeking lying I wont even get in to as we are talking the binary stuff. 

Larry never got binary. He was not so lucky.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Good points re the Meier effect.

As I said earlier, in regard to a bunch of lights, we haven't yet decided on WHAT they were, so why people are already pursuing the WHY (eg binary coordinates, special DNA, and time travelers) is beyond me. It's often said that both Penniston and Burroughs talked about time-travelers as culprits while under hypnosis. However, it's equally often forgotten that Burroughs was first to undergo regression in 1988, six years before Jimbo's first mention of binary in his 1994 session - and John of course never mentioned time travel once in '88.

John even criticised Jim on this very forum in the mid-00s for such wild embellishments, but enter Moulton Howe in the late 00s offering a further hypnosis for John and... POW, Jim and John's regression stories coalesce and they're both waving the time-travel flag (Linda no doubt wooing John with Woo)... until relations between them soured again by the time Pope's co-written 2014 book emerged.

Going back to the very start is always the best route to answers rather than admiring new decorations added 30 to 40 years later.

At least, unlike Meier, Rendlesham hasn't thrown us cute alien blondes wielding ray-guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join