It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were the police never called on Kavanaugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Still doesn't matter, the next SC justice will be appointed by Trump. D's may get a simple majority in the Senate but getting 60 votes.... Not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
And perhaps an even better question to ask. Why has a police report not been filed to date ? The FBI does not have jurisdiction over a rape crime, that belongs to the state of Maryland if that is where the events took place. Of course we don't even know that very basic fact because the accuser doesn't know

if you had 2 guys hold you down on a bed, fondle your genitals, ripped at your clothes, would you call the police back when when your were in high school or college?......would you tell your parents?.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Still doesn't matter, the next SC justice will be appointed by Trump. D's may get a simple majority in the Senate but getting 60 votes.... Not going to happen.

Doesn't matter. They never have to move him or her out of committee to receive a vote from the floor.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

And perhaps an even better question to ask. Why has a police report not been filed to date ? The FBI does not have jurisdiction over a rape crime, that belongs to the state of Maryland if that is where the events took place. Of course we don't even know that very basic fact because the accuser doesn't know

if you had 2 guys hold you down on a bed, fondle your genitals, ripped at your clothes, would you call the police back when when your were in high school or college?......would you tell your parents?.....

I don't know. Would you?

Since I'm betting it never happened to you, you don't know anymore than any of the rest of us it's never happened to know ... not until it happens.

As it so happens, when I was in college and man broke into our dorm room and assaulted my roommate while we were in the room? Yeah, we called the police. We told her parents.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know. Would you?

Since I'm betting it never happened to you, you don't know anymore than any of the rest of us it's never happened to know ... not until it happens.

As it so happens, when I was in college and man broke into our dorm room and assaulted my roommate while we were in the room? Yeah, we called the police. We told her parents.

Guess he didn't know were a female?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sigh....Just admit you can't answer.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I haven’t expressed an opinion either way on the Kavanaugh situation. I’m just trying to get some consistency from those on the right.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well, you see, that is not what happened according to Dr Ford. It's why this is so wrong. Her claim is that Kavanaugh was the alleged attacker. She specifically and carefully never said that the other boy did anything other than jump on the bed, actually disrupting the incident. He has provided a sworn statement denying the whole alleged incident. Dr. Ford has to date not done so.

As for me calling police, don't know and don't really care about what was done then. It is the here and now, and to date, no police report has been filed, no complaint made which would result In an investigation which Dr. Ford claims to want. That is the question, I do not discount her story, contrary, I am ready to listen but every witness she has provided thus far denies her story. That's pretty telling.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I don't know. Would you?

Actually, he'd broken into our scholarship house and broken into several rooms stealing stuff. When he got to our room, I vaguely recall waking a bit when the door opened, but I rolled over thinking one of my roommates was taking care of a bathroom trip or something.

The next thing I knew I heard my roommate over in her bed whimpering, and that's what really woke me up. She sounded like she was freaking out and I thought she was having a bad dream, so I was going to go see if she was all right. By the time I got over and was starting to sit up. She let out a shriek and I recall seeing the back of the attacker take of through the door which was slammed. He was average height in a tee and baggy pants and wearing a light-colored ball cap.

Yeah, I still recall that all these years later.

Seems she hadn't just rolled over and gone back to sleep. She had sat up and he'd grabbed scissors off the desk and help her up with them and touched her.
edit on 26-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Mark Gauvreau Judge

en.wikipedia.org...(writer)

Mark Gauvreau Judge (born 1964) is an American author and journalist. His books include several memoirs about his suburban Washington, D.C. childhood and his struggle to overcome alcoholism, including Wasted: Tales of a GenX Drunk and God and Man at Georgetown Prep.[4][5]

and in answer to a question about strict Catholic schooling.

Judge published God and Man at Georgetown Prep in 2005.[5][36] Judge wrote that the faculty at Georgetown Prep contained a multitude of homosexual priests.[36] The memoir detailed how he published the school's underground newspaper which had information on wild parties.[5] Judge's book had an impact on the educational institution itself, with biographer Jerry Oppenheimer writing in his 2015 book RFK Jr.: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and the Dark Side of the Dream: "It caused quite a storm, especially among the alumni and administration going back decades, because Judge, a conservative Catholic, had alleged that 'alcoholism was rampant' among the 'left-wing Jesuits' and claimed that the school had been a hotbed of 'rampant homosexuality.' Half of the faculty, he asserted, 'was gay.'"[37] Publishers Weekly called the book "a humorous, edgy look at his experiences in three prestigious U.S. Catholic schools."[38] National Catholic Register found Judge's writing to be too vague, commenting, "There are too many theories and too little space."[39]

Makes you wonder, how many boys were molested in those schools?
edit on 26-9-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I have a really good friend from work who told me about her experience getting raped at a college party. She had too much to drink, and couldn’t fight off the guy. She was too embarrassed to call the cops and petrified at what her parents would say if she told them. She told no one, until she was an adult and told her husband - and some of her closest adult girlfriends.

Everyone is different as to how they respond to something like this.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I don't know. Would you?

Actually, he'd broken into our scholarship house and broken into several rooms stealing stuff. When he got to our room, I vaguely recall waking a bit when the door opened, but I rolled over thinking one of my roommates was taking care of a bathroom trip or something.

The next thing I knew I heard my roommate over in her bed whimpering, and that's what really woke me up. She sounded like she was freaking out and I thought she was having a bad dream, so I was going to go see if she was all right. By the time I got over and was starting to sit up. She let out a shriek and I recall seeing the back of the attacker take of through the door which was slammed. He was average height in a tee and baggy pants and wearing a light-colored ball cap.

Seems she hadn't just rolled over and gone back to sleep. She had sat up and he'd grabbed scissors off the desk and help her up with them and touched her.

I meant Jimmy! But your good! Sorry you had to go thru that BS.....

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Sigh....Just admit you can't answer.

No one knows the real answer - except the people involved. The rest is just speculation.

link   

you spent this entire thread "what about" pizza gate. Why not entertain the question related in the OP?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't know. Would you?

Eh, that wasn't my first rodeo. So it wasn't as hard to get over as the first time. My roommmate never really got through it though, and she turned into one of those women who mistrusts men except for the sainted few allowed into her personal circle.

It made my life difficult because I love guys and most of my best friends are guys.

She was even hostile to my own father.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Let's not over generalize as there are many on the right who do have issues with Trump and his past transgressions. I don't defend his behavior but really not my business.

If I bring up Clinton it's only because it happened while President, in the Oval Office and involved an adult but young One who was vulnerable to an individual who is known as the most powerful man in the world. I liked and still like Clinton, wish he didn't lie about it, but done and over with.

As for why the right thinks this is made up. All about the timing. They could have brought it up as far back as July but waited til the last second. It looks like an attempt to stall the process til after the mid terms.

I give Dr Ford every chance to make her case. So far she has refused any sworn statement. Four witnesses she named have all provided sworn statements that deny her allegations. Her memory is off, she remembers the 4 witnesses but no other details. I will still listen to her but right now the story is very thin.

She has had the opportunity to file a police report which will result in an investigation but to date she has not done so. This just makes me wonder why.

And the Lacrosse incident is why so many are reluctant to blindly accept 36 year old allegations short on date time place and 4 witnesses that deny the allegations. It's a shame because I have seen the statistics and how individuals are for whatever reason do not report. We know also how sometimes people make up stories. She needs to be heard and has that opportunity tomorrow. I hope she stops by the local police station and actually and formally files a complaint
edit on 9/26/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
You who want Kavanough "rammed through" without an FBI investigation, who are posting in thread after thread smearing all the accusers...look no further than yourselves as to why women don't come forward. You are why.

really
are we stopping her from visiting any maryland state leos and filing a simple report?
the fbi will be happy to help the state of maryland leos in the investigation.

why hasnt she filed a simple report?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
After reading a few comments on the book Judge wrote, yes, it seems there was some sexual abuse by priest going on.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I don't know. Would you?

Eh, that wasn't my first rodeo. So it wasn't as hard to get over as the first time. My roommmate never really got through it though, and she turned into one of those women who mistrusts men except for the sainted few allowed into her personal circle.

It made my life difficult because I love guys and most of my best friends are guys.

She was even hostile to my own father.

That actually sounds somewhat characteristic. Victims of trauma tend to display a quite noticeable change in their normal behavior. More so, when they do not share their experience and attempt to keep it secret.

My own daughter did not initially confess her being rape at the age of twelve by a man in his 60s! She became a handful and had become anorexic...even still she lied to psychiatrists until a year later...she burst forth with the truth when she was facing being taken to juve!

He went to prison and she received correct counseling. Very proud of my baby since we just celebrated her bachelors graduation in Psychology. She wants to help others like herself.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Why were the police never called on Kavanaugh?

Because nothing happened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join