It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Pressure Questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Well, Plumb dog...with out electricians your shatting in the dark.
You make my first post sound as if I was being mean or derogatory toward you....nope you missed it by a mile. My very best friend in the world is a Turd Herder....one of the best I have ever meet. My friend will tell you that you need to know 4 basic things to be a plumber......Hot's on the left...Colds on the right....Shat don't flow uphill.....And your paid on Fridays. and it's damn lucrative, that's why he has the bass boat & me not so much.
edit on 26-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

A professional plumber with the avatar name Starhooker……..Life is funnier than fiction. When I was in electrical construction we called the plumbers " Turds Herder's". I once knew a plumber and his tag line was ….." Your sh-t is my bread & butter". Actually had that on a business card.

Our plumber advertises that he is "The number one and two business on [our island]"

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Didn't miss it. Plumbers and electricians are like Democrats and Republicans on the job site. Minus the anger and hate. I enjoy the banter. Anyone can crap in the dark. But without water and toilets, would you want to see where you sh#t? And never eat the last bite is a rule I strictly follow. Anyways, it's all good, live long and prosper good sir.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I enjoy people who can have a little levity in their jobs.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We actually did for thousands of years.....Most off gridders in Alaska...have an outhouse . Hell people in mountains of N.C. Georgia, Virginia, S.C. still have outhouse's. I wouldn't do your job for any amount of money. I applaud what you do. I've had to work in some raw sewage plants and some of them turds rolling in look like they would be quite the rodeo bull to herd up.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I hit ten thousand stars talking about turds...go figure, time for coffee now.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

True. But that doesn't work in the cities. You can't have people pooping on the sidewalks. Oh wait, here in San Francisco, they do.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I had a similar problem recently. Lot's of issues with faucets, toilets, etc. Then I got a cheap little pressure gage and found out that I was getting 160psi into the house when it should be only ~60psi. The pressure regular at the street connection went bad.

Found a new one on Amazon and had it delivered next day (on a Sunday!) and replaced the regulator the next day after havng the county water dept. come out and shut off the flow while I did the replacement. No more issues inside the house now.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the thing that finally had me check the pressure was a constantly leaking pressure vale on the water heater. Replaced that first and it still kept leaking, it was just doing it's job.
edit on 26-9-2018 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would run the outside hose spigot and see if it has normal flow, if it does, your valves are probably clogged.

My last house had terrible water and slowed the shower valves and sink valves to a near drip and it required flushing the valves by removing them every 9 months, as well as de scaling the waterheater.

It needed a sediment filter and a descaler upstream bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Gentlemen - steady on. Ever hear of candles? Sure - you can go 8-12 hours without water or flushing. Try doing that with out electricity.

Freezer starts defrosting
no Air-con
No PC - have to start actually talking and looking at the missus for entertainment. LOL

Zombie apocalypse!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hot water or cold water?

if hot water it is about heating source maybe.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's quite the opposite actually. Clean water and proper disposal of waste is absolutely more important. We should start a tradesman mud pit forum.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

Well, Plumb dog...with out electricians your shatting in the dark.
You make my first post sound as if I was being mean or derogatory toward you....nope you missed it by a mile. My very best friend in the world is a Turd Herder....one of the best I have ever meet. My friend will tell you that you need to know 4 basic things to be a plumber......Hot's on the left...Colds on the right....Shat don't flow uphill.....And your paid on Fridays. and it's damn lucrative, that's why he has the bass boat & me not so much.

5 things
Don't bite your finger nails.....

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey op, get figured out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join