It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenatti releases name and account of accuser

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Half right.

The Red Herring part.

This is precisely the FBIs realm.

I find that report to be lacking, something tells me that
Trump as POTUS does not have the power to direct the FBI
in this matter. There must be another explanation,
edit on 26-9-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It's been too long for any criminal charges to get filed on any of those

There's allegations of rape, no it hasn't been too long for criminal charges on those. The police already said file a report and they will investigate. Whats the hold up on doing that?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm well aware that they don't care about my remaining in the party. That's been made abundantly clear to me over the past decade.

My own stubbornness has kept me around, but my honor won't allow me to stay and be associated with them--even if they're unsuccessful...hmm, I seem to have already walked away.

It has to do with ethics, I guess. A good man, by most accounts, is being tried and convicted by mob rule--I won't be a party to it.

Potter Stewart, a Supreme Court justice himself from 1958-1981, said it best, about ethics...

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do.

So, Democrats, you've, after a decade plus of trying, have finally driven a wedge between yourselves and me. Well done!!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: seeker1963

Same.

And the worst part is seeing people on both sides, whom I previously respected a great deal, demonstrate that respect was misplaced.

...but I guess it's like complaining water is wet. This is our time now.

Too be honest, I step out of line quite a bit just to be vindictive towards those who openly advocate undermining our rule of law and Constitution.

I guess out of 8 years of being called a racist for disagreeing with policies, resentment follows.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

polygraphs are regarded as mostly junk science too www.npr.org...

The federal government is throwing the book at one of the most vocal critics of the polygraph test. Doug Williams, a man who makes his living teaching people how to beat the test, will go on trial in January on charges of witness tampering and mail fraud. But Williams' defenders say he's being punished by a government that has become overly dependent on polygraphs. Williams, a former Oklahoma City police officer, has spent decades as a polygraph critic, going on shows such as CBS's 60 Minutes to slam the test as junk science and selling his techniques for "beating" the test on his website. He also offers one-on-one training, and that's how he got in trouble with the federal government. Undercover agents approached Williams, posing as clients, and asked him to help them with polygraph tests. They told him they needed to pass the test to obtain or keep a federal job, and they said he was willing to help them even after they told him they planned to lie on the test. The government calls that witness tampering.
and from Vox

www.vox.com...

"There's no unique physiological sign of deception. And there's no evidence whatsoever that the things the polygraph measures — heart rate, blood pressure, sweating, and breathing — are linked to whether you're telling the truth or not," says Leonard Saxe, a psychologist at Brandeis University who's conducted research into polygraphs. In an exhaustive report, the National Research Council concluded, "Almost a century of research in scientific psychology and physiology provides little basis for the expectation that a polygraph test could have extremely high accuracy." This isn't exactly breaking news: Saxe's 1983 report for Congress ended up leading to a nationwide ban on private employers giving polygraph tests to employees, and a 1998 Supreme Court decision ruled against the use of polygraphic evidence in some federal courts because "there is simply no consensus that polygraph evidence is reliable." And yet polygraphs are still routinely used by government agencies and law enforcement. This raises an obvious question: Why are they relying on pseudoscience to screen employees and solve cases?
so vox at least back in the day viewed it as a psudo science

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It just keeps coming...

EXCLUSIVE: Julie Swetnick Was Sued For Domestic Violence And Defamation According To Court Documents

bigleaguepolitics.com...

edit on 26-9-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Polygraphs mean diddly--they're not even admissible in court.

Agreed.

Still though, Blasey or her attorney claimed it was administered
by the FBI. So that was an obvious lie....why lie if truth is on her side?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The sheer volume of people rolling with guilty till innocence is proven beyond a reasonable doubt is utterly terrifying to me, if they can bring evidence forward and details that can be checked then yes he should not be a supreme court justice.

But without proof without concrete corroboration then he should be confirmed, because we do not want this to become the norm for either side. Innocent till proven guilty.

As for the maryland PD blurd I heard was the lack of a statue of limitations is fairly new since the alleged attack occured prior to he law change it falls under the old standard.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Polygraphs mean diddly--they're not even admissible in court.

Agreed.

Still though, Blasey or her attorney claimed it was administered
by the FBI. So that was an obvious lie....why lie if truth is on her side?

Christine Ford's polygraph was administered by a FORMER FBI agent.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

polygraphs are regarded as mostly junk science too

Yes, agreed.

Mainly the real issue here is that Blasey or her attorney
claimed the FBI was involved with the polygraph.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

So obviously, this is a huge red flag that her attorney would lie?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Christine Ford's polygraph was administered by a FORMER FBI agent.

Ah, ok I see I was mistaken, thank you for the correction.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

a reply to: soberbacchus

But no comment on the law enforcement jurisdiction that indisputably has jurisdiction?

You mean the FBI?

She currently holds 3 active security clearances.

These accusations would qualify for the FBI to follow up with her and investigate the veracity of the claims against a Presidential Nominee.

Bizare how desperate y'all are to NOT have the FBI investigate.
edit on 26-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
It just keeps coming...

EXCLUSIVE: Julie Swetnick Was Sued For Domestic Violence And Defamation According To Court Documents

bigleaguepolitics.com...

Have anything that is NOT a known Fake News site?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

But no comment on the law enforcement jurisdiction that indisputably has jurisdiction?

You mean the FBI?

She currently holds 3 active security clearances.

These accusations would qualify for the FBI to follow up with her and investigate the veracity of the claims against a Presidential Nominee.

Or she could just go on record filing a complaint with the Police Department In Montgomery County. But she won't do that will she? Wonder why? Not the first person to bring that to your attention either.....
edit on 26-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
It's not a deposition...its just a statement from her. Nothing legal or sworn about it. There is no notary or witness stamp or signature.

They are trying to make it look like a legal doc....

It is a legal document--it's a declaration. If you look at it and read it, it has the language:

I declare under penalty of perjury and the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct.

I don't know why you think that this is not a legal document, but having been a paralegal, I can promise you that this is a legally binding document.

This is a declaration and not an affidavit, but it's still legally binding, even if not sworn before a notary or other witness.

ETA: Legal Difference Between an Affidavit and a Declaration

It is legal in the sense that she swore it was true.

It would not hold up in a court or get an investigation started. It is simply her testimony. In order for this to go anywhere it will have to be sworn under oath and with a notary or court.

As a paralegal you should be fully aware if this

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
twitter.com... seems kavanaughs highschool friend denies the new allegations saying they never hung out with people that went to her school

Meghan McCaleb who was friends with Kavanaugh throughout high school tells me, “We never hung out with anyone from Gaithersburg High School," says latest allegations from Gaithersburg High grad Julie Swetnick, @MichaelAvenatti's client, are "false."

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

One other item of interest, if the statement is not notarized,
it is basically worthless.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

who doesnt want the fbi to investigate?
how about if she just files a simple police report first?
what the rush?

link   

You mean like not wanting the Montgomery County sherrif's office to investigate, where if warranted an actual prosecution might ensue?

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Kharron
Well, she says she is aware of what she's stating. Must understand the repercussions if she's lying. All this is picking up, and fast, like an avalanche.

It's been too long for any criminal charges to get filed on any of those, but I have a feeling Kavanaugh will be lucky to keep his previous federal job by the time this all ends.

I think Trump needs to stop appointing people that remind him of himself. I can see how narcissism would make those people seem like "the best people," if he sees himself in them.
The problem is low information voters such as yourself can't be reasoned with because you're already convinced he is guilty.

Kav is also aware of what he states.

I think you people need to lay off the liberal media and actually be critical for a moment.

I think it's awesome that you have a history of just providing opinions, often ignorant and hateful ones.

It makes it exceedingly easy for me to laugh your attempts off.

Keep it up, buttercup! You're doing so well.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join