It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenatti releases name and account of accuser

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.politico.com... seems merkley is trying to pass an injuction to stop the vote friday ,he also did a nice long speech to try to stop goursh before his eventual confirmation

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) on Wednesday announced that he's seeking an injunction in federal court designed to stop a final vote on Brett Kavanaugh, asserting an obstruction of his constitutional duty to advise and consent on nominees. Merkley's filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia comes as Senate Republicans vow to push ahead with a vote on President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee in the coming days — and hours before a landmark hearing slated with Christine Blasey Ford, who has alleged a decades-old sexual assault by Kavanaugh. Merkley's bid for an injunction hinges on the Senate's constitutional duty to provide advice and consent on nominees and charges that he's been prevented from fulfilling that due to the withholding of records on Kavanaugh's past service in the George W. Bush administration. “The events of the past ten days have only underscored how critical it is that the Senate conduct a careful and comprehensive review of a nominee before giving its consent,” Merkley told POLITICO in a statement. “The unprecedented obstruction of the Senate’s advice and consent obligation is an assault on the separation of powers and a violation of the Constitution. The President and Mitch McConnell want to ram through this nomination come hell or high water, without real advice or informed consent by the Senate, but that’s just not how our Constitution works.” Ford's allegation is not directly cited in Merkley's filing, which is unlikely to succeed in stopping the vote.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have to admit, your explanations do make a lot of sense. As a federal judge, Kavanaugh surely knows the law, quite probably better than Avernatti. However, I think an easy way to establish this would be for the Senate to demand that Swetnick swear out an oath with the FBI. If she refuses, then she gets swept to the side. If she agrees, then and only then could I see another delay in the confirmation.

In other words, she needs to put up or shut up.

TheRedneck

Totally agree...they should request them if they want to go any further.

Aren't the Republicans, a good majority of them lawyers? They why aren't we hearing this "what you are saying Vasa" from them??? I mean I don't just blindly believe what you told me but researched it and you are right! So why are the Republicans not nipping this in the bud? Force them to file charges in MD or the nomination goes thru!

If you could give your opponent lots of room to hang themselves with for a while and then finally have it come out just before elections....wouldn't you?

I hope you're right! Because for years I haven't trusted either party. I am an alien in my own country as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The attorneys know this is the process yet still haven't done it. They could literally give a sworn statement anywhere with a notary....they havent.

Typically lawyers will have one of their employees certified as a notary public for this very reason. Saves a lot of time and money.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, she says she is aware of what she's stating. Must understand the repercussions if she's lying. All this is picking up, and fast, like an avalanche.

It's been too long for any criminal charges to get filed on any of those, but I have a feeling Kavanaugh will be lucky to keep his previous federal job by the time this all ends.

I think Trump needs to stop appointing people that remind him of himself. I can see how narcissism would make those people seem like "the best people," if he sees himself in them.

link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Yeah, her husband and three close friends, in othet words, more BS.

link   
thehill.com... apparently fords lawyers released the polygraph for what its worth

link   

A sworn statement to an attorney doesn't seem like it
would carry the same penalty as lying to congress under oath,
I could be wrong though.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: loam

They say they will investigate.

They call for the FBI to do it because they know
that is not the FBI's realm....its a red herring.

Half right.

The Red Herring part.

This is precisely the FBIs realm.

I will take a former Assistant Director of the FBI's word for it.

as former FBI assistant director Ron Hosko told NPR.

"If the White House were to ask the FBI to reopen its file and go conduct the investigation, the FBI could do that," he said. "I think they could do it swiftly, effectively and report back within days."

That is what happened in 1991 when an attorney named Anita Hill brought allegations about sexual harassment against her former colleague Clarence Thomas, who was under consideration for a seat on the Supreme Court.

www.npr.org...

Also here:

The legal view

Stephen Vladeck, law professor at the University of Texas, said Trump’s assertion that the FBI doesn’t look into things of this nature "is wrong."

"The FBI is responsible for background checks of nominees, and routinely updates those checks as new, potentially relevant information comes to light," Vladeck said.

Stephen Wermiel at the Washington College of Law at American University echoed that point.

"The Judiciary Committee could say to the White House, the background check is now incomplete and could they please resume their work,"

Wermiel told us. "There is no criminal investigation. This is part of the character and fitness questions they explore."

Donald Trump wrong on FBI limits in Kavanaugh Supreme Court hearings
www.politifact.com...
edit on 26-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Same.

And the worst part is seeing people on both sides, whom I previously respected a great deal, demonstrate that respect was misplaced.

...but I guess it's like complaining water is wet. This is our time now.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Geez.
The Democrats are really playing hard ball.
The desperation had made them lose their minds.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Well, she says she is aware of what she's stating. Must understand the repercussions if she's lying. All this is picking up, and fast, like an avalanche.

It's been too long for any criminal charges to get filed on any of those, but I have a feeling Kavanaugh will be lucky to keep his previous federal job by the time this all ends.

I think Trump needs to stop appointing people that remind him of himself. I can see how narcissism would make those people seem like "the best people," if he sees himself in them.
The problem is low information voters such as yourself can't be reasoned with because you're already convinced he is guilty.

Kav is also aware of what he states.

I think you people need to lay off the liberal media and actually be critical for a moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

whats so hard about contacting the Montgomery county police?
the fbi will help them

link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
thehill.com... apparently fords lawyers released the polygraph for what its worth
but they won't release the therapist notes or any other information.

If they wanted to be heard, they'd unleash it all to be heard.

link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

And first thing I notice is the polygraph was done by a private firm,
and not the FBI, in fact I do not see the FBI involved?

Would that be yet another discrepancy aka lie?

Also, Blasey's own notes say there were 4 boys.
Another contradiction and lies that the mistake came from a counselor.

link   

It's not a deposition...its just a statement from her. Nothing legal or sworn about it. There is no notary or witness stamp or signature.

They are trying to make it look like a legal doc....

It is a legal document--it's a declaration. If you look at it and read it, it has the language:

I declare under penalty of perjury and the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct.

I don't know why you think that this is not a legal document, but having been a paralegal, I can promise you that this is a legally binding document.

This is a declaration and not an affidavit, but it's still legally binding, even if not sworn before a notary or other witness.

ETA: Legal Difference Between an Affidavit and a Declaration
edit on 26-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   

But no comment on the law enforcement jurisdiction that indisputably has jurisdiction?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

whats so hard about contacting the Montgomery county police?
the fbi will help them

Ten pages later and still turning a blind eye to your fact? Lol

link   
a reply to: burntheships

Polygraphs mean diddly--they're not even admissible in court.

link   
I wonder what the details were on the 2000 defamation lawsuit against Julie Swetnick back in 2000...

www.juralindex.com...

Some people never learn.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

If things keep going that way most likely she'll be lucky to not go to jail.

Well, I for once think some of you leftists needs to stop telling Trump what to do. I thought he wasn't your president and stuff.

Either you vote for him in 2020 or put up & shut up.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join