It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing about all Trump haters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I will keep saying it.

Many of us have forgotten how to disagree without being disagreeable.
Just because we disagree, does not make one of us evil. We just have a different opinion. I can respect someone's opinion without agreeing with it.

I think JFK said it best:

“So, let us not be blind to our differences--but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to the means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.” - John F. Kennedy

edit on 26-9-2018 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2018 by BomSquad because: formatting

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You shouldn't blindly believe every opinion piece you read on the internet, lest you become someone that's impossible to reason with.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
But the left does suck at memeing.

This is not a broad stroke, this is a fact.

It's a paradox, the libs are meant to be the creative types, but they just can't get the message across without #ing it up.

How hard can it be?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Lmfao, nice.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You need a warning before posts like this, I just finished cleaning spewed drink off my phone after seeing your post.

Dammit!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
See, you can dislike Trump without being a "trump hater". You could have voted for Obama without being an "Obama Lover" or even a Liberal. And If I dislike who you voted for, it doesn't mean I hate you as a person. Especially in this last election...you had Trump vs Hillary. Two candidates that were really easy to hate. I don't hate you guys though! LOL

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A lot harder than most people think.

If it were up to them, memes would be nothing more than a poor form of communication that requires zero effort and only reserved for trolls on 4chan.

But you and I both know and understand the complexity behind the art & science of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When out in public I often wonder who around me is a lib or Trump hater. This is pretty easy to figure out by the weirdness one can notice right away. For the females, it's weird colored hair to a face that looks like it was shoved into a box of fishing tackle. For males it's the douchebag beards and skinny jeans tee-shirt w/statement along with strange wrist bands that are to mean something. Heck, I'm just getting started here...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'd offer you a hammer but you already hit the nail on the head.

People dislike Trump for their own reasons-mine is that is a yella bellied contrarian hypocrite, and to paraphrase what you said we can't paint every republican with the same brush and vice versa.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I blame much of all the hate on two things. One is that Hillary had 100% chance to win right up to the point that Trump hit 270 votes...that is one hard thing to overcome or even understand. The other one is that Trump no matter how good or bad he is, he will forever be the one that prevented our first female President from happening and following our first black President it was a big big deal for many to see happen and that is another rather big let down to overcome.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Both sides are emotionally charged. I recently had a conversation with my 82-year-old father about the current political environment .

I brought up the Kavanaugh accusation fiasco. I brought up the Russian investigation. I brought up the conspiracy behind the Russian investigation. I brought up the double standards of the liberals. I brought up the weaponization of the MeToo movement among many other things .

His reply was simple, “it’s just politics”.

It was then I realized that I was emotionally involved too.

THIS!!!!
This is why we are in the state we are in.
No disrespect for your father but this is the exact reason we have fallen so.
We stopped holding people accountable. We give them an easy way out.
"It's just politics"

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
But the left does suck at memeing.

This is not a broad stroke, this is a fact.

It's a paradox, the libs are meant to be the creative types, but they just can't get the message across without #ing it up.

How hard can it be?

Ok..
That is the funniest # I have seen all week and I am stealing it!
You won the internet for the day. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Is that they are all individuals.

Some of them have well articulated reasons for disliking trump, some hate his policies, some hate his personal behavior.

Some people hate him just because he is republican. Some hate him because of what he represents.

Some of these people have what I think are good reasons, some dont in my opinion.

Some are nice people who will hang out with me despite our disagreements, some arent.

Some are very reasonable who are willing to have productive discussions, some arent.

Oh and you know what, trump supporters also fall into the exact same things I have said here.

If you think that all or even almost all followers or detractors of a politician are to be able to be painted with a broad brush, especially one that you deem is inferior to you, then you are horribly mistaken.

Now I make mistakes and do sometimes over generalize, none of us are perfect.

But I will be damned if I would be so arrogant as to belittle all or most of the people that disagree with me as unreasonable or inferior to me.

We should strongly reject all attitudes like that, and this would be a great first step to having a dialogue and understanding that most people on all sides are reasonable and have good reasons for their beliefs

Every single person I know hates him because of his character...which was established years before he mentioned running for office. The problem with shills and others grouping us all in with the left is you fail to beleive we actually judge a person based off of that specific individuals characteristics and actions. Something those who are bigots and fools just generalizing are incapable of even precieving.

I would never hang out with someone who speaks of raping women or persecuting individuals with differing beliefs. What I find appaling is that there are actual individuals on this site who justify this behaviour. Honestly, Trump supporters, would you really feel comfortable hanging out with a friend that talks about grabbing woman by the p*ssy or any of the # he says? Really? That says ALOT about who you are. I as well as many others wont stand for it. Voting for a man like Trump tells me you find this behaviour ok, I don't, that's why I dont like Trump. But its apparent you're fine with it because you're supporting him and backing up this behaviour...
edit on 26-9-2018 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

Some of them have well articulated reasons for disliking trump, some hate his policies, some hate his personal behavior.

Some people hate him just because he is republican. Some hate him because of what he represents.

Some of these people have what I think are good reasons, some dont in my opinion.

Some are nice people who will hang out with me despite our disagreements, some arent.

Some are very reasonable who are willing to have productive discussions, some arent.

Oh and you know what, trump supporters also fall into the exact same things I have said here.

If you think that all or even almost all followers or detractors of a politician are to be able to be painted with a broad brush, especially one that you deem is inferior to you, then you are horribly mistaken.

But I will be damned if I would be so arrogant as to belittle all or most of the people that disagree with me as unreasonable or inferior to me.

We should strongly reject all attitudes like that, and this would be a great first step to having a dialogue and understanding that most people on all sides are reasonable and have good reasons for their beliefs

Honestly, Trump supporters, would you really feel comfortable hanging out with a friend that talks about grabbing woman by the p*ssy or any of the # he says? Really? That says ALOT about who you are.

Yes I would, and have hung out with people like that.

Some of the worst comments I have heard like that were from women.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

You're utterly clueless

As for Trump, he has done a few reasonable things, some things I do not agree with whatsoever, think his cabinet choices suck..for the most part.
I definitely think he is clueless on trade, but really good at alienating allies.
His personality is such, that it's pretty easy to dislike him on that level.
edit on 26-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenisiz

Honestly, Trump supporters, would you really feel comfortable hanging out with a friend that talks about grabbing woman by the p*ssy or any of the # he says? Really? That says ALOT about who you are.

Yes I would, and have hung out with people like that.

Some of the worst comments I have heard like that were from women.

And that's why several on ATS will never agree. Who you support and surround yourself with is an extension of yourself. I like others just dont feel those with differing opinions are inferior and choose to treat EVERYONE with respect. Comments and behavior like that are abysmal and the problem with this society...as is apparent with the utter and total collapse as of late.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice thread.

I think we all fail at this at times, in the heat of a debate we are all guilty of over generalising or thinking that the other guy is somehow any less individual than ourself.

Sometimes on the internet its very easy to remember that there isn't a real person behind those words on the screen.

S&F

You have to be bipolar or something. You say things in condemnation, and it's something you literally just did moments ago.

Or maybe you really have nothing better to do and you are hoping to go down as some sort of "legendary" troll in theanals of history.

Either way, you need some self evaluation. It's the only way to improve oneself.

You said anal.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz
Thats fine as long as you are willing to have a dialogue with those people you are saying tolerate that absymal behavior.

Its a shame though you would not talk to anyone who makes crude comments.

It would be my dream to have an evening with richard pryor, lenny bruce, and many others.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It's not the people themselves that's the problem. It's that they are all brain trained by CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times and the like, so they are all on the same crazy page. I hate to umbrella term this, but I have met so many insane Liberals that I can't even count them. You never know who is who, or why they do what they do...but the outcome is almost always a collective insanity. As far as Judgments, not being willing to listen to the other side and outright drowning people out with mantras when confronted with difficult debate questions...that's kind of their thing (as a whole).

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I was hoping a thread like this to pop up after the "can't reason with Trump supporters!!" one.

We can start by drawing a line between "Trump supporters" and Republicans/alt-right.

I am a Trump supporter but I am not a republican and neither identify myself as a rightist. I think his policies are great for America and that's it.

I am and always will call him out when I disagree with something he did or said.

The MSM implemented so much of the hate towards Trump that some people will criticize and hate him no matter if he's doing a great job or a terrible one.

It literally doesn't make a difference for them.

There's plenty to criticize Trump about. I think he is doing some fantastic things for the nation... and I genuinely believes he cares deeply about average Americans - Middle Class and Blue, Grey and White collar workers.

But he does say stuff sometimes that makes me shake my head, or say "Oy Vey!" Or... "oh come on... why did you say that?"

But, that crap goes with the turf. One huge part of the hatred for Trump, is Americans have become so conditioned to what politicians say, but pay very little attention to what they actually do. That has become how Americans see the President.

Trump turns that on it's head... he's a bull in a China shop (Sorry for the pun, Xi Jinping... it just worked so well), but man is he ever a**holes and elbows on getting stuff done.

His trade team are smart, know the math... and vicious as hell when it come to being uncompromising in protecting American workers.

When he was running... he talked about everything he was going to do... and gave very few details, other than "putting good people on it. We need killers... total killers."

Lo and behold, he has gotten an unbelievable amount done in such a short time, with more opposition than any president in my lifetime, and I'm 61.

Pretty wild. But yeah... he's a full on character, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join