It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing about all Trump haters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

i do not hate anybody. but i'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
But the left does suck at memeing.

This is not a broad stroke, this is a fact.

Ban memes, establish a fact checking team for memes!

That'll show them conservative memers.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I pain you to find an anti-Trump individualist. Their minds move to the ebb and flow of their identity.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

I was hoping a thread like this to pop up after the "can't reason with Trump supporters!!" one.

We can start by drawing a line between "Trump supporters" and Republicans/alt-right.

I am a Trump supporter but I am not a republican and neither identify myself as a rightist. I think his policies are great for America and that's it.

I am and always will call him out when I disagree with something he did or said.

I have the same stance.

Supporting your president but being level-headed enough to call him out on topics with which we disagree -- seems to be a foreign concept to some; including to some foreigners!!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I pain you to find an anti-Trump individualist. Their minds move to the ebb and flow of their identity.

Of coure they exist, on ats as well.

Just because they may agree with what the main starem is saying does not mean they are not an individual.

I myself am guilty of somewhat parroting people who support trump, even if subconsciously.

But I try to make y own decisions on his actions.

I have seen many people that dislike trump here on ats give trump credit for some things, even if it is not many things.

The point assuming a person is not an individual does no good in having discussions.

Its always best to default that whoever you are disgreeing with has genuine and good reasons for having their position.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Of coure they exist, on ats as well.

Just because they may agree with what the main starem is saying does not mean they are not an individual.

I myself am guilty of somewhat parroting people who support trump, even if subconsciously.

But I try to make y own decisions on his actions.

I have seen many people that dislike trump here on ats give trump credit for some things, even if it is not many things.

The point assuming a person is not an individual does no good in having discussions.

Its always best to default that whoever you are disgreeing with has genuine and good reasons for having their position.

Well, everyone is an individual, no matter what they think. But no, I don’t think their positions are reasonable. And that’s the problem. The hysteria around Trump risks pushing the reasonable positions, if their are any, to the back of the line where we never hear them.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice thread.

I think we all fail at this at times, in the heat of a debate we are all guilty of over generalising or thinking that the other guy is somehow any less individual than ourself.

Sometimes on the internet its very easy to remember that there isn't a real person behind those words on the screen.

S&F

You have to be bipolar or something. You say things in condemnation, and it's something you literally just did moments ago.

Or maybe you really have nothing better to do and you are hoping to go down as some sort of "legendary" troll in the anals of history.

Either way, you need some self evaluation. It's the only way to improve oneself.

Ummm...going down in the anals of something...could be historical...

I did accuse him of reaching up his anal orifice to the shoulder for his last thread...

Possibly historical...definitely hysterical...

Guess we'll have to tune in tomorrow...for an up date...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I will say that a good 90% of the Trump haters and Trump supporters fall into exactly the same category in my book - Partisans. So, that would be 20% of all of them are even relevant at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP.

However, this thread is useless. Absolutely useless. Everyone is going to come in here and agree with Grambler. Because they see the other "team" painting with broad brushes, and want to complain about it and condemn the other "team". Then they will leave this thread and paint with a broad brush whenever it suits their agenda of demeaning their political opponents.

Dollars to donuts this thread just turns into people arguing which political cheer squad does it more.

Everyone knows this stuff. They just do not care. Some people just want to hold on to their perceived internet glory and power at all costs, others just want to pretend their #ty life is #ty for reasons other than reality. It is easier to pretend you have control of your life when you have a faceless internet enemy to rage against. Its all their fault. Not mine.

It is divide and conquer in its most basic form and people eat it up. As Rick James would say, making yourself feel better is a hellavu drug.

But what do I know. Probably nothing.

edit on 26-9-2018 by karmicecstasy because: I am sure everyone on here would be a happy well adjusted individual if they just lived in the one party utopia of their dreams

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Who says that everybody who ciritzes Trump, for very good reasons, hates him?

Victim role?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When a liberal Trump hater has a moment of clarity...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Who says that everybody who ciritzes Trump, for very good reasons, hates him?

Victim role?

No I dont feel like a victim.

Sure I acknowledge there are people all the way in between supporting or hating trump.

I was illustrating the point that even people that hate him can have good reasons for doing so.

That in no way implies there arent people who dislike, are indifferent, are wishy washy on him, etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't hate him.

But I don't like some of the things he wants to change.

The ACA has made mine and my mothers life so much better.

His EPA head appointment shows me that he cares more about people making money than he does about pollution.

That dislike of him may turn to hate if his scotus pick takes the freedom of choice away from my sisters and nieces.

Otherwise there is not much the government can do that will effect my life.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What I do like even though it's not trumps doing simply a consequence of him being elected , Is that we would not have the #metoo movement nor would many of the pervs in our government and society have been outed.

In this way he has been great for the country.

And if those tariffs do end up bringing back the made in america brand (sans all the pollution that factories bring) that would be wonderful for us all.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
His Words... "Yet I find it quite strange how the thoughts of some random Scottish dude sitting on his sofa in his underpants putting together a few memes into a badly written and poor attempt at a funny bit of internet wordage gets some people sitting half way round the world so fired up. Yet here I am watching crap day time TV, eating crips, having a coffee and some poor sod in Utah or wherever is getting worked up because they don't like my views."

Also curious, Utah likely has the most College educated population in the nation. His opinions ? soap opera's

edit on 26-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This is the best thread on politics I've read so far.

I feel people vote/agree with candidates based on their life experiences. Since we've all experienced different things what can we expect. I just hate it when people takes things so personally.

I also think we need to give the first ladies a little slack.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There was an excellent Op Ed in the WSJ yesterday or the day before that asks the question, "Why the Left is Consumed with Hate".
www.wsj.com...

Link, if you can get past the pay wall. But I think the author pretty much sums it up quite nicely.

For other leftists, hate is a license. Conservative speakers can be shouted down, even assaulted, on university campuses. Republican officials can be harassed in restaurants, in the street, in front of their homes. Certain leaders of the left—Rep. Maxine Waters comes to mind—are self-appointed practitioners of hate, urging their followers to think of hatred as power itself. How did the American left—conceived to bring more compassion and justice to the world—become so given to hate? It began in the 1960s, when America finally accepted that slavery and segregation were profound moral failings. That acceptance changed America forever. It imposed a new moral imperative: America would have to show itself redeemed of these immoralities in order to stand as a legitimate democracy.

The left had important achievements. It did rescue America from an unsustainable moral illegitimacy. It also established the great menace of racism as America’s most intolerable disgrace. But the left’s success has plunged it into its greatest crisis since the ’60s. The Achilles’ heel of the left has been its dependence on menace for power. Think of all the things it can ask for in the name of fighting menaces like “systemic racism” and “structural inequality.” But what happens when the evils that menace us begin to fade, and then keep fading?

And this explains the hatred for Trump!

Today’s left lacks worthy menaces to fight. It is driven to find a replacement for racism, some sweeping historical wrongdoing that morally empowers those who oppose it. (Climate change?) Failing this, only hatred is left. Hatred is a transformative power. It can make the innocuous into the menacing. So it has become a weapon of choice. The left has used hate to transform President Trump into a symbol of the new racism, not a flawed president but a systemic evil. And he must be opposed as one opposes racism, with a scorched-earth absolutism.

That not only explains the hatred for Trump, it also explains the taking down of the statues. At their core, Leftists/Progressives view the US as a counterfeit "Democracy" because of the permanent unrecoverable moral sin of its foundation in slavery.

There is no solution to their hatred. In fact, the more they get, the more they hate.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Wha? No video?

Disappointed face! 😞

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats not the point. nobody is perfect, neither hillary or obama or some one else. trump is dangerous.

Trump is dangerous, that's all you need to know. As of now, he is beholding to Putin, and continues his attempts to alienate other world leaders like China, Japan etc; with the economic walls he's creating in tariffs, and steering those same countries toward Russia to do business with, and to let America Flounder along with Europe. No, he's not smart, he's a useful Putin idiot.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

While I agree in general, there are certain individuals on ATS and in person whom we know to be irrational hate-spewers, so in those instances (and they are in the minority, so that's good), I say exercise extreme caution in assuming that those people have good reasons for anything that they say.

Well, unless parroting talking points is a good, genuine reason.

But on point to the OP, I agree 100% and said so in my call-out in the other thread. It was such an irrationally stereotypical portrayal of Trump supporters that, if I didn't have a pretty decent understanding of the OP's politics, I would have thought it to be satire.

But, unfortunately...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join