It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing about all Trump haters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Is that they are all individuals.

Some of them have well articulated reasons for disliking trump, some hate his policies, some hate his personal behavior.

Some people hate him just because he is republican. Some hate him because of what he represents.

Some of these people have what I think are good reasons, some dont in my opinion.

Some are nice people who will hang out with me despite our disagreements, some arent.

Some are very reasonable who are willing to have productive discussions, some arent.

Oh and you know what, trump supporters also fall into the exact same things I have said here.

If you think that all or even almost all followers or detractors of a politician are to be able to be painted with a broad brush, especially one that you deem is inferior to you, then you are horribly mistaken.

Now I make mistakes and do sometimes over generalize, none of us are perfect.

But I will be damned if I would be so arrogant as to belittle all or most of the people that disagree with me as unreasonable or inferior to me.

We should strongly reject all attitudes like that, and this would be a great first step to having a dialogue and understanding that most people on all sides are reasonable and have good reasons for their beliefs
edit on 26-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nice thread.

I think we all fail at this at times, in the heat of a debate we are all guilty of over generalising or thinking that the other guy is somehow any less individual than ourself.

Sometimes on the internet its very easy to remember that there isn't a real person behind those words on the screen.

S&F

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Nice thread.

I think we all fail at this at times, in the heat of a debate we are all guilty of over generalising or thinking that the other guy is somehow any less individual than ourself.

Sometimes on the internet its very easy to remember that there isn't a real person behind those words on the screen.

S&F

Yes and I am sure we all agree that people that make comments that belittle large swaths of people that they disagree with and imply the are inferior or totally unable to be reasoned with, and then claim they were just trying to encourage critical thinking and discussion are very disingenuous and should be called out.

Agreed?
edit on 26-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I was hoping a thread like this to pop up after the "can't reason with Trump supporters!!" one.

We can start by drawing a line between "Trump supporters" and Republicans/alt-right.

I am a Trump supporter but I am not a republican and neither identify myself as a rightist. I think his policies are great for America and that's it.

I am and always will call him out when I disagree with something he did or said.

The MSM implemented so much of the hate towards Trump that some people will criticize and hate him no matter if he's doing a great job or a terrible one.

It literally doesn't make a difference for them.

edit on 26/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Nice thread.

S&F

You have to be bipolar or something. You say things in condemnation, and it's something you literally just did moments ago.

Or maybe you really have nothing better to do and you are hoping to go down as some sort of "legendary" troll in the anals of history.

Either way, you need some self evaluation. It's the only way to improve oneself.
edit on 26-9-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Nice thread.

S&F

Quoted for stunning irony, considering your current thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You know under the current climate on ATS your op would be a good introduction for new members.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Both sides are emotionally charged. I recently had a conversation with my 82-year-old father about the current political environment .

I brought up the Kavanaugh accusation fiasco. I brought up the Russian investigation. I brought up the conspiracy behind the Russian investigation. I brought up the double standards of the liberals. I brought up the weaponization of the MeToo movement among many other things .

His reply was simple, “it’s just politics”.

It was then I realized that I was emotionally involved too.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can see by your posts you're a great person and always open to clean debate.

Unfortunately you still have your beliefs so the facts won't matter that much.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Good points. There seems to be a lot of people staring into a mirror pointing at the reflection and calling it “them”

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I only support Trump because I am told by everyone that I should not for no substantiated reason.

If Trump cannot be considered a legitimate president with his personality flaws, then almost everyone I know would not be accepted as a legitimate president. Everyone has said things and done things.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
But the left does suck at memeing.

This is not a broad stroke, this is a fact.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

thats not the point. nobody is perfect, neither hillary or obama or some one else. trump is dangerous. america is important for the world in many ways and the world nowadays needs leaders with empathy, knowledge and an open mind. for him, it's like playing golf, he wants to win and be the best doesn't matter how. do you want kids to listen to his speeches? is he a role model? does he brings the american people together? dont think so. trump is clever, for sure, but he is not a leader.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Thats your opinion.

There are many things I dislike about trump as well.

However, he hasnt overthrew a country like thos great role models Obama and bush.

So I will take harsh words ove blood thirtsy regime change war anytime.

And regardless of rather or not you hate trump, the point of this thread is that all people are individuals, and despite what they think of trump or any other politicians they have their own reasons for doing so, and many are genuine and good reasons.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Absolutely and I agree.

Sometimes, we just have to be patient and give the benefit of the doubt.

I know, cracking on leftist is like taking candy from a baby, but honestly, that's just my natural reaction to unreasonable leftist, those that see only what they want to see.

Honestly, emotions and hyper partisans are a tough ones to navigate.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Nice thread.

S&F

Ummm didn't you just have a post that you OP'd that said Trump supporters couldn't be reasoned with?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

thats not the point. nobody is perfect, neither hillary or obama or some one else. trump is dangerous. america is important for the world in many ways and the world nowadays needs leaders with empathy, knowledge and an open mind. for him, it's like playing golf, he wants to win and be the best doesn't matter how. do you want kids to listen to his speeches? is he a role model? does he brings the american people together? dont think so. trump is clever, for sure, but he is not a leader.
Pre concieved notion. This is where REASON comes into play.

Yes, YOUR OPINION on Trump is he is dangerous.

Our opinion on Trump is he is not and it is backed by evidence as to the current economic trends.

Can you back up your claim he is dangerous?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Nice thread.

S&F

Quoted for stunning irony, considering your current thread.

Sometimes, you get called out and left eating crow. The best thing to do is agree with this better premise and save face, that's all it is, saving face.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

trump is dangerous.

Is that so? Tell me one policy he ever implemented that would prove your point. Facts please, I'm tired of biased opinions.

america is important for the world in many ways and the world nowadays needs leaders with empathy, knowledge and an open mind.

Actually we need leaders who'll put your people in front of you and everyone else and he's doing that. He may be a cold heart, unlike the friendly drone-killer Obama, but he never demonstrated lack of empathy towards his people.

If he hasn't the knowledge and the open mind to run the country your economy and job sector wouldn't be so great right now. I'd ask you to elaborate on that but I get it. It's hard to disprove facts with only opinions.

for him, it's like playing golf, he wants to win and be the best doesn't matter how. do you want kids to listen to his speeches? is he a role model? does he brings the american people together? dont think so. trump is clever, for sure, but he is not a leader.

Agree with you on that. He does not have the leadership style. But again, Obama had and we know how things went... I think you're either missing the point or refusing to see. How can he bring American people together when your party ask people to "do something" about a duty elected president? Thought you guys had a democracy and stuff...

And BTW, I think his speeches are great.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What happened between 6:47am and 8:51am CST this morning?? (ya know, between the creation of your "Trump supporters can't be reasoned with" thread and your post 'standing in agreement' with this thread)

Oh, you took your meds...

Good job buddy!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join