It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Grambler

So you are telling me if someone posted a thread that said trying to reason with trump haters is woryjless because they are cult followers, you would say yep that is true and reasonable

I would say it definitely goes on they do exist but that they exist on both sides and as someone who is against Trump I think its also important to give him credit where credit is due because if you just blindly hate on him all the time it starts to undermine your arguments.

So then your op is just focusing on one side and insulting them because.....

It would be the equivalent of me making a thread that said something like "To bad we cant reason with women, but they are stupid and violent"

Then someone says so are men, and I say oh yeah I agree, but we are only talking about dumb women right now.

Its obvious what you are doing, you are belittling trump supporters.

And the fact that you wont even own up to that now, and are pretending that you you think all sides are involved in what you call out in the OP is ridiculous.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You have to agree that Trump is what the media tells you if not you're and idiot and obviously not educated.

My problem with this crap is the moral and intellectual superiority complex which is impossible to reason with unfortunately. I see the opposite of what the op sees but doesn't mean Trump supporters are angels. the difference is liberals own the news, colleges, and entertainment.

edit on 26-9-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah ,goes to show words can't hurt but they sure can change someone's day.

You know I always actually find this quite funny.

Now full disclosure, when I write a thread like this I know its going to get a reaction, thats not to say I am trolling just that I know how to get someone to click on a thread and respond to it which is what I want because I want to encourage discussion and debate. I want to get people thinking a bit more critically about how they view a particular issue, I enjoy taking an unpopular view to challenge the views of others.

But I don't take this seriously, I don't get all hot and bothered because someone called me a jerk or didn't like what I wrote because I write it knowing thats the response to expect. They don't know me.

Yet I find it quite strange how the thoughts of some random Scottish dude sitting on his sofa in his underpants putting together a few memes into a badly written and poor attempt at a funny bit of internet wordage gets some people sitting half way round the world so fired up. Yet here I am watching crap day time TV, eating crips, having a coffee and some poor sod in Utah or wherever is getting worked up because they don't like my views.

Strange place this interwebs...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

WLYB

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yes that is a fair criticism I am sticking to one side of this, I acknowledge that it goes on with both sides but I have chosen to write it from the perspective of how some Trump supporters are guilty of it.

If that offends you.

Not much I can do about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Meh, well were I can I do try not to be brushing everyone with the same brush, I know that I don't always manage that in the heat of a quick response but I don't mean to brush all with the same brush.

Like I have said several times I know that there are some Trump supporters for whom this thread does not apply to.

I hope that clarifies that for you.

You consciously posted a meme saying if you could reason with trump supporters, there wouldnt be any.

That is not a slip up in the heat of responding, that was a conscious choice on your part.

Somehow I find your trying to wriggle out of what you did in the OP to be more distasteful than the OP itself.

If you want to insult entire groups of people, at least own up to it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Meh, well were I can I do try not to be brushing everyone with the same brush, I know that I don't always manage that in the heat of a quick response but I don't mean to brush all with the same brush.

Like I have said several times I know that there are some Trump supporters for whom this thread does not apply to.

I hope that clarifies that for you.

You consciously posted a meme saying if you could reason with trump supporters, there wouldnt be any.

That is not a slip up in the heat of responding, that was a conscious choice on your part.

Somehow I find your trying to wriggle out of what you did in the OP to be more distasteful than the OP itself.

If you want to insult entire groups of people, at least own up to it.

Dude you can believe it or not.

I do not mean that all Trump supporters cannot be reasoned with.

I am sorry but A meme saying "you can't reason with most (but not all) Trump supporters otherwise there wouldn't be many (not zero) Trump supporters"

it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I really think it's identity politics.

Many identify Trump and his supporters synonymously.

It's lazy thinking. Trump is a racist, islamophobe, sexist, so his followers are as well.

Yet they are shocked and appalled if, by association, the same is done towards them.

I don't think that the OP (being British) would like to be associated with Theresa May, but does not see that he is doing the very think to us.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You write all these threads about trump and his supporters to troll and get a reaction because you know it's gonna be a hate thread. You know people are gonna push back. It's all good just admit it. I troll sometimes too but I'm in recovery now.

First denial then acceptance
edit on 26-9-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you hate Trump.

Are you upset because other people don't hate Trump like you do?

When so many of the OP's critical threads start with "Trump supporters are..."
...it appears OP hates Trump supporters even more than Trump, himself.

WHY this is, is anyone's guess...

MY guess is it has to do with insecurity and low self-esteem.
THAT is often the reason some people irrationally hate and feel inferior to large groups of people.

Others remain content with just calling others "Deplorables".

So its true that I dislike and have written about how Trump supporters debate, so I think I have a few threads that talk about being hypocritical I have another discussing various tactics used such as playing word games and deflecting form the issues.

However I have not wrote a thread saying "All trump supporters are racist/scum/sexist/bigots...deplorables.

Thats just not true.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And to think, just days ago we had that fantastic AMA thread about the skinwalker ranch.

Then you have such amazing OP's that wallow in their little political tantrums every day, unable to break the cycle and move one to a better life.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Now full disclosure, when I write a thread like this I know its going to get a reaction, thats not to say I am trolling just that I know how to get someone to click on a thread and respond to it which is what I want because I want to encourage discussion and debate. I want to get people thinking a bit more critically about how they view a particular issue, I enjoy taking an unpopular view to challenge the views of others.

So you insult entire groups of people to encourage debate and critical thinking?

That sounds delusional

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Your stance is a double edged sword. The thing is the Liberals have been dealing with Trump for just a few years. We’ve been dealing with liberals for decades.

William F Buckley puts it all into perspective .

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You know I always actually find this quite funny.

But I don't take this seriously, I don't get all hot and bothered because someone called me a jerk or didn't like what I wrote because I write it knowing thats the response to expect. They don't know me.

Yet I find it quite strange how the thoughts of some random Scottish dude sitting on his sofa in his underpants putting together a few memes into a badly written and poor attempt at a funny bit of internet wordage gets some people sitting half way round the world so fired up. Yet here I am watching crap day time TV, eating crips, having a coffee and some poor sod in Utah or wherever is getting worked up because they don't like my views.

Strange place this interwebs...

I call BS on this one

Youre nothing but a troll, you didnt want to discuss ANYTHING, you didnt want ANY DEBATE, you clearly told people to not discuss anything other than trump supporters are dumb people.

YOU clearly state you dont like OTHERS view....

But guess what, this OP and ALL the post in it, are clearly visible for all that wants to see what you really are... FOREVER!!!
edit on 26-9-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

So you agree with hillary that half the nation is deplorable??

Can you quote me as saying that....No, because thats not what have said only that many of you are very difficult to reason with as this thread seems to be demonstrating.

So in other words, we're not progressive liberals so we're hard to reason with because we don't fall in line with your ideology and you start a thread bashing us all, knowing we won't agree. Wow, you're a genius. A total gosh dog genius!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You have to agree that Trump is what the media tell you if not you're and idiot and obviously not educated.

My problem with this crap is the moral and intellectual superiority complex which is impossible to reason with unfortunately. I see the opposite of what the op sees but doesn't mean Trump supporters are angels. the difference is liberals own the news colleges and entertainment.

Before I actually started listening to Trump when he was campaigning, I wasn't even going to vote. The only reason I started listening to him was that I never knew him to be a racist, but kept seeing it plastered all over the news. Then I realized how much propaganda was being distributed to the masses to boost Hillary's standing in the election after I started paying attention. My problem was I wasn't ever much into politics and had only voted once before for Obama, but that was hoping he would be something like Trump. I wanted transparency and change, but Obama brought the same old crap in a new package.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Your stance is a double edged sword. The thing is the Liberals have been dealing with Trump for just a few years. We’ve been dealing with liberals for decades.

Yeah I would agree there are two sides to it, now as the author of this thread I wanted to look at how this happens with Trump supporters.

As I said previously I think that there are probably quite a few people who hate on Trump no matter what and the effect is basically the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Yawn.

^^^^

Proves my point, won't even enter into the debate.

What debate? This is a circle jerk for the usual suspects. Get over yourself. This thread isn't anything new. For those of us working and living in the US, your thread is what I see every. Single. Day. At work. Nothing new and I feel no need to explain my reasoning to another idiot who doesn't know what it is to defend our constitution.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Ummm...how far up your anal orifice did you have to reach for this sorry excuse of an OP...

HaHaHa...don't you have a job or something to do other than feed off of American politics and Political figures...?

I love how much Trump has taken up residence in your head...I mean...I voted for the guy...but I sure as hell don't obsess over him like you do...Matter of fact I disagree with a number of the things he's done...and have called him out on them right here...

You progressives are losing much more than at the ballot box...your losing your minds as well...

I like you...but as one friend to another...seek professional help...this obsessing is detrimental to your mental health...

But certainly healthy to my laugh muscles...they're pumped...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you hate Trump.

Are you upset because other people don't hate Trump like you do?

When so many of the OP's critical threads start with "Trump supporters are..."
...it appears OP hates Trump supporters even more than Trump, himself.

WHY this is, is anyone's guess...

MY guess is it has to do with insecurity and low self-esteem.
THAT is often the reason some people irrationally hate and feel inferior to large groups of people.

Others remain content with just calling others "Deplorables".

So its true that I dislike and have written about how Trump supporters debate, so I think I have a few threads that talk about being hypocritical I have another discussing various tactics used such as playing word games and deflecting form the issues.

BRAVO, dear friend.
Admitting you may have a problem is the first step towards healing.

Baby steps.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join