It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Really I think people are supporting Trump for the idea he portrays not really the guy himself. We have been looking for someone to standup and take control of the government and make positive changes and not bow down to the political good ol' boy system. I think people are just tied of tax funned politicians trying to rule over the masses.

Also I think a lot of hate is fake and generated by the DNC (I guess they want the power at the moment) and powerful people that control industries (Soros, Rockefellers, Silicon Valley).

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yup again not pretending this applies to all Trump supporters.

You will note that I don't say All trump supporters are impossible to reason with.

Actually I have said several times in this thread that I do believe there are a few on this very site who demonstrate a ability to see reason.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

People who think like OP are the main reason I think we're going to end up in a civil war.

Why ? The OP has only critised a trend he has seen here, he has not come out swinging, so why would there be a civil war because of the way he thinks

Is criticism really worth killing over to you ?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Grambler

You will note that I am very carful to not generalise all Trump supporters.

I tend to use words like "most" "some, "many" and so on.

I do not believe that all Trump followers will defending no matter what.

You for example have proven in the past that you will call him out just as much as you will defend him however you cannot honestly say that there are not some Trump members who frequent this site who just blindly defend him.

Sure it goes on on the left to, some will just hate on him no matter what but this thread is about the other side of that particular coin.

so at that point, what is your point? Both sides can do this, and it's not all of either side. So you have just solved you conundrum. /thread

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People who think like OP are the main reason I think we're going to end up in a civil war.

Why ? The OP has only critised a trend he has seen here, he has not come out swinging, so why would there be a civil war because of the way he thinks

I really want a answer to this question.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You will note that I am very carful to not generalise all Trump supporters.

I tend to use words like "most" "some, "many" and so on.

I do not believe that all Trump followers will defending no matter what.

You for example have proven in the past that you will call him out just as much as you will defend him however you cannot honestly say that there are not some Trump members who frequent this site who just blindly defend him.

Sure it goes on on the left to, some will just hate on him no matter what but this thread is about the other side of that particular coin.

No you are not very careful about saying most

I see several times in your op for example where you say something like “trying to reason with a trump supporter “ not many trumo supporters or most

You know you are painting with a braid brush, don’t back away from it now

And now pretending sure all sides do this, but this thread was just looking at trump supporters that do

Sorry I find that ridiculous

So you are telling me if someone posted a thread that said trying to reason with trump haters is woryjless because they are cult followers, you would say yep that is true and reasonable

Of course you wouldn’t

This was a childish op where you proved to be a person that is difficult to reason with, the very thing you are criticizing

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Stop baiting people.

I am not baiting I am making a pretty serious point.

Many of you are impossible to reason with.

As I said in the OP trying to tell a Trump supporter that he's actually not some infallible deity is like trying to tell a 3 year old nephew that Santa isn't real.

nah you are baiting. respect -10

what a ridiculous post.

many trump supporters (myself included) know he has flaws and slap our foreheads often.

but we see the bigger picture...

bad karma dude

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

The ridiculousness of your memes is why you can't reason with us, you don't want to. The only way you'll ever find reason in us is if we drop all of our views and meet your demands.

Best part is you saying it's like trying to explain to a creationist what the Big Bang was when they think the Earth is 6,000 years old. About a hundred people think the Earth is only that old. Perhaps the problem is you and not everyone else, eh?

Well done, your post is a great example of what the op is getting at.

I actually don't think a lot of them have bothered to read the OP because rather a lot of them seem to be making my point for me.

No doubt , you have raised a few blood pressures across the U.S.

link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I'd guess you are a Liberal Democrats political party over there in limey land. And have nothing to do with your time but annoy others. You sure have achieved that towards us here in the United States. Frankly you appear a buffoon in a frog mask. oh but let's not get childish.

We don't care what you think, and my time is more valuable than addressing your endless bloviation. Stick a sock in it and go pound sand.

They want you to hear their opinion because nobody else cares to hear it. What's the satisfaction of telling your fellow anti-Americans how you feel about Trump supporters when they agree?

I guess I can't find the exact words I'm looking for, but basically, it drives them crazy knowing that we don't care about their opinion or feelings so they make threads or pop into our conversations to make sure we hear their opinion.

link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

There are jerks in all sides

This op is one of them

Awww....

I am a nice guy once you get to know me...

Such a shame you feel the need to judge people just based of your online interactions with their politics.

LOL

Isnt this entire OP about how you generalize and judge people, just based on you online interactions with their politics, as you put it??

It really is interesting that so many are constitutionally incapable of seeing their own blatant hypocrisy. It's clear as day and they just can't see it. I believe that shows a real lack of self understanding.

link   

So you are telling me if someone posted a thread that said trying to reason with trump haters is woryjless because they are cult followers, you would say yep that is true and reasonable

I would say it definitely goes on they do exist but that they exist on both sides and as someone who is against Trump I think its also important to give him credit where credit is due because if you just blindly hate on him all the time it starts to undermine your arguments.

link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

uhu...

just like its funny you didn't address the OP

There isn't anything to address. You created a thread to widely brush all Trump supporters as idiots that won't engage in debate, which isn't even close to the truth. I've disagreed with Trump's actions a few times on this board, I guess you just weren't paying attention or didn't read those threads. Check out the threads on the Syria bombing after the chemical attacks or the Omnibus bill threads. There are also many many others, but I can't read them for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

The ridiculousness of your memes is why you can't reason with us, you don't want to. The only way you'll ever find reason in us is if we drop all of our views and meet your demands.

Best part is you saying it's like trying to explain to a creationist what the Big Bang was when they think the Earth is 6,000 years old. About a hundred people think the Earth is only that old. Perhaps the problem is you and not everyone else, eh?

Well done, your post is a great example of what the op is getting at.

I actually don't think a lot of them have bothered to read the OP because rather a lot of them seem to be making my point for me.

No doubt , you have raised a few blood pressures across the U.S.

yeah I am starting to get that impression.

You write a quick thread over lunch and somewhere in Texas someone has to up their blood pressure meds.

The internet is a funny place eh?

I wonder if someone should check on LSU2018 actually....
edit on 26-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Meh, well were I can I do try not to be brushing everyone with the same brush, I know that I don't always manage that in the heat of a quick response but I don't mean to brush all with the same brush.

Like I have said several times I know that there are some Trump supporters for whom this thread does not apply to.

I hope that clarifies that for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The problem is not Trump, The problem is lefties that cry and become aggressive when they not get their way even when democrocy wins.

hmmmm.....

I think someone might have missed the point.

You got that right...
lefties not respecting democracy and our president.

link   

Yeah ,goes to show words can't hurt but they sure can change someone's day.

link   

The problem is not Trump, The problem is lefties that cry and become aggressive when they not get their way even when democrocy wins.

hmmmm.....

I think someone might have missed the point.

You got that right...
lefties not respecting democracy and our president.

yeah thats not the point of this thread....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I really want a answer to this question.

Saying civil war is hyperbolic.

But the idea that people feels so sure of themselves and superior to people that disagree wth them that they claim thos epoeple cant be reasoned with is a very dangerous concept.

If you cant reason with people, violence seems inevitable at some point.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I have honestly seen Trump supporters who genuinely believe that Obama’s birth certificate isn’t authentic yet have no problem with Trump not releasing his tax returns. They believe Obama is Kenyan based on some pretty funky “evidence”, yet they don’t think there is anything wrong with Trump breaking his promise to release his tax returns. Not only that but these same people will come up with some of the most astounding rational for him not releasing said tax returns.

Well, I mean, it's not mandated by law or otherwise--there doesn't need to be rationale for him not to release them, other than him saying, "I don't want to."

That's a silly argument to make. As for the birther movement--who cares what people think about that? But honestly, being concerned about a president's nationality is a bigger issue than being concerned about his tax returns, considering one matters for running for president and one doesn't.

Both are non-issues to intelligent people, though.

We see this kind of logic time and time again with a selection of Trump supporters, they believe that Obama was a homosexual whose wife was a man….ohh but ask them about anything to do with Russia and links to Trump and its all FAKE NEWS!!!!

Well, to be fair, the former claim is maybe truly believed by, like, 8 people, and the latter at this point is true because there is no evidence of wrongdoing with Trump and Russia.

Again, you're making a false comparison, and one that is silly at its foundation: You're citing a wildly fringe claim and implying that it is held by all Trump supporters, and then comparing it to an actual thing that still, after almost two years of investigation, has turned up no evidence.

And you're trying to lecture us about logic? (us as in "the readers")

Bill Clinton was a serial rapist, Hillary and co where running Pizzagate and they left a trail of dead bodies in their wake but ask them what they think about Trumps history with women then they would have you believe he is a perfect gentleman. Lets just ignore underage sex parties he attended, the affairs with prostitutes and don't even ask about pee-gate

To be fair, none of what you just mentioned has been proven beyond doubt, so it's all irrelevant. But do you see the irony? You're calling out Trump supporters concerning the Clintons, and then imply that these claims about underage sex parties, affairs with prostitutes, and "peegate" are things that deserve actual consideration--things lauded by the left in an irrational frenzy to demonize Trump.

Are you seeing that the pot and kettle are the same color yet?

It is impossible to reason with people like this, and there are so many of them that all congratulate each other on being more ignorant than the next in their blind loyalty to Trump that the effect seems to get more and more concentrated and I actually believe now that they really do believe that Trump is somehow infallible. Like anything he says or does is somehow defensible or excusable.

Yeah, it's funny how that applies to any blind loyalist to a politician--it's just as insane on the left as it is on the right. Obama had such supporters. Bill Clinton did as well. Pretending that this is a right-only issue is absurd and just as illogical and asinine as you think the generalized "Trump supporter" is in their actions.

And an outside observer can only conclude that it's willful ignorance.

Whats also funny is how they like to pretend that its folk like me that are the triggered snowflakes ...

Your honor, I would like to submit this OP as exhibit one...

Meh I am getting a bit fed up of it, there is zero point in trying to reason with these people ...

Then just stop. No one is forcing you to play Almighty Reasoner.

I have never seen such blind loyalty towards a politician, ...

Have you been asleep for the past two previous presidential terms? Let's have a little personal integrity here.

... but never to someone who looks like a giant orange scrotum and who seems to think with his toadstool and bank balance over the country while also trying to find ways to worm his way out of every stupid scandal he manages to create for himself.

This is why many people on here don't take you seriously--you speak and act and use memes like a petulant little child. Take my response as you will, it matters not to me, but I couldn't stand by and read these terrible comparisons and lack of self-reflection without noting the absurdity of it all.

The problem with your thread is that you attribute this to all Trump supporters--yes, some act this way, but not the majority who actually want the president to succeed in doing better for the country, even if we don't like everything that he does or his sometimes immature actions.

If you can't reason with people, though, maybe it's not always the other people who are the problem; perhaps it often has to do with your message and delivery. #JustAThought
edit on 26-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you hate Trump.

Are you upset because other people don't hate Trump like you do?

When so many of the OP's critical threads start with "Trump supporters are..."
...it appears OP hates Trump supporters even more than Trump, himself.

WHY this is, is anyone's guess...

MY guess is it has to do with insecurity and low self-esteem.
THAT is often the reason some people irrationally hate and feel inferior to large groups of people.

Others remain content with just calling others "Deplorables".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join