It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

The problem with that is that Democrats were against the civil rights movement and freeing the slaves. So how does repubs= racist?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do appreciate you asking the question but its not really the topic of this thread and its something I have addressed quite often in previous threads.

Actually pretty sure I wrote an entire thread on it.

So you just want to talk about people, you cant talk with??

How can you make reason with anybody, if youre not prepared to talk with them, but only want everybody else to know how wrong they are, and how they shouldnt try to talk to them, cause you cant reason with them.

Is that youre agenda, to try convince people they shouldnt even listen to what a trump supporter have to say?

You dont like free speech?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Try reasoning with liberals as an independent that Trump isn't as bad as he's portrayed in the media. Not possible the hate is so strong for Trump they're blinded by anger and hate.

If they even smell a hint on minor support you're the devil and debates over.

So liberals can't meme and they're not more reasonable imo.

Things are going well for me so I'm not gonna push back at Trump til it does go bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Nope! Dems are the racist, they want to destroy diversity! It is the true party of hate who wants to sow division! Again I don't think you realized how many minority are switching sides. What ever picture you have of me in your head is probably wrong! LoL

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Dude the obama supporters were nuts! If you diagreed with the guy you were a racist. If you criticized him in the paper you got wiretapped. His followers truly believed that he did no wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

None of what you wrote means anything in the context of this thread.

The member asked me a question I responded.

It had nothing to do with free speech or any of that

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Some people are.

Democrats don't owe people a FAIR primary

That so called superiority the left thinks they have over the right?

DOESN'T EFFING EXIST.

To be fair, I believe Republicans did similar in prior primaries themselves. Only difference is they realized that policy screwed them big time (voters fled in disgust) so thus they sucked it up and allowed Trump to be nominated.

The Dems have seemed to have just doubled down and are too stupid to realize that the actual majority of Americans do not like not being heard and told to just suck it up and vote for who we deem the chosen one.

Edit add: though by making this statement, I guess it does show that perhaps Republicans can be reasoned with...so one has to give it to Trump being smart enough to run on the Repub ticket. As a democrat, he would have had to really come up with some big bucks to place as their nominee like Hilary had to.
edit on 9 26 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Yawn.

^^^^

Proves my point, won't even enter into the debate.

What is there to debate?

You're bringing up 10+ years old tropes that no one takes seriously.
I don't debate the existence of the tooth fairy with kids either.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

The problem with that is that Democrats were against the civil rights movement and freeing the slaves. So how does repubs= racist?

They don't care.

They ignore inconvenient truths because it doesn't fit their narrative.

That party should be banned like confederate flags, and monuments all things being equal.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I do appreciate you asking the question but its not really the topic of this thread and its something I have addressed quite often in previous threads.

Actually pretty sure I wrote an entire thread on it.

Actually, I was trying to reason with an anti-Trump individual.

I tried!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

To be fair, I believe Republicans did similar in prior primaries themselves.

No they didn't or else Trump wouldn't be president.

Because they didn't want him.

link   

Still using that tired misrepresentation fact?

Cute, but still incorrect.

link   
Do you know the next civil war will be based on...….political ideology...and posts like this just fuel the flames making it more of a coming reality.

I don't think BHO go this much hate.

link   

Haha fair enough.

You asked why do I hate Trump..

Bit of a old thread, and in hindsight I think hate is a bit of a strong word but since you ask...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They don't care.

They ignore inconvenient truths because it doesn't fit their narrative.

That party should be banned like confederate flags, and monuments all things being equal.

You're stuck with us friend, til the end.

link   
a reply to: avgguy

The parties were completely different back over a hundred years ago. Go out and find a few of those democrats today.....
they will be with the ladies wearing hoop skirts and pantelettes. Next to the carriage with the team of four.

+4 more 
link   

I realize you're looking more for an echo chamber than an actual thought-out response here, but I really have trouble letting such propaganda pieces lie. So bear with me.

If by "reason," you mean "make them think like I do," you are correct. Trying to force anyone to think the way one wishes them to is an inherently futile endeavor. Of course, to most people, the term "reason" implies a two-way conversation that includes both sides listening to the other in an attempt to find some sort of common ground. That rarely happens in politics today.

Instead, we have complaints like yours. Here's a few specific details, based on your laundry list of complaints, that might hopefully (but obviously not necessarily) shed some light on the issue:

Obama's birth certificate is a moot point. It is irrelevant. It might have been relevant during his first 6 months or so in office, but after that it did not matter.

Whether gender Michele Obama is, is also irrelevant. No one who matters cares. I think many might care that they are being lumped into a group which does not share their views, based on overall support for someone.

Almost two years of investigations into this supposed Trump-Russia collusion has yielded no results whatsoever concerning Trump-Russia collusion. The investigation does not even claim Trump as a target. However, based on the exact same complaints used to try and justify the existence of the investigation, the Democratic candidate is obviously guilty... Hillary Clinton paid for a British spy to use Russian contacts to produce a sketchy, unverifiable dossier designed specifically to be used as political ammunition against Trump, and it was then used by the FBI in a FISA warrant to officially approve spying on a US citizen. So yeah... fake news.

And of course, your next point is the "whataboutism" complaint... that complaint is irrelevant. The tenet is not "Trump should be able to do whatever Hillary did," but more "neither Trump nor Hillary should be above the law." It is, to us, a question of fairness, and examples of unfair treatment under the law are not only quite applicable, they are the basis of the complaints we have.

Now let us look at some of the things used to disparage Trump and end our support of him:
  • Trump is a racist: please! We have heard that same old song and dance so many times, we understand that the only real racists in the conversation are those who are making the accusations. There is no, zero, zip, nada reasoning that realistically point to Donald Trump being a racist. Twisting his words around does not count.

• Trump is a womanizer: who cares? That's between him and his women. As long as there is no solid evidence of molestation, most people do not consider sexual relations the mark of the devil.

• Trump gets two scoops of ice cream: need i add anything to this one?

• Trump is dumb: yeah, maybe, but he's smart enough to turn a million dollar loan into a multi-billion dollar empire with international name recognition in the most difficult real estate market in the country. That puts him a few notches above the people who are saying he's dumb, which means those detractors are actually hypocrites.

• Trump starts fights with his phone: Actually, Trump wins fights with his phone. His targets start them. And at least his administration is transparent; we get to hear what's on his mind every day.

• Trump is obstructing justice: not. The President gets to hire and fire Executive Branch employees.

• Trump is planning...: oh, quit trying to read the man's mind already! Read his tweets. As soon as I hear this kind of statement, everything else you say is just propaganda based on a fantasy.
If you want to reason with a Trump supporter, try reasoning. Who knows? It might work.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

If it happens it's a war the Right would win.

The left can't do snip without bribing politicians,and rigging snip to make government give them what they want.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I love a good Trump thread. Unfortunately, this was not it. No pee-pee tapes? Nothin'?

Shakes fist at screen.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Mocking Trump supporters is your idea of reasoning with them.

errrmmmm....

The point is that you can't reason with them, well most of them.

errrmmmm….

'Reasoning with people' is NOT calling them Nazis and racists...and then expecting them to take you serious enough to listen to.

Enjoy your troll.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join