It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeQuark96
a reply to: pteridine

I can't edit my post.
Trump targeted abortion and made it look like crime and punishable to whoever did it.
I should probably read the facts first, sorry.

Do you think that any statements he may have made were a political ploy? In fact, I think both parties are happy with things the way they are. The GOP gets to beat the drums for evangelicals, the Dems get to scream about women's rights [rights are invented on an as-needed basis] and both watch the black population keep itself in check by disproportionate abortion of babies.
LBJ didn't give a crap about civil rights, he wanted Dem voters. He did a give-away and destroyed the black nuclear family by making generations of dependents while convincing them it was for their own good. How to keep the population in check? Abortion. Free of course. Look up Eugenics.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This post boils back down to the issue of the left and right coming to some common ground. Which, due to the social manipulation that's become our regular culture in America, seems impossible.

You can't point out Trump's flaws to a conservative.

You can't point out Obama's flaws to a liberal.

You can't explain that you may be 'okay' or 'not okay' with abortions depending on the circumstances - you can't explain this view to either side. You either have to be pro-life or pro-choice, no room for an in-between.

You can't explain that you're a feminist AND you're okay with a simple old school lifestyle - being a housewife maybe, adopting old ways of chivalry while advocating women's rights. To both sides, this idea is gibberish. Again, they all stamp their foot and demand you to pick a side, no middle-ground.

You can't be pro-gun AND pro-gay marriage. You cannot adopt ideals from both sides - you have to pick a side and assimilate to whatever they believe in.

You can't explain that you believe in government cover-ups BUT you don't believe in conspiracy theories. Government cover-ups are a fact - many of them are documented. Whereas, conspiracy theories range into wild, bizarre territories like the planes from 9/11 being holographic. But no - you can't be 'woke' and open-minded without being lumped with the crazier conspirators out there. Yet again, you must choose - you're either a sheep or a lunatic. No one accepts an in-between.

I could go on.

The gist of it is this; we've grown accustomed to the routine of choosing sides and shouting at each other. The fact that many activists lose sight of blatant social division keeps the system of manipulation thriving. Mainstream and alternative media outlets are both at fault for this, broadcasting at each other's throats while real stories remain buried and ignored.

Basically... your post is too one-sided. I do understand your point (I know plenty of the Trump supporters you're referring to, as I live in Tennessee, redneck hell), but this biased stupidity resides on every side of this pointless social struggle.

Realizing this and coming to a collective compromise is the only way out. For that, I'd think we need to unplug from the voices for a while, but I don't see that happening.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I know that I am late to this thread, and I am an independent, but like Trump, to immediately admit.

To reason with a Trump supporter?

I think it is easy to reason with a Trump supporter if you are independent, or if you are already a Trump supporter.

If you are too far to the left … you might be too liberal to reason at all, and if you are in that class, you will never 'reason' really, even with a Trump supporter.

So this is a very interesting question of a thread

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

edit on 28-9-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: double post ... because if you can say the right thing good once, you can say it even better twice!!

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing OVER AND OVER and expecting a different result.

every one of your posts , meme, comments , ect against trump (and to open trump supporters) has been repeated, redone, rehashed , wash , rinse repeat since DAY ONE it was realized he was a serious contender for president.

Your insults , comments, portrayals of trump voters and supporters were the same.

they FAILED miserably and he was elected.

they continue here on ats, in main stream media and in the halls of congress/senate.
currently now in a supreme court nomination process.

they have and CONTINUE to fail.... You (despite your rants) to change the mind of voters and in fact bring more to trumps side or at the very least alienate them from yours.

again as clearly displayed in hillory loss....

you cant win with your tactics, its been proven but you (and to be fair other anti trump supporters) cannot accept that and continue to double down

instead of being ADULTS and presenting a candidate and/or platform that people want to vote for.

yet you continue to claim your in the majority and will win guaranteed.

your rantings at this point are best described by Shakespeare o so long ago

"I think the lady protest too much"

Scrounger

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Feel better now? Going back to your echo chamber to recharge?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

I know that I am late to this thread, and I am an independent, but like Trump, to immediately admit.

To reason with a Trump supporter?

I think it is easy to reason with a Trump supporter if you are independent, or if you are already a Trump supporter.

If you are too far to the left … you might be too liberal to reason at all, and if you are in that class, you will never 'reason' really, even with a Trump supporter.

So this is a very interesting question of a thread

It is fascinating to see people who claim to be 'the most rational' acting so unreasonably.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm just going to say this.

Actions speak louder than words. MUCH LOUDER.

Trump has given us the best US economy in decades. Trump has not gotten us into any wars, but has effectively crushed Isis.

Trump has actually started a peace process with North Korea, when nearly everyone thought that was impossible.

To me anyone arguing Trump is a bad president is the idiot that can't be reasoned with.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Just being a daily lurker I knew who started this tread before even clicking on it. I was right.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You can’t get to his position without being an insider, I don’t know why people think he’s somehow different..

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeanH
You can’t get to his position without being an insider, I don’t know why people think he’s somehow different..

show me one presidental candidate, JUST ONE that has the vitrol , party leaders, liberals, democrats and main stream media that he has.

when he went to the convention the attempts to derail the will of the party VOTERS by hook or crook?

one with had such BS polling showing him loosing up to and even day of election.

show me one that has had the vitrol of the left and the main stream press almost EVERY DAY .

when you can provide FACTS of this then tell us how he is such an "insider" with approval of those controling insiders.

scrounger

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You don't want to reason with them though, you want them to stop caring about every single thing that made them abhor Hillary and vote for Don.
I am sure some put their X in the box despite having some misgivings, they voted for what was the most palatable of the choices available to them.

Stop being so dramatic else you are never going to get a thread with an actual debate in it, just page after page of insults. Is that really what you want?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Straight off I’m not a yank but it looks like you just stuck some memes together and called it a thread to wind ppl up .....just comes across as the same old story - you don’t think the same as me so your an idiot

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The trolling is strong with this OP!

p.s. - voted for both Pbama twice and Trump once, so leave your broad brush political hate baiting nonsense where it belongs...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I do recall how absolutely joyous many of The Trumpet supporters were to have forced this chucklehead on us.

It was as if the fact another election was stolen, it must be celebrated. It reminded me of The Elite whoopty doing about another tax cut designed for them. Principles had nothing to do with their happiness. They sought revenge upon those who know they are scum.

Deplorable is too kind. They are people who revel in being bullies. Any advantage they have or gain is used to immediately cause suffering upon everyone else. What they fail to notice is that they are blowing their own chances to achieve a full life.

Since I am agnostic, I find the religious overtones to their baloney to be particularly offensive. Because they have beliefs, faith and opinions, based on complete BS (IMO (actually stance)), I am to 'understand' why they are so crude in their thinking. It's because they have a right to those stupid conventions 'I' and those like me must comply with 'THEIR' impositions.

They reside in a world of fantasy and they insist I join them. Screw that, they are stupid and without any firm basis for their actions. Being falsely judgmental and MEAN fits their personalities neatly. They MUST feel that they are correct because all of their reasons for being are a sham. Any detail that does not fit MUST be rejected. Otherwise they will flail about until they find another form of addiction.

They are junkies with a voter's ID. I'd rather have former felons voting then the obviously insane.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Funny, rude but relevant take on the premise of the op. The last five minutes in particular hit the nail right on the head.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Honestly I've followed you for a long time here; and we haven't always agreed with one another.

But this post was right on the head.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

You're from Tennessee? Me too mate. Whereabouts? And I sympathize with your point completely. Folks seem to forget that bipartisanism is not doing anybody any favors and no matter which side wins; the Elites who run this circus show, always do.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah, remind me again how crying about Trump 24/7 is "reasoning" with Trump supporters? All the left has DONE since his inauguration, is frantically grasp at straws out of desperation. Liberals don't like brutal honesty, because they prefer things sugarcoated for them.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

And did the right do anything less with Obama? No, they didn't. So in my opinion both sides look like idiots right now.

new topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join