It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow that’s a whole lot of projection right there.

Firstly, I am educated and credentialed.

Forget about me for a moment.... You must be a super genius. You were able to disseminate that our squadrons leadership was bad because one dumbass (substitute rwnj or trumpkin as you see fit) did what dumbasses do? On the other hand, we were under a republican commander in chief, so yes, the leadership was, in fact, poor. Kinda like a semi organized cluster f’k with nuclear weapons. Remember the guy that dropped the socket down the missile silo? I digress.

You haven’t dismantled anything. All you have done is create a false construct you in your head. Which is quite disconcerting when you think about it. You just laid your life’s story out there for a troll after all (your word not mine). Just think about this for minute trumpy boy. If some uneducated troll found it so easy to manipulate you. What could someone really smart do with you?

BTW... I meant to use the word mockery and not insults earlier. SO IT SHOULD HAVE STATED: trump supporters can’t be reasoned with so I get right to the mockery. And with that being said, I believe my work is done here.

a reply to: Arnie123

edit on 26-9-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: FamCore

Yup again not pretending this applies to all Trump supporters.

You will note that I don't say All trump supporters are impossible to reason with.

Actually I have said several times in this thread that I do believe there are a few on this very site who demonstrate a ability to see reason.

What a crock of #. Your thread title clearly states "If you could reason with Trump supporters"

You didn't have to say "all," as we all know exactly what you meant. You didn't say "some" so it's clear what you meant. No need to crawfish now.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just give them time. People are starting to wake up. Either they vanish from ATS completely or they make a thread about how there’s too many political threads.

Lol.

It’s kind of fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: CADpro
What color Jello do you like best with lunch...orange or green?

neither I always go with red.

Now, close your eyes and just grab a random glob and eat it. Notice the difference?

Wonder why that glob was crunchy? Well...that mental healthcare facility hasn't been inspected in a while for code issues & roach problem.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Your right. The beauty part of it... Jim Morrison (American) said it "His brain is squirming like a toad" .... thing is, it won't leave, his torment is for the duration. The second best part, it will be another four years in 2020. Stroke out Otherside.

a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Of course he lies. Prior to Donald Trump everyone readily admited that our elected officials lied with startling frequency. Now...it seems that only Trump lies. And he's a Russian shill. And he's obstructing the investigation. And he's a big dumb Cheetoh.

I've tried to have normal conversations with people about this stuff, and it never goes anywhere. That said, I usually find at least a little more logic and a little less trolling (statements meant to simply anger and not advance conversation) when discussing things with the average Trump supporter. But that is just my own personal experience and perception.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LSU2018

The ridiculousness of your memes is why you can't reason with us, you don't want to. The only way you'll ever find reason in us is if we drop all of our views and meet your demands.

Best part is you saying it's like trying to explain to a creationist what the Big Bang was when they think the Earth is 6,000 years old. About a hundred people think the Earth is only that old. Perhaps the problem is you and not everyone else, eh?

Well done, your post is a great example of what the op is getting at.

I actually don't think a lot of them have bothered to read the OP because rather a lot of them seem to be making my point for me.

No doubt , you have raised a few blood pressures across the U.S.

yeah I am starting to get that impression.

You write a quick thread over lunch and somewhere in Texas someone has to up their blood pressure meds.

The internet is a funny place eh?

I wonder if someone should check on LSU2018 actually....

I'm not in Texas. Though I agree with you that the internet is funny. You've contradicted yourself, proven yourself wrong, unknowingly solved your own problem, and managed to pick up a few stragglers on your coattail all in one thread. For that I say congrats. I've gotten a good laugh watching the majority of the posters in this thread prove you wrong. The egg is all over your face.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The fatal flaw in this OP is that you actually believe you have "reason" on your side. Newsflash, you're no more or less 'reasonable' than anybody on the right. Until you can see that you'll get nowhere.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow such a bul shi thread. Trump supporters call him out all the time.

i have written threads on ATS calling him out. When he talked about "just taking some people guns without due process" we called him out.

Its the trump haters that will never give him any credit when he does something good.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Meh, well were I can I do try not to be brushing everyone with the same brush, I know that I don't always manage that in the heat of a quick response but I don't mean to brush all with the same brush.

Like I have said several times I know that there are some Trump supporters for whom this thread does not apply to.

I hope that clarifies that for you.

You consciously posted a meme saying if you could reason with trump supporters, there wouldnt be any.

That is not a slip up in the heat of responding, that was a conscious choice on your part.

Somehow I find your trying to wriggle out of what you did in the OP to be more distasteful than the OP itself.

If you want to insult entire groups of people, at least own up to it.

Dude you can believe it or not.

I do not mean that all Trump supporters cannot be reasoned with.

I am sorry but A meme saying "you can't reason with most (but not all) Trump supporters otherwise there wouldn't be many (not zero) Trump supporters"

it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Just stop. You're digging your hole deeper and you're not even a part of our politics. You don't live here to see how great America's economy is. Maybe you're jealous. Is that it?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So, to summarize, Trump supporters are ignorant and unable to be reasoned with by someone as enlightened, open-minded, and logical as the OP because if they were as enlightened, open-minded, and logical as the OP they would easily be swayed to believe that Trump should immediately be what...impeached? Even if the OP were able with his/her smooth, intelligent, logical reasoning to convince the millions of obtuse Trump voters that they were all wrong and stupid and gullible to vote for him, he would still be President for another 2 years.

Basically, the OP is baiting the great stupid unwashed bible-clinging gun-loving deplorables to argue with him/her so that s/he can say, “see how stupid and wrong they are that someone, as intelligent and logical as I am, can’t convince them of how stupid and wrong they are.”

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Now...it seems that only Trump lies.

It's just Trump makes it so obvious and frequent. What bothers me is seeing people deny it. Something is going wrong with society. A corrupt government will only get worse if people allow it.

(post by CADpro removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have to ask this question even if it gets me into trouble...
Op, are you being paid to constantly post threads against the President?
I have been hearing about people being paid to sow seeds of division
among the population.I am not referring to this web site!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Yes, your work is done, been done and shown to have failings on many levels.

Yes, I am a super genius. When said leadership, the assumption was "command leadership" of said unit, not POTUS, but you're not that smart so I won't forgive you on that, that or piss poor NCOs.

Oh and not projection, truth, you said it, not me 🤣

...and once again you are reiterating your poor command leadership as well as some extra info that doesn't help your case followed by some BS sitcom quip, that television education again 😒

No false constructs, reality. You? An echo chamber in serious need of some shattering.

I don't believe your educated or credentialed, considering your responses, I'm actually surprised the Armed Services allowed you in, must have had a nice recruiter looking to meet his numbers 😌
edit on 26-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Truth.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Truth again.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have honestly seen Trump supporters who genuinely believe that Obama’s birth certificate isn’t authentic yet have no problem with Trump not releasing his tax returns.

Obama's first visit to Kenya after leaving the Presidency...Admits that he is a Native born Kenyan, the first to be President of the U.S. Besides a whole team of FBI agents proved that his Birth Certificate was a forgery and they were able to pull it apart layer by layer because it was made in a paint program. Just because CNN didn't show it, doesn't mean its not real.

He is a fake and always has been. AS far as Trump supporters being stubborn....no comparison to Democrats and their insanity, so I don't know what you;re talking about. I could fill this entire forum with Liberal insanity and pigheadedness. Have you ever seen a video where Liberals are protesting (usually they don't even know WHY they're protesting), if a Conservative asks them legitimate questions and get them in a bind...all they do is chant mantras because they don't have an answer for why they're even there and they don't even know why they are protesting. This is common. If they knew why they were there...they could intelligently debate and answer questions, but alas, all they do it just chant mantras. THAT is being hard-headed.

edit on 26-9-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'd just like to know one thing. You hate Trump and his supporters. Cool. But how do you seperate the Trump supporters from those that don't necessarily support Trump, but rather genuinely hate the people that hate Trump because of their Leftist leanings?

Or do you even bother to make the distinction?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Now...it seems that only Trump lies.

It's just Trump makes it so obvious and frequent. What bothers me is seeing people deny it. Something is going wrong with society. A corrupt government will only get worse if people allow it.

At least Trump supporters admit he lies. Whenever Obama lied you could not get a single Obama supporter to just admit that he flat out lied even if you linked to a video of him doing it.

The best you could ever hope for in that scenario was that they would claim that circumstances changed and forced him to change his position. They would never admit that he intentionally lied when it was completely obvious that he did. And it wasn't just random liberal voters who wouldn't go there. It was the vast majority of the MSM doing it too. When Obama lied it was like it never happened and if you were one random guy on the internet trying to point out that it actually did happen, you were completely invisible.

Trump gets called out on his lies every day. Obama lied with impunity.
edit on 26-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Op, are you being paid to constantly post threads against the President?

Its a funny thing this....

I have written 3 thread this month on Trump, none of them really all that noteworthy.

I think the thing is that I do tend to write threads that are rather more provocative and get a bit more attention by their nature. If you look at it though in comparison with some members who can write a few threads a day on Trump I actually write very little.

Furthermore I have also written threads that are slightly more supportive of trump or critical of the left.

You don't like what I write, I get that, but no, one does not need to be paid to speak out against Trump.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

At least Trump supporters admit he lies.

The issue is most of them don't. There are threads here where people go to the extreme claiming he isn't.

I would like to see all leaders held to a standard of truth and everyone holding leaders to it.
edit on 9/26/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join