It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Because just like they want Kavanaugh to prove his innocence after he is the accused one, it's up to us to prove that we're able to be reasoned with after being accused of being unreasonable.

Not the first time of guilty until proven innocent.

The entire reason d'etre for gun control and the background check.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They are called hypocrickets for a reason.

Once you point out their hypocrisy, all you can hear is crickets.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I’m pretty sure you meant to say elicit emotions. We I took a liberty in my analogy as I imagined, like most trump supporters, you have never served. So how about a real life example? All of us are yelling at a member of our squad to not pick up an unexploded ordinace (ground burst simulator) from the night before (simulated attack when we were in training) what does he do? Walks up to it, picks it up, and it promptly blows the skin off of his hand and burns his face badly. Sorry pal these people aren’t made up. They are called trump supporters. a reply to: Arnie123

edit on 26-9-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: neo96
Stop baiting people.

I am not baiting I am making a pretty serious point.

Many of you are impossible to reason with.

As I said in the OP trying to tell a Trump supporter that he's actually not some infallible deity is like trying to tell a 3 year old nephew that Santa isn't real.

I think that I have read volumes of posts right here of Trump supporters (including myself) trying to tell you all the hundreds of reasons they support him and why they do not like who you support.

Dude, give it up.

To you, it seems, that reason only applies to what you think.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There are always unreasonable people in any discussion. But all people aren’t unreasonable .
That’s life and politics isn’t always the vehicle .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Jefferton

The problem with that is that Democrats were against the civil rights movement and freeing the slaves. So how does repubs= racist?

They don't care.

They ignore inconvenient truths because it doesn't fit their narrative.

That party should be banned like confederate flags, and monuments all things being equal.

Heh, never thought of that. Absolutely effing genius, my friend!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Stop baiting people.

I am not baiting I am making a pretty serious point.

Many of you are impossible to reason with.

As I said in the OP trying to tell a Trump supporter that he's actually not some infallible deity is like trying to tell a 3 year old nephew that Santa isn't real.

I think that I have read volumes of posts right here of Trump supporters (including myself) trying to tell you all the hundreds of reasons they support him and why they do not like who you support.

Dude, give it up.

To you, it seems, that reason only applies to what you think.

Agree with me or you’re not reasonable. Here’s some MediaMatters talking points to prove my point.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

The orange wave is coming dude.

Watch out

Do you ever add anything or just like being Jerry Springer and throwing the chair in the middle of the fight?

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

a reply to: Jefferton

The problem with that is that Democrats were against the civil rights movement and freeing the slaves. So how does repubs= racist?

Still using that tired misrepresentation fact?

Cute, but still incorrect.

This is why revised history is bad. You don't even understand the political parties as they were during the civil rights act. Sad.

link   

I have honestly seen Trump supporters who genuinely believe that Obama’s birth certificate isn’t authentic yet have no problem with Trump not releasing his tax returns. They believe Obama is Kenyan based on some pretty funky “evidence”, yet they don’t think there is anything wrong with Trump breaking his promise to release his tax returns. Not only that but these same people will come up with some of the most astounding rational for him not releasing said tax returns.

I am not a Trump supporter -- although I don't dislike him any more or less than Obama -- and I totally think Trump should release some fraudulent tax records, which clearly don't conform to published IRS regulations, and then NOT authorize the IRS to verify their authenticity. That will force Trump detractors to just have to *trust* him.

I think that would be fabulous.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I’m pretty sure you meant to say elicit emotions. We I took a liberty in my analogy as I imagined, like most trump supporters, you have never served. So how about a real life example? All of us are yelling at a member of our squad to not pick up an unexploded ordinace (ground burst simulator) from the night before (simulated attack when we were in training) what does he do? Walks up to it, picks it up, and it promptly blows the skin off of his hand and burns his face badly. Sorry pal these people aren’t made up. They are called trump supporters. a reply to: Arnie123

Can you please put that into English for us non babblese speaking folks?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: avgguy

The parties were completely different back over a hundred years ago. Go out and find a few of those democrats today.....
they will be with the ladies wearing hoop skirts and pantelettes. Next to the carriage with the team of four.

That's why the Clinton/Gore pins in the 90's had Confederate Flags on them, eh?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What are they serving for lunch today? I'll guess it's chicken. Do you like chicken?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Once again, low information voter, too much of a broadstroke.

I served in the US Army as a 74D. I am morally fit and competent to perform my duties.

Your example of some dumbass soldier burning his hands off is, just bad and an example of your units inability to train its soldiers well and properly, blame your leadership, not the soldiers like for POTUS.

Because that's what it is, he likes POTUS and in doing so, messes up everything in life🤣

Your a joke an like the movies and docs you watch for education, none of it is real.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well yeah, I have a problem. The guys a moron that is leading the lemmings (you included it seems) right off a cliff. And no amount of reasoning is going to change your feeling towards him. a reply to: Arnie123

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yup, I know a rather emotive meme, but I think it perfectly articulates the point I want to make in this thread about the folly of trying to reason with a Trump supporter. I see this quite a bit and if I am honest I used to even give it a shot myself but I have realised that actually for a lot of Trump supporters trying to reason with them, explaining to them Trumps flaws is a bit like trying to explain the big bang theory to a creationist who believes the earth has only existed for 6000 years.

It’s a bit like this….

I have honestly seen Trump supporters who genuinely believe that Obama’s birth certificate isn’t authentic yet have no problem with Trump not releasing his tax returns. They believe Obama is Kenyan based on some pretty funky “evidence”, yet they don’t think there is anything wrong with Trump breaking his promise to release his tax returns. Not only that but these same people will come up with some of the most astounding rational for him not releasing said tax returns.

We see this kind of logic time and time again with a selection of Trump supporters, they believe that Obama was a homosexual whose wife was a man….ohh but ask them about anything to do with Russia and links to Trump and its all FAKE NEWS!!!!

Bill Clinton was a serial rapist, Hillary and co where running Pizzagate and they left a trail of dead bodies in their wake but ask them what they think about Trumps history with women then they would have you believe he is a perfect gentleman. Lets just ignore underage sex parties he attended, the affairs with prostitutes and don't even ask about pee-gate

The other day the world was literally laughing in Trumps face at the UN and to his supporters they were not laughing at him but laughing with him….nah, they were laughing him.

It is impossible to reason with people like this, and there are so many of them that all congratulate each other on being more ignorant than the next in their blind loyalty to Trump that the effect seems to get more and more concentrated and I actually believe now that they really do believe that Trump is somehow infallible. Like anything he says or does is somehow defensible or excusable.

Now trying to have a reasoned debate with a Trump supporter goes a bit like this….

So when you really drill down and back them into a corner this happens…..

Shorty followed by their buddies all showing up and announcing that basically anyone who does not see Lord Trump as the perfect being being he is must be a moron….

In the end one has to conclude that yes, if you could actually reason with a Trump supporter and they would actually listen then there would probably be a lot less of them.

Whats also funny is how they like to pretend that its folk like me that are the triggered snowflakes when they discombobulate at the slightest of criticisms levelled at Lord Trump. Honestly look at the language some of them use, its almost as if they seem to believe that they are not the ones crying like children overtime someone has the audacity to point out that actually Trump is acting more like and more like president Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

Meh I am getting a bit fed up of it, there is zero point in trying to reason with these people and thats not an admission of defeat on anyone issue rather its a damnation of their state of mind. I have never seen such blind loyalty towards a politician, a few cult leaders, sure, but never to someone who looks like a giant orange scrotum and who seems to think with his toadstool and bank balance over the country while also trying to find ways to worm his way out of every stupid scandal he manages to create for himself.

Of course, the entire premise of this thread is flawed... the big assumption is that liberals actually know how to have an intelligent and logical conversation. So no, they cannot reason with Trump supporters as liberals don't have the intellectual horsepower to do so.

Next question...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well yeah, I have a problem. The guys a moron that is leading the lemmings (you included it seems) right off a cliff. And no amount of reasoning is going to change your feeling towards him. a reply to: Arnie123

Then thats your own personal problem, cut the broadstrokes out, get educated and reassess your previous Unit for bad training and leadership.

None of it was caused by POTUS, you just don't like him, cool, just don't broadstroke BS and lie

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Both left and right can’t be reasoned with. This is probably why politics. Nobody wants to give an inch.

I beg to differ.

Like I said in the OP the kind of loyalty that comes from Trump supporters I have never seen before for any other politician.

Hillary Supporters are far worse than Trump Supporters. Either you know that and are being disingenuous. Or you refuse to believe it and you are worse than the people you call out in your OP.

If Trump is actually found guilty of a crime Trump Supporters will own it and respect whatever the rightful legal outcome is.

Hillary supporters are still supporting a woman who deleted subpoenaed evidence. She is guilty of several crimes but you can't even get her supporters to acknowledge her guilt. The funny thing, she was either to stupid to understand what wiping a hard drive was, which makes her unfit to handle classified information, or a blatant liar.

The crying from the left about how bad Trump is. Calling illegal things that are not illegal. Calling treason things that are not treason. Claiming collusion when there was no collusion. The right is guilty without evidence and without trial. You even posted things in your OP about Trump assuming guilt without a trial.

Many of the Anti-Trump crowd are outright delsusional.

Most Trump Supporters are patriots who don't expect perfection. We expect results, which he continues to deliver.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I guess you have never watched a horror movie. There is always that one person who can’t be reasoned with. Everyone tells them not to go outside. But they go out anyway and suffer the consequences, that is the perfect example of what the op is trying to relate. a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think we are misusing the term "reason". Its actually very close to "logic", which doesn't seem to be part of either sides arguments. An example that pertains to the OP is the continued insistence that Mueller has Trump nailed for obstruction. Mueller has flatly denied such, and chastised the press for pursuing that.

Its actually not "reason" to cheer for the failure of your president, which is what I see. That is the most unreasonable thing I can think of, actually. Its like the passengers on the Titanic cheering for the captain to hit an iceberg.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If Trump is actually found guilty of a crime Trump Supporters will own it and respect whatever the rightful legal outcome is.

Huh. They won't even own up to the BS and lies he tells. No way it would happen.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join