It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Could Reason with Trump Supporters….

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You check out the why must he defend everything thread?

It was pretty good.

Then defending why they defend.
And some deflection too.

Let's say every past president was terrible. Just for fun.

That does not mean everything he says or does is good. But they will defend him anyway.
I've never seen it before. Crazy times

Thats just it, everything he does is good, its the best the very best. It just looks bad and that where its brilliant, this is where the master 4D chess comes into play.

He's brought black unemployment to lows never seen before. Unemployment to historic lows. Jobs at historic highs. Economy at historic highs. Record breaking stock market due to confidence. Lower taxes. At what point does any of that look bad?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
Bless Your Heart
Lol..... say it again....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Trump is only trying to bring some class and recreation to other perhaps less fortunate parts of the world...

www.bloomberg.com...

Trump’s Golf Misadventure in the Scottish Dunes

The phrase, "all politics is local" comes to mind here.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why is OP trying to ride the wave of yesterday's thread?

Why do we continue to entertain this troll?

Why does the left suck so bad at memeing?

Why do I have to brush my teeth?

What is the point of wearing socks?

Please help.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Grambler

Well next time how about I put a little clause in my OP just for you each time to say "I in no way mean any of this applies to all Trump supporters"

Would that help because it seems like no matter how many times I tell you that I don't mean all Trump supporters you still get your panties all in a twist.

My panties arent in a twist atv all.

You said it was s starwman, it wasnt.

And despite your ridiculous efforst to make the op seem reasonable, igt was a clear attempt to insult trump supportes.

Saying "Oh but there are a few that are ok" doesnt make it reasonable all of the sudden.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hilarious.

You call it "impossible to reason with" when in reality its just that they don't agree with you, and your arguements aren't compelling enough to change it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe it's not the Trump supporters that are unreasonable.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Why are you trying to push this idea that I am pretending that all Trump supporters are unreasonable.

I have said it time and time again, I do not mean "All" Trump supporters I do not use that phase in the OP, I deliberately avoid trying to claim that All trump supporters are like this.

Just seems like you want to push this straw-man upon me, pretend I am making a claim that I am not for....reasons?

You posted if you could reason with trump supporters, there wouldnt be any of them.

Also from your op

"I want to make in this thread about the folly of trying to reason with a Trump supporter."

meme "trying to reason with a trump supporter"

"The other day the world was literally laughing in Trumps face at the UN and to his supporters they were not laughing at him but laughing with him….nah, they were laughing him."

" if you could actually reason with a Trump supporter and they would actually listen then there would probably be a lot less of them."

None of those examples say some or most trump supporters.

Its not a strawman when you did it.

Your op was designed to insult and troll trump supporters, and you are so unable to defend that that you have to act like you were actually engaged in a reasonable effort to encourage productive conversation and critical thinking

This, spot on Grambler.

Exposed and what it comes down to:

Your OP was designed to insult and troll Trump supporters, and you are so unable to defend that, that you have to act like you were actually engaged in a reasonable effort to encourage productive conversation and critical thinking.

*Mic drop

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thank you for proving my point. From what I have read and learned from documentaries. Trump supporters can’t be reasoned with just like hitler supporters couldn’t be reasoned with. If you ask a reasonable person who has never heard of trump the following question I imagine the the most common answer is easy to figure. Is an serial adulterer who has declared bankruptcy 7 times qualified to be president of the United States? Most reasonable people would say hell no. A trump sycophant will say bbbbbut Clinton.... or it was only 6 bankruptcies, like that makes all okay, sigh. Hypocrites that are As dumb as hoe handles, the whole lot of em.

a reply to: Arnie123

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

a reply to: DBCowboy

I do appreciate you asking the question but its not really the topic of this thread and its something I have addressed quite often in previous threads.

Actually pretty sure I wrote an entire thread on it.

So you just want to talk about people, you cant talk with??

How can you make reason with anybody, if youre not prepared to talk with them, but only want everybody else to know how wrong they are, and how they shouldnt try to talk to them, cause you cant reason with them.

Is that youre agenda, to try convince people they shouldnt even listen to what a trump supporter have to say?

You dont like free speech?

Because just like they want Kavanaugh to prove his innocence after he is the accused one, it's up to us to prove that we're able to be reasoned with after being accused of being unreasonable.

Typical liberal games that everybody outside of the liberal circle rolls their eyes at.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would like to try that but i am not very good at conventional ways of reasoning. They may think it is my english.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I guess you have never watched a horror movie. There is always that one person who can’t be reasoned with. Everyone tells them not to go outside. But they go out anyway and suffer the consequences, that is the perfect example of what the op is trying to relate. a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Thank you for proving my point. From what I have read and learned from documentaries. Trump supporters can’t be reasoned with just like hitler supporters couldn’t be reasoned with. If you ask a reasonable person who has never heard of trump the following question I imagine the the most common answer is easy to figure. Is an serial adulterer who has declared bankruptcy 7 times qualified to be president of the United States? Most reasonable people would say hell no. A trump sycophant will say bbbbbut Clinton.... or it was only 6 bankruptcies, like that makes all okay, sigh. Hypocrites that are As dumb as hoe handles, the whole lot of em.

a reply to: Arnie123

Oh? So that must be it, the documentaries, what a joke.

You're post is a PRIME example of why we can't reason with Trump haters.
You literally outed yourself, you have an issue with POTUS and thus reject him and all supporters.

So in other words, you're a low information voter and are easily lead to the trough. Don't take offense to that, its a real thing 😌

You're inability to reason beyond what you THINK you know is why you fail at every response to me.

In other words, you already have your mind made up, of all the liberal BS, make some excuse as to why you can't reason with Trump supporters and never actually try to reasom with them.

More so, the vast majority of what you post is Anti Trump and demostrated zero attempt at reasoning.

So, no, I didn't prove your point, you only proved mine with your post and responses 😌
edit on 26-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Liberals trying to reason with Trump supporters is like kids trying to reason with their parents about why they shouldn't have to go to school or do homework.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I guess you have never watched a horror movie. There is always that one person who can’t be reasoned with. Everyone tells them not to go outside. But they go out anyway and suffer the consequences, that is the perfect example of what the op is trying to relate. a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No, that would be just a scripted movie to illicit emotions.

You don't get education from watching movies 🙄

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
His college roommate says he was a belligerent, blackout drunk. Others have said he attempted to rape them. I say, how about performing an independent investigation and let the chips fall where they may? I feel that is a very reasonable opinion. . a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

His college roommate says he was a belligerent, blackout drunk. Others have said he attempted to rape them. I say, how about performing an independent investigation and let the chips fall where they may? I feel that is a very reasonable opinion. . a reply to: LSU2018

In this case, NO.

It's a tactic to stall the nomination process, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Liberals trying to reason with Trump supporters is like kids trying to reason with their parents about why they shouldn't have to go to school or do homework.

Lmfao, yeah no kidding right. Do we have to count to THREE to give the impression that a whooping is around the corner???

Make them get their own switch, lol.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Stop baiting people.

I am not baiting I am making a pretty serious point.

Many of you are impossible to reason with.

As I said in the OP trying to tell a Trump supporter that he's actually not some infallible deity is like trying to tell a 3 year old nephew that Santa isn't real.

All because someone does not accept your version of reality that does not make them unreasonable or "impossible to reason with".
If you believe reasoning means to roll over and accept mostly nonsensical arguments then yes, I guess some of us are impossible to reason with.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The thing about anti-Trumpers is that they don’t know what reason is. They try to pretend they are above Trump and most of their supporters, but when challenged, they melt and return to the tactics we’ve all grown accustomed to.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join