It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump urged Spain to 'build the wall' – across the Sahara

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There was a wall in place....it was called Libya....and it worked extremely well

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
This was last week's hit-piece. Get with the times OP!

Another nothing burger then. Par for the course.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
There was a wall in place....it was called Libya....and it worked extremely well

Then someone sodomised their leader with a pointy stick and everyone was liberated.

How glorious!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Before you posted this you did see the difference in Spain and the Sahara? just like always copy and paste article from liberal BS,weak dude

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Um...Spain and the Sahara aren't on the same CONTINENTS,

You do understand much of the illegal migrants come from Sub-Saharan Africa right? Below the Sahara. Yes they are not on the same continent, but the Sahara is a vast desert and forms a natural barrier in route to Spain and the Medit....

....you know what forget it.

I do understand...referencing N.Sahara, N.Africa, Morroco...across the water at the Straits of Gibralter to Portugal...above which is Spain...

The route I get, his reference? I don't think he does...

Thanks!

Wow im amazed how bad many of you are on geography. Spain has land in africa in fact they have two cities that are having a major problem with illegal immigrants. In africa there is a city called Melilla the other is Ceuta. Both actually have a border fence to keep out africans problem is the border fence can be climbed and of course cut through. They constantly have to repair the fences.

And just so you guys know Spain is currently considering building a wall instead and from what ive been reading its a good idea. See the EU has a strange policy if a country rejects a refugee they are returned to the first country in the EU where they entered. This means when refugees enter these two cities and travel to say germany. If Germany refuses them citizenship they are returned to spain.

So spain has a huge refugee problem as they try to figure out what to do with these people. Certain countries bordering africa get a really bad deal as all these other countries ship them refugees.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree...thanks for the smile!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Um...Spain and the Sahara aren't on the same CONTINENTS,

You do understand much of the illegal migrants come from Sub-Saharan Africa right? Below the Sahara. Yes they are not on the same continent, but the Sahara is a vast desert and forms a natural barrier in route to Spain and the Medit....

....you know what forget it.

I do understand...referencing N.Sahara, N.Africa, Morroco...across the water at the Straits of Gibralter to Portugal...above which is Spain...

The route I get, his reference? I don't think he does...

Thanks!

Wow im amazed how bad many of you are on geography. Spain has land in africa in fact they have two cities that are having a major problem with illegal immigrants. In africa there is a city called Melilla the other is Ceuta. Both actually have a border fence to keep out africans problem is the border fence can be climbed and of course cut through. They constantly have to repair the fences.

And just so you guys know Spain is currently considering building a wall instead and from what ive been reading its a good idea. See the EU has a strange policy if a country rejects a refugee they are returned to the first country in the EU where they entered. This means when refugees enter these two cities and travel to say germany. If Germany refuses them citizenship they are returned to spain.

So spain has a huge refugee problem as they try to figure out what to do with these people. Certain countries bordering africa get a really bad deal as all these other countries ship them refugees.

G'day Dragonrdr...I knew this, know it...there are world maps! My statements were more "tongue in cheek" of the obvious...Let me re-address...

As with this tiny area of Spain...would a wall in Mexico stop the zillions of tunnels dozens or hundreds of feet below it that are there now or they continue to build?

Would it be effectual to build a wall dividing the island countries of the Dominican Republic/Haiti? (same island).

How about building a huge, 1,000's of long over the mountains, rivers and lakes wall dividing Canada/U.S.? (same land Mass)..

Did it do any good to put a wall dividing Berlin Germany into east & west?

Even the biblical walled city of Jerico?

Even tho I DO support building the Mex-U.S. wall...none of them were/are/may not be...very effectual in the long run...for the walls themselves.

They all fall down eventually...and a simularily small section of a country as we're speaking of with Spain? Laughingly, same issues.

Those insistent on getting in..will just go around, under or up and down from elsewhere.

Walls don't separate people...people separate people.

Thanks...best, MS

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I didn't know Spain had a "Sahara border" unless you count water.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Then someone sodomised their leader with a pointy stick and everyone was liberated.

How glorious!

We came. We saw. He Died! Guffaw!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Digging a tunnel requires a lot of effort. Especially to do so unnoticed.

So that's like saying "there's no point in having any sort of barrier because they can just invent Iron Man suits and fly over and shoot all of us".

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

OK ill play first you mention tunnels ever try to dig a tunnel in a desert? Not alot of tunnels are built because it requires a lot of concrete.

Then you go off on some tangent about walls not stoping people all i say is tell that to berliners. They were separated for decades by a wall that was very successful as only a couple of people managed to get across to freedom. Walls have been used for centuries to keep people out if they were not effective they wouldn't be built yet oddly we have gated communities all over who rely on walls to keep people out.

Now i will say a wall is only effective if you have people to maintain it and watch for people trying to get over your wall. This is what happened to China the great wall was only effective as long as they had the troops to manage it. For Spain a border wall makes sense just the money they spend on refugees would make it worth it. The other thing is if the need arises it can help defend their cities since northern Africa tends to be an explosive region.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Digging a tunnel requires a lot of effort. Especially to do so unnoticed.

So that's like saying "there's no point in having any sort of barrier because they can just invent Iron Man suits and fly over and shoot all of us".

1st-There are pre-existing tunnels, drug or otherwise from Mexico to here...and 2nd? Little or no effort to use the hundreds of tunnels already in place in Mexico, the US, N.K., Afganistan nor Iran for that matter. We know they are there now...
Walls didn't fair well for Solomon's or Herods Temple or Jerusalem, Jerico or Berlin (where more than a few did get out).

Build the walls..I support the effort 'cause at least it's something...
edit on 27-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

*See other reply above. Thanks for playing!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join