It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump urged Spain to 'build the wall' – across the Sahara

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ol' Donny is passing on his important knowledge on how to stop illegal immigrants to Spain... because well you know... it's working swell here.

Donald Trump suggested the Spanish government tackled the Mediterranean migration crisis by emulating one of his most famous policies and building a wall across the Sahara desert, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Josep Borrell, the US president brushed off the scepticism of Spanish diplomats – who pointed out that the Sahara stretched for 3,000 miles – saying: “The Sahara border can’t be bigger than our border with Mexico.”

Source

Nevermind the natural borders of the vast Saharan desert, as well as the Mediterranean which tend to be fairly dangerous to cross. Nevermind the fact this guy can't even get a wall going domestically, through a congress controlled by his own party.

I don't know.... maybe this is some more of his 4D chess playing ya know? It's all connected to some bigger scheme ya know? He's not just some idiot, surely.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Wow. That's pretty dumb. I wonder what Trump will say about this if it hits the headlines.

I'm actually agreeing with you for once. There must be a disturbance in the force.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Lol… Call him the “Wall president” and then tell him that removing of “Berlin wall” was equal to “end of the cold war”.

Remember that “narcissistRUMP, the brainless egomaniac”.

edit on 26 9 2018 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Ol' Donny is passing on his important knowledge on how to stop illegal immigrants to Spain... because well you know... it's working swell here.

Donald Trump suggested the Spanish government tackled the Mediterranean migration crisis by emulating one of his most famous policies and building a wall across the Sahara desert, the country’s foreign minister has revealed.

According to Josep Borrell, the US president brushed off the scepticism of Spanish diplomats – who pointed out that the Sahara stretched for 3,000 miles – saying: “The Sahara border can’t be bigger than our border with Mexico.”

Source

Nevermind the natural borders of the vast Saharan desert, as well as the Mediterranean which tend to be fairly dangerous to cross. Nevermind the fact this guy can't even get a wall going domestically, through a congress controlled by his own party.

I don't know.... maybe this is some more of his 4D chess playing ya know? It's all connected to some bigger scheme ya know? He's not just some idiot, surely.

Um...Spain and the Sahara aren't on the same CONTINENTS, rt? Unless they moved while I was asleep.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Um...Spain and the Sahara aren't on the same CONTINENTS,

You do understand much of the illegal migrants come from Sub-Saharan Africa right? Below the Sahara. Yes they are not on the same continent, but the Sahara is a vast desert and forms a natural barrier in route to Spain and the Medit....

....you know what forget it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The comment shows his total misunderstanding of the situation , unsurprising really.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

maybe this is some more of his 4D chess playing ya know?

Maybe this is more of why Rosenstein suggested the 25th?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Um...Spain and the Sahara aren't on the same CONTINENTS,

You do understand much of the illegal migrants come from Sub-Saharan Africa right? Below the Sahara. Yes they are not on the same continent, but the Sahara is a vast desert and forms a natural barrier in route to Spain and the Medit....

....you know what forget it.

I do understand...referencing N.Sahara, N.Africa, Morroco...across the water at the Straits of Gibralter to Portugal...above which is Spain...

The route I get, his reference? I don't think he does...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This was last week's hit-piece. Get with the times OP!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Spain does extend a very short distance into Africa. Once they climb the fence there, they are in the EU.

I think Spain should build a wall, Mexico will pay for it.

Europe and Africa are merged into one big continent now. Don't know what you'd call it. Afropa? Eurica? It's like the Moors invading all over again. Probably take them hundreds of years to get them back outta there again.

edit on 26-9-2018 by toms54 because: add pics

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't know if that says more about the American people who elected him than it does trump.... since he is our commander in chief

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It worked !!

The comment set off the triggers in just the right places with just the right people.

💥😃Sun🤪Burn😃💥

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
From the article:

"Trump is thought to have made his frontier recommendation when Borrell accompanied King Felipe and Queen Letizia to the White House in June."

That's some crack pipe journalism right there. An article in September on something Trump may have said in June but they're not sure where it was said or what was said exactly and source it from a foreign news article.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
From the article:

"Trump is thought to have made his frontier recommendation when Borrell accompanied King Felipe and Queen Letizia to the White House in June."

That's some crack pipe journalism right there. An article in September on something Trump may have said in June but they're not sure where it was said or what was said exactly and source it from a foreign news article.

Hell, that's enough information to put a Judge in jail, why not Trump?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Except the Spanish foreign ministry confirmed he said what he said and where he said it , this week.

Borrell’scomments were made at a lunch event in Madrid this week and widely reported in the Spanish media. “We can confirm that’s what the minister said, but we won’t be making any further comment on the minister’s remarks,” said a spokesman for the foreign ministry.

No crack pipe just journalism.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah and we all know how credible and successful the Spanish foreign ministry is.

💥😃💥🎃💥

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: gortex

Yeah and we all know how credible and successful the Spanish foreign ministry is.

💥😃💥🎃💥

You may know but sadly I don't , perhaps you could expand on your comment and enlighten me as to why the Spanish foreign ministry is neither credible or successful.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

maybe this is some more of his 4D chess playing ya know?

Maybe this is more of why Rosenstein suggested the 25th?

Nop.

He did it because he was afraid of going to jail, actually.

Bu you can keep trying to find any other reasons. You still have 6 years left on the clock.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Trump does strike me as the type of guy to build on top of sand.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Trump again displays his vast ignorance which is as vast as the Great Wall of China!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join