It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lookout Australia!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
First off the bat, sorry for the clickbait...at the moment!

Media here in Aus are saying the F-35 are soon to be en route, similar to the UK thread can we get some heads up?

I usually go fishing near / under the Williamstown flightpath so fancy going to get some photo's of their arrival.

Will need to borrow a decent camera though so any heads up would be good!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They're saying by December, but word should be given at least several days ahead of them heading that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Media here in Aus are saying the F-35 are soon to be en route, similar to the UK thread can we get some heads up?

I usually go fishing near / under the Williamstown flightpath so fancy going to get some photo's of their arrival.

Waynos, who visits this thread quite often always gets great photo's, so maybe a pm to him might pay off for what type and any tips. I personally use a Canon, with Canon Telephoto. If you can get hold of a maybe a Canon 5D and a Canon 100-400 L series lens, you should get great results. But they aren't cheap

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
In Australia, it seems every article these days on the F-35 is extremely polarized, the recent articles have been very positive. But a week or two an extremely negative one came out. Worrying for our democracy.

And, pretty sure LM Aeronautics gave factory tours to a whole bunch of press, who are running with the story. RAAF/CASG has created their own media as well.

December 10th looks like the day. AU-9 (confirmed) and AU-10 (?). Block 3F jets of course and with the better looking / more uniform stealth coating.
December 2018 has been the set date for a very long time.

I hope they do a proper display at Avalon 2019!
edit on 26/9/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You sir are a good boyscout

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If they hit Amberly let us know.Will be great watch them flying over Moreton Bay from the beach.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There's a KC-30 in Phoenix, at Sky Harbor right now. He's been there several days now. I haven't been able to do much tracking beyond the day he arrived, but he's almost certainly doing AR training for the move. If I had to guess, I'd also say he's going to take parts and gear down with him when he heads home.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Bones have been very hush hush here..Not a peep since they arrived..

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Probably all broke. They had power on and flew.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nelloh62

originally posted by: Forensick

Waynos, who visits this thread quite often always gets great photo's, so maybe a pm to him might pay off for what type and any tips. I personally use a Canon, with Canon Telephoto. If you can get hold of a maybe a Canon 5D and a Canon 100-400 L series lens, you should get great results. But they aren't cheap

Thanks your right, they arent cheap! Sure someone at work is a photographer, I will drag them out with me!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

First two F-35A Joint Strike Fighters to land at Wiliamtown RAAF Base on December 10

www.portstephensexaminer.com.au...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Anyone want to meet for this?

And it's a good excuse for me to go surfing in NSW.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Event of the Decade
On the 10th December 2018 at 10am the first two F-35A's will officially arrive at RAAF Base Williamtown. Following an F-18 handling demonstration the two F-35A aircraft will be joined by an F-18 for a coastal transit to showcase the aircraft to the people of Newcastle before returning to Williamtown for an official ceremony.
Expect large crowds, reduced speeds and increased traffic in the local area - particularly along Medowie Rd. The traffic management plan includes additional off base parking for visitors. The Air Force is recommending avoiding the area in the morning.
Fighter World will be open from 8am to accommodate additional parking, both the museum and observation deck will be open from that time. The new cafe at Fighter World will be open offering hot coffee, cold drinks and breakfast.
The recommendation for those visiting to witness this historical event is to arrive early to avoid the crowds and traffic congestion.

Event from fighterworld.

Also more OCD, make sure to note the difference between Williamtown and Williamstown. The former is a suburb of Newcastle with an RAAF base, the latter is a suburb of Melbourne that (used to) build ships. And also the two Garden Islands, one is at Fleet Base West, one is at Fleet Base East. Getting these wrong triggers me right in the feels.
edit on 13/11/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Aaaahhh Williamtown.Memories of Air Cadets there.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
Yeah and I was one of those AIRTC cadets back in the mid to late 80's! Always loved the rice they served in the mess hall.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
Tempting offer to meet C0bzz but alas I'm on night shift in Sydney that day. Plus you know how these events tend to bring out the special kind of plane spotters. I was on a trade booth at Avalon in 09 when I had a big rotund guy come up to me claiming he worked for Boeing and was after a tie pin. Took me a couple of minutes to realize he wasn't legit while my colleague was giggling at my predicament. We saw him the next day as a security guard at the entrance, I have been scarred ever since.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ADIOS01 and 02, B-52s out of Guam had to overnight in Darwin. Their tankers, LULU23 and 24 had to abort after Qantas damaged the nose gear door pushing back 23.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
How the hell did we manage that? If they were KC-135's the front half is basically a 737 which we push around by the bucket load every day. The tow bar doesn't even impinge on the nose gear door at all and I cant see how you could hit it with a tug without punching a hole in the fuse first. I dont know anyone in Darwin so I cant immediately ask.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

No idea. That's the only thing they said about it. If it was the aft door, that makes it even more impressive. The -135s were at Sydney, the bombers went to Darwin.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/14/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Ok well I haven't heard anything as I'm off shift but if the 135's were in Sydney then I will find out and let you know. Might even see if there are any pictures I can get. There will be an investigation run on that, someones ass is going to get chewed for it, if it wasn't an unforeseen tow bar break.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join