It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate committee to hold conformation vote for Kavanaugh Friday at 9:30 am

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Seems to me that there is not enough evidence against Kavanaugh and His friends and the people who vetted Him never found anything pretty much means He will be voted through...

This woman’s credibility is very bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Seems to me that there is not enough evidence against Kavanaugh and His friends and the people who vetted Him never found anything pretty much means He will be voted through...

This woman’s credibility is very bad.

It's like the 63 people who Mueller investigated for helping Trump collude with Russia. It was (once again) another typical Democrat smear tactic. They'll pay for it BIG TIME in November.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This thing just keeps crazier. The Senate is in contact with a guy who claims he's responsible for the Ford situation.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: tinner07

I would say again, the winners of elections pick nominees, quit whining and win elections

It's great that you applaud people from Your Party stomping all over the Constitution, but you seem to be confused.

They're also my party - I just don't applaud their actions.

the goal of ATS is "deny ignorance"

right now Greven are you not only ignoring this goal, but putting forth by your comment ?"stomping all over the constitution" PROMOTING IGNORANCE....YOURS.

there is what the CONSTITUTION says

Appointments Clause is part of Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, which empowers the President of the United States to nominate, and with the advice and consent (confirmation) of the United States Senate, appoint public officials.

Let me point out

President NOMINATE a person to be a supreme court justice

SENATE ...CHOOSES if they want to OR REJECT have a hearing on the president nominee . they can choose TO OR NOT TO vote after the hearing to send it to the senate. they could VOTE TO STOP , CONTINUE , OR NOT EVEN HAVE A HEARING AT ALL... then the senate VOTES to confirm or not to.

No where does it say in the constitution THAT THEY HAVE TO START THE PROCESS WITH ANY PARTICULAR PERSON the president nominates.
Nor does it say ANY TIMETABLE THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW.

I ask you to PROVIDE EXACTLY WHERE THE SENATE has to do what your claiming...be a specific time frame, any person nominated by the president has to be given any consideration, that a hearing must be a set time, must allow anyone to testify or for that matter THAT THEY HAVE TO HAVE A HEARING AT ALL.

your continue cries of they must delay it in an election year or that they must go thought with it are NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY VIABLE.

so where is your PROOF in the SPECIFIC WORDS of the constitution?

In short its called SEPARATION OF POWERS

the presidents job is to nominate people .

the senate job is to DECIDE IF THEY WANT TO CONSIDER THEM OR NOT.

the president or any party IS NOT THE BOSS OF THE SENATE nor is the president under the senate.

if the president CHOOSES not to nominate anyone, the senate CANNOT order him to do so or demand he does it.

if the senate CHOOSES not to vote on or approve a president nominee HE CANT TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO.

get it now?

scrounger

I know what the Constitution says.

Why did McConnell cite the 'Biden rule' for indefinitely delaying Merrick Garland?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

You think Ford will go all Jack Ruby/Oswald on Kavanaugh?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
This thing just keeps crazier. The Senate is in contact with a guy who claims he's responsible for the Ford situation.

mobile.twitter.com...

I looked for that last night because a friend told me. I couldn't find any stories. Oh and that twitter had an advertisement someone found giving 25k to people who come forward to accuse Kav. So sick
edit on 27-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Breaking News: Two Quick Kavanaugh Votes Coming.

1. Judiciary Committee Votes on Friday.

2. If Confirmed Friday, the Full Senate Votes on Saturday.

edit on 9/27/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

KABOOM indeed! Q just affirmed that there's enough votes.

Ref: #2285 @ qntmpkts.keybase.pub...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Just announced: "WE HAVE THE VOTES!" (Kavanaugh does.)

SOURCE: townhall.com...

edit on 9/28/2018 by carewemust because: added attention getters

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Strange that the (not really a rule) 'Biden Rule' cited by McConnell as justification for blocking Merrick Garland's nomination during an election year doesn't apply to a Republican nominee during an election year.

Point of order - Presidential election. This is a mid-term election. If Ginsburg decides to leave/expire in 2020 we'll see how hypocritical they are.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That's a good find. And her planned trips. Mid Atlantic, New Zealand.

A Pilatus 12 ? Now that's small.

Not bad for someone who has a fear and is uncomfortable in confined spaces.

Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
WHY would the American Bar Association (ABA) demand at this last moment, that the Senate delay a confirmation vote until after a thorough FBI investigation be conducted?

Source: twitter.com...

Are they saying this for legal reasons or political reasons?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

WHY would the American Bar Association (ABA) demand at this last moment, that the Senate delay a confirmation vote until after a thorough FBI investigation be conducted?

Source: twitter.com...

Are they saying this for legal reasons or political reasons?

The reason why is a former president of the ABA is Carolyn Lamm a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of White & Case. The ABA is run out if DC law firms so does it really surprise you?

Guess who they represented today in the hearing. The organization is run out of DC so all its officers and board members know all the DC lawyers. The DC bar often hosts the ABA as well.
edit on 9/28/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Wow! I'm surprised the ABA waited until the night before Kavanaugh's committee vote to make this demand. Most of the MSM outlets are picking it up like a big friggin deal. Smells like desperation.

Speaking of desperation, I bet a 30 year-old woman, and her attorney, shows up on CNN and MSNBC in the next 24 hours, claiming that she was conceived during a rape. Wanna guess who the rapist was?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Strange that the (not really a rule) 'Biden Rule' cited by McConnell as justification for blocking Merrick Garland's nomination during an election year doesn't apply to a Republican nominee during an election year.

A Midterm election year does not qualify.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Point of order - Presidential election. This is a mid-term election. If Ginsburg decides to leave/expire in 2020 we'll see how hypocritical they are.

Do folks really think that a gal who was a teenager when the Roswell crash happened, will be around in 2020?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Do folks really think that a gal who was a teenager when the Roswell crash happened, will be around in 2020?

I'm not sure Ginsburg will live to see the end of 2018. She looks like she's barely hanging on now.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: tinner07

I would say again, the winners of elections pick nominees, quit whining and win elections

It's great that you applaud people from Your Party stomping all over the Constitution, but you seem to be confused.

They're also my party - I just don't applaud their actions.

the goal of ATS is "deny ignorance"

right now Greven are you not only ignoring this goal, but putting forth by your comment ?"stomping all over the constitution" PROMOTING IGNORANCE....YOURS.

there is what the CONSTITUTION says

Appointments Clause is part of Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, which empowers the President of the United States to nominate, and with the advice and consent (confirmation) of the United States Senate, appoint public officials.

Let me point out

President NOMINATE a person to be a supreme court justice

SENATE ...CHOOSES if they want to OR REJECT have a hearing on the president nominee . they can choose TO OR NOT TO vote after the hearing to send it to the senate. they could VOTE TO STOP , CONTINUE , OR NOT EVEN HAVE A HEARING AT ALL... then the senate VOTES to confirm or not to.

No where does it say in the constitution THAT THEY HAVE TO START THE PROCESS WITH ANY PARTICULAR PERSON the president nominates.
Nor does it say ANY TIMETABLE THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW.

I ask you to PROVIDE EXACTLY WHERE THE SENATE has to do what your claiming...be a specific time frame, any person nominated by the president has to be given any consideration, that a hearing must be a set time, must allow anyone to testify or for that matter THAT THEY HAVE TO HAVE A HEARING AT ALL.

your continue cries of they must delay it in an election year or that they must go thought with it are NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY VIABLE.

so where is your PROOF in the SPECIFIC WORDS of the constitution?

In short its called SEPARATION OF POWERS

the presidents job is to nominate people .

the senate job is to DECIDE IF THEY WANT TO CONSIDER THEM OR NOT.

the president or any party IS NOT THE BOSS OF THE SENATE nor is the president under the senate.

if the president CHOOSES not to nominate anyone, the senate CANNOT order him to do so or demand he does it.

if the senate CHOOSES not to vote on or approve a president nominee HE CANT TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO.

get it now?

scrounger

I know what the Constitution says.

Why did McConnell cite the 'Biden rule' for indefinitely delaying Merrick Garland?

I see you cannot answer a DIRECT QUESTION but with another deflecting off topic of what was asked question

Again SPECIFICALLY where does it say what you claim the senate is required to do

sorry but its (like accuser ford) up to YOU to defend your position...not up to me to answer an IRRELIVANT to the question asked another question

Scrounger

edit on 28-9-2018 by scrounger because: edit for civiity

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

As far as we know she's already dead. They probably figured out how to embalm her to still appear livid and installed a voice modulator so they can speak for her.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join