It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Audibly Laughs After Trump

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Throwing insults is a very obvious defense mechanism to keep from debating a topic you don't like.

No, pretty sure it's just acting like an asshole, which, let's be honest here, can be a lot of fun when one actually is an asshole.

Now I got to play the Dennis Leary song.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: CADpro

You DO know that I wasn't being serious right?

You were damn fast on that reply, KS.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Throwing insults is a very obvious defense mechanism to keep from debating a topic you don't like.

No, pretty sure it's just acting like an asshole, which, let's be honest here, can be a lot of fun when one actually is an asshole.

Yeah I know how fun it is to be an asshole. I was one in my teenage years all the way up to my late 20's. The problem is that you don't make many friends that way and the ones you do have leave you eventually cause they can't stand being around you.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Now I got to play the Dennis Leary song.

If ATS was UFC, I'd enter every thread to that song.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Jesus and my momma still love me, so I reckon there's no reason to change what and who I am, ya?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

By the narrowest margin in recent times other than George W Bush ....

Nothing like Bill or Barak's numbers though, eh?

Are you citing popular vote, or electoral college votes? Only one elects the presidents, so let's look at the last 10 elections ranked by electoral college votes (based on 270towin.com:
    1. Ronald Reagan, 1984 (525 votes)
    2. Ronald Reagan, 1980 (489)
    3. George H.W. Bush, 1988 (426)
    4. Bill Clinton, 1996 (379)
    5. Bill Clinton, 1992 (370)
    6. Barack Obama, 2008 (365)
    7. Barack Obama, 2012 (332)
    8. Donald Trump, 2016 (304)
    9. George W. Bush, 2004 (286)
    10. George W. Bush, 2000 (271)

So, sure, you're correct about Clinton and Obama's numbers, but Clinton and Obama don't hold a candle to H.W.'s and Reagan's numbers, since we're making relative claims. But, the margin doesn't matter--getting to 270 votes is what matters, "narrow" margins or not--the margin doesn't change the fact that America decisively voted for Trump.

I didn't, but that doesn't matter.
edit on 25-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah I know how fun it is to be an asshole. I was one in my teenage years all the way up to my late 20's. The problem is that you don't make many friends that way and the ones you do have leave you eventually cause they can't stand being around you.

Dude, do you enen know how to lighten up when people are playing,
taking everything so seriously.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

they better be willing to wage nuclear war for it, clearly we are. I would rather the world end in nuclear fire than the Chinese succeed in usurping the Western hegemony. Israel must be protected at all costs!

Wow China is going to affect Israel. You do realize that unlike the States, China is using economic means to garner influence.

You sound like a Zionist itching to build the Temple on the Dome Of the Rock.

Nuclear War?

What, another Nazi Scorched Earth policy is what you're advocating.

You seriously need some time away from your screen

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A perfect summary. I think what makes it worse is the always trumpers follow his rhetoric more than they beat the fake news bandwagon. Their standards of fake news only is invoked if it is MSM, not outta toadstools mouth.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Dude, do you ever post anything on topic or are you on ATS to purely troll? Like you seem more fixated in my personal behaviors than ever actually debating something intelligently. Then if I'm too serious for you it's, "Man can't you take a joke?" Psh. You guys aren't funny.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

n. A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.
n. The territory included in such a unit.
n. An extensive enterprise under a unified authority: a publishing empire.
n. Imperial or imperialistic sovereignty, domination, or control: "There is a growing sense that the course of empire is shifting toward the . . . Asians” ( James Traub).

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

n. A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.
n. A group of states or other territories that owe allegiance to a foreign power.
n. A state ruled by an emperor.
n. An expansive and wealthy corporation.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

n. Supreme power; sovereignty; sway; dominion.
n. The dominion of an emperor; the territory or countries under the jurisdiction and dominion of an emperor (rarely of a king), usually of greater extent than a kingdom, always comprising a variety in the nationality of, or the forms of administration in, constituent and subordinate portions.
n. Any dominion; supreme control; governing influence; rule; sway.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

n. Supreme power in governing; imperial power; dominion; sovereignty.
n. The country, region, or union of states or territories under the jurisdiction and dominion of an emperor or other powerful sovereign or government; usually, a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, which may be, and often is, of small extent: as, the Roman or the Russian empire.
n. Supreme control; governing influence; rule; sway: as, the empire of reason or of truth.
n. Synonyms Sway, dominion, rule, reign, government, supremacy.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

n. the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised
n. a group of countries under a single authority
n. a group of diverse companies under common ownership and run as a single organization
n. an eating apple that somewhat resembles a McIntosh; used as both an eating and a cooking apple
n. a monarchy with an emperor as head of state

Seeing all those definitions, the only thing I believe you would argue is contrary to being an empire is a ruling monarch or single permanent authority. Maybe you should count them up and give me the final tally of which does not apply to us??
FWIW, an empire has never needed to be ruled by a single individual as the supreme authority to be defined as such. the top 50 multinationals are all empires.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

*looks at post*

*sees Trump last except for GWB*

*nods and moves on*

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You guys aren't funny.

Well now, that was just hurtful.

link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Umm... We don't have an emperor...

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Would you like a good cry? You can cry on my shoulder.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: underwerks

A perfect summary. I think what makes it worse is the always trumpers follow his rhetoric more than they beat the fake news bandwagon. Their standards of fake news only is invoked if it is MSM, not outta toadstools mouth.

I bet you do not know the rhetoric preceding or following the brief moment under scrutiny.

link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
What are you complaining about, your part of the same empire!

link   
a reply to: CADpro

Protologist or Priest?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
12 pages of butt hurt trumpets defending the leader.
Fantastic.
Goes with the why do they defend everything he does thread very well.

You guys take it so personal.

Most of us are mocking, know the difference.

Yes. Butthurt is the right word. Throwing insults is a very obvious defense mechanism to keep from debating a topic you don't like.

Whatever you say, Skippy.

Did I do that right gryphon?

Nah.

You know the words but you can't hear the music ...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join