It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA the Most holy place

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: EasternShadow
The Biblical "reem" was the origin of Christian unicorn mythology.

Funny. The Scots used unicorn as their shield symbols as late as 12th century, 400 years before KJV genius decided to use the same kids fantasy horse to represent theword of God. Lol

[T]here are a number of references to unicorns in the Bible – God's strength is compared to the strength of the unicorn, and there are a lot of references to the unicorns horn being a source of misery and release. The problem is, those references aren't actually to unicorns at all. The people who wrote the Bible were not thinking of that Indian animal the
Early in the 20th century, when scholars cracked the code on ancient cuneiform script, they finally learned what that mysterious reem really was. In these ancient texts, written around the time when the Hebrew Bible was being penned, there are many references to an animal called a rimu. Like the biblical reem, the rimu was enormous, strong, and had horns. That animal was an ox. So all of those references to unicorns in the Bible? Those are actually to an ox. Which, if you read the actual sections of the Bible, makes a lot more sense.

Of course, ox make more sense than unicorn. Didn't God inspire the KJV genius about it? I guess not?

But for nearly 1500 years, Christians believed in the unicorn version of things. The unicorn came to symbolize Christ, its horn the cross, and its tribulations during the hunt were like Christ's tribulations on earth. Interestingly, the idea that unicorns were attracted to virgins comes from a pagan source. A Latin book called the Physiologus, probably written in the second century CE, mentions that a unicorn can only be caught when it lays its head down in a virgin's lap. Christian analysts seized on this idea, suggesting that this was symbolic of how Christ came into the world – with the help of a virgin."

tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com...

Superstition is not an excuse to preach humanity the word of God. Didn't God already told, you re not to worship any idols like the unicorn?
I guess you christians are ignorant of almost anything God said about idolatry.

Out of 15 bibles I have checked I find the word reem/s used [in numbers 23:22] only in the YLT translation. In the dead sea scroll [4Q27] it also is not used.

Because unicorn, satyr and cockrice don't exist. So do fairies, marvel superheroes and Star Wars. Why would anyone insert those man made fables are beyond me.

Now in that respect why would you choose only the KJV bible to criticize? Could it be that you are critical of only the KJV bible?

Because OP stated KJV 1611 is the best English translation? Are you ignorant of why I disagree?

Even the JPS bible does not use the word reem/s. I am led to believe that you are one of the many who do not understand how to study and understand. Get yourself a good concordance to use if you are ignorant of a word.

I understand well enough there is no room for superstition and fables in the word of God, unlike most Christian who are ignorant of their own Bible. But hey, if you want to be as superstitious as the oldies in the past, then it is your choice. You are welcomed to answer your own fairy tales in front of our LORD. But for me, I will answer right in the face of our father in heaven, I do not trust HE meant by Unicorn, Styr, Cockrice and stupid dragon. Because I believe in Him to be better Creator God than man flaw imagination.
edit on 30-9-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I understand well enough there is no room for superstition and fables in the word of God, unlike most Christian who are ignorant of their own Bible.

Don’t be childish Shadow, You know that you cannot show the folklore name “reem” in Torah by Hebrew scholars.
It would be more than ignorant to believe that a reem was larger than a mountain and that a reem could dam the river Jordan with its dung. Do you actually believe that the reem survived during the deluge by Noah strapping its horns to the side of the Ark so that its nostril could protrude into the Ark allowing the animal to breathe? And that King David, while still a shepherd, mistook its horn for a mountain and climbed it, then the reem got up, carrying David up to the heavens? And then David prayed to God to save him, so a lion passed in front of the re'em and as the re'em bowed down to the king of beasts, David climbed off, but was threatened by the lion? Then David prayed again and an animal passed by so the lion could chase it and leave David unharmed?

And you Believe That?

And you have the audacity to believe this about a reem and criticize others in reading of a unicorn? Even the modern Septuagint will not use that fable of a reem. The DSS is the second oldest MSS and it also will not use that fable. I think you have a very serious problem with critical word understanding and should not mislead others in your own ignorance.

Your post of Sept. 27 page 2 is not true at all. You should not quote Wikipedia as the only source as it is not always complete and is often incorrect as it is now.

You wrote

It is re'em, also reëm (Hebrew: רְאֵם‬) mentioned 8 times in Hebrew Bible.
en.m.wikipedia.org.
Unquote

Reem is not in the Hebrew rendition of Torah. -- you are not correct.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Don’t be childish Shadow, You know that you cannot show the folklore name “reem” in Torah by Hebrew scholars.
It would be more than ignorant to believe that a reem was larger than a mountain and that a reem could dam the river Jordan with its dung.
Do you actually believe that the reem survived during the deluge by Noah strapping its horns to the side of the Ark so that its nostril could protrude into the Ark allowing the animal to breathe? And that King David, while still a shepherd, mistook its horn for a mountain and climbed it, then the reem got up, carrying David up to the heavens? And then David prayed to God to save him, so a lion passed in front of the re'em and as the re'em bowed down to the king of beasts, David climbed off, but was threatened by the lion? Then David prayed again and an animal passed by so the lion could chase it and leave David unharmed?

And you Believe That?

And you have the audacity to believe this about a reem and criticize others in reading of a unicorn?

Even the modern Septuagint will not use that fable of a reem. The DSS is the second oldest MSS and it also will not use that fable. I think you have a very serious problem with critical word understanding and should not mislead others in your own ignorance.

Unicorn don't exist. Extinct Dinosaurs such as brachiosaur and diplodocus do exist. Go figure out what Jews mythology is based on, instead of blindly follow KJV genius who have no idea the differences between dinosaurs and horse or an ox.

Reem is based on factual fossil bones of extinct dinosaurs. Unicorn on the other hand is based solely on kjv fables. So yes, I do have the right to criticize KJV genius.

See? I have fossil bones record to prove to God, gargantum creatures exist. So where is your unicorn evidence?

Your post of Sept. 27 page 2 is not true at all. You should not quote Wikipedia as the only source as it is not always complete and is often incorrect as it is now.

You wrote

It is re'em, also reëm (Hebrew: רְאֵם‬) mentioned 8 times in Hebrew Bible.
en.m.wikipedia.org.
Unquote

Reem is not in the Hebrew rendition of Torah. -- you are not correct.

If you are not happy with wiki, you could always refer to it's sources, such as, , Deuteronomy 33:17, Numbers 23:22 and 24:8; Psalms 22:21, 29:6 and 92:10; and Isaiah 34:7 and Numbers 23:22.

You do know, Deuteronomy and Numbers are part of Torah?
Here is one of wiki sources of reem as mentioned in Deuteronomy 33:17
יזבְּכ֨וֹר שׁוֹר֜וֹ הָדָ֣ר ל֗וֹ וְקַרְנֵ֤י רְאֵם֙ קַרְנָ֔יו בָּהֶ֗ם עַמִּ֛ים יְנַגַּ֥ח יַחְדָּ֖ו אַפְסֵי־אָ֑רֶץ וְהֵם֙ רִבְב֣וֹת אֶפְרַ֔יִם וְהֵ֖ם אַלְפֵ֥י מְנַשֶּֽׁה:

To his firstborn ox is [given] glory. His horns are the horns of a re'em. With them, he will gore peoples together [throughout all] the ends of the earth these are the myriads of Ephraim, and these are the thousands of Manasseh."
www.chabad.org...

edit on 1-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

To his firstborn ox is [given] glory. His horns are the horns of a re'em. With them, he will gore peoples together [throughout all] the ends of the earth these are the myriads of Ephraim, and these are the thousands of Manasseh." www.chabad.org...

Nice try but that is not a recognized authority in Orthodox Judaism. You should learn not to get involved in offshoot nonsense and listen to the Hebrew Prophets and the authorized Hebrew Torah. Torah does not subscribe to Chabad nor any mystical offshoots of likeness. Stay with the Hebrew bible which does not support the fable of a re’em stopping up the Jordan river with re’em dung. How disgusting and stupid to believe that.

The most controversial and hence fascinating aspect of Chabad is the communities' relationship to and beliefs about the latest Rebbe. Many Lubavitchers in Chabad believed or believe -- without grave repercussions -- that he is the messiah, which is a radical (arguably heretical) claim and thereby differentiates Chabad from nearly all other current Judaisms.

Chabad is a form of Hasidism, a fundamentalist mode of Judaism that emphasizes devotion, symbolic and ritual separation, and mystical teachings. So it obviously differs from many Jewish movements, including Orthodox groups with similar norms and practices. Its particular form also differs from many Hasidic groups -- the differences are complex, but one might say they have an emphasis on systematic theology. (e.g., The Tanya)

Chabad emerges from [communist] Russia with very corrupt liturgy.

As I have repeatedly shown you, the word re'em is not in the Torah. Rashi is a commentator and nothing else. Get yourself a true Torah and you will not find re'em in the Torah. Re'em is a fable and not a dinosaur. The correct rendition of both unicorn and re'em is wild ox. You can't believe all the nonsense on the internet without proper study.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede
Oh really? Then what do you have to say about biblehub?
The Hebrew word רְאֵם֙ still stand for reem
biblehub.com...
biblehub.com...

Or this,

www.equipgodspeople.com...

www.talmudology.com...

No matter what language you use, Hebrew Deuteronomy 33:17 always look like this:
דברים לג: יז

בְּכ֨וֹר שׁוֹר֜וֹ הָדָ֣ר ל֗וֹ וְקַרְנֵ֤י רְאֵם֙ קַרְנָ֔יו בָּהֶ֗ם עַמִּ֛ים יְנַגַּ֥ח יַחְדָּ֖ו אַפְסֵי־אָ֑רֶץ וְהֵם֙ רִבְב֣וֹת אֶפְרַ֔יִם וְהֵ֖ם אַלְפֵ֥י מְנַשֶּֽׁה

33:17 Hebrew Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear)
בְּכֹ֨ור שֹׁורֹ֜ו הָדָ֣ר לֹ֗ו וְקַרְנֵ֤י רְאֵם֙ קַרְנָ֔יו בָּהֶ֗ם עַמִּ֛ים יְנַגַּ֥ח יַחְדָּ֖ו אַפְסֵי־ אָ֑רֶץ וְהֵם֙ רִבְבֹ֣ות אֶפְרַ֔יִם וְהֵ֖ם אַלְפֵ֥י מְנַשֶּֽׁה׃ ס

דברים 33:17 Hebrew OT: Westminster Leningrad Codex
בְּכֹ֨ור שֹׁורֹ֜ו הָדָ֣ר לֹ֗ו וְקַרְנֵ֤י רְאֵם֙ קַרְנָ֔יו בָּהֶ֗ם עַמִּ֛ים יְנַגַּ֥ח יַחְדָּ֖ו אַפְסֵי־אָ֑רֶץ וְהֵם֙ רִבְבֹ֣ות אֶפְרַ֔יִם וְהֵ֖ם אַלְפֵ֥י מְנַשֶּֽׁה׃ ס

דברים 33:17 Hebrew OT: WLC (Consonants Only)
בכור שורו הדר לו וקרני ראם קרניו בהם עמים ינגח יחדו אפסי־ארץ והם רבבות אפרים והם אלפי מנשה׃ ס

דברים 33:17 Paleo-Hebrew OT: WLC (Font Required)
בכור שורו הדר לו וקרני ראם קרניו בהם עמים ינגח יחדו אפסי־ארץ והם רבבות אפרים והם אלפי מנשה׃ ס

דברים 33:17 Hebrew Bible
בכור שורו הדר לו וקרני ראם קרניו בהם עמים ינגח יחדו אפסי ארץ והם רבבות אפרים והם אלפי מנשה׃

Because רְאֵם֙ is the original word for reem in Hebrew. There is no other Hebrew words.

edit on 2-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Because רְאֵם֙ is the original word for reem in Hebrew. There is no other Hebrew words.

Deuteronomy 33:17 His firstling bullock, majesty is his; and his horns are the horns of the wild-ox; with them he shall gore the peoples all of them, even the ends of the earth; and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh. [S]------------------------
יז בְּכוֹר שׁוֹרוֹ הָדָר לוֹ, וְקַרְנֵי רְאֵם קַרְנָיו--בָּהֶם עַמִּים יְנַגַּח יַחְדָּו, אַפְסֵי-אָרֶץ; וְהֵם רִבְבוֹת אֶפְרַיִם, וְהֵם אַלְפֵי מְנַשֶּׁה. [ס]

Yes I do agree that the Hebrew does spell wild ox in the manner of which I read. Also the English word re’em is spelled with same Hebrew word. But it is not in any Hebrew to English authorized bible including the DSS and Septuagint.

Your error is that you want the word re’em to be in the authorized editions of Hebrew to English scriptures but it is not. As was shown to you the re’em is a mythical creature the same as unicorn is also a mythical creature just the same as several other names are assigned to the same Hebrew word.

The correct understanding of a Hebrew, in the DSS and Septuagint, is a wild bull or ox. Forget your creature called a re’em and don’t dwell on it. It never dumped in the Jordan river and it never reached the heavens as a mountain and David was not even heard of when Torah was written. It’s all unknown. It’s what you want it to be and if you want it to be a dream creature called a re’em then by all means go for it.

I’m quite sure that the scribes of Hebrew had no knowledge of English at the time of writing Torah and understood the creature as being a big swift beast with a horn. For all we know it still is not known for sure just what it is.
What you are reading into this is English understanding. If you were in Africa you may very well understand the Hebrew word as being a rhinoceros and in other parts of the world a total different language and different beast. lol

edit on 2-10-2018 by Seede because: separate paragraph

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 33:17 His firstling bullock, majesty is his; and his horns are the horns of the wild-ox; with them he shall gore the peoples all of them, even the ends of the earth; and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh. [S]------------------------
יז בְּכוֹר שׁוֹרוֹ הָדָר לוֹ, וְקַרְנֵי רְאֵם קַרְנָיו--בָּהֶם עַמִּים יְנַגַּח יַחְדָּו, אַפְסֵי-אָרֶץ; וְהֵם רִבְבוֹת אֶפְרַיִם, וְהֵם אַלְפֵי מְנַשֶּׁה. [ס]

Yes I do agree that the Hebrew does spell wild ox in the manner of which I read. Also the English word re’em is spelled with same Hebrew word. But it is not in any Hebrew to English authorized bible including the DSS and Septuagint.
Your error is that you want the word re’em to be in the authorized editions of Hebrew to English scriptures but it is not.

If you have other words beside רְאֵם in original Hebrew, you are welcome to share it. Because I could not find any other Hebrew word for רְאֵם.

As was shown to you the re’em is a mythical creature the same as unicorn is also a mythical creature just the same as several other names are assigned to the same Hebrew word.

But the hebrews don't have any other words for רְאֵם, unlike English. They use the only word they can to describe the unknown creature. English on the other hand, has wild ox, ram, bull, rhinoceros, and many other sensible words. But KJV resort to unicorn is beyond me.

The correct understanding of a Hebrew, in the DSS and Septuagint, is a wild bull or ox.

Wild bull, ox, unicorn, rhinoceros, one horn goat etc are English translation for רְאֵם.
Just like buey salvaje in Spanish, جنگلی بیل in Urdu, ثور البرية in Arabic, monokeros in Latin Septuagint.

In Hebrew it is רְאֵם and pronounce as reem.

Forget your creature called a re’em and don’t dwell on it. It never dumped in the Jordan river and it never reached the heavens as a mountain and David was not even heard of when Torah was written. It’s all unknown.

Then what is the other word for רְאֵם in Hebrew? Obviously they know this animal is not ordinary wild ox or bull or goat. Wild ox is not even Hebrew language.

It’s what you want it to be and if you want it to be a dream creature called a re’em then by all means go for it.

I never associate it Jewish Myth. But I don't dismiss David's story just because the lack of better word to describe the animal. This cannot be said to English translations.

I’m quite sure that the scribes of Hebrew had no knowledge of English at the time of writing Torah and understood the creature as being a big swift beast with a horn.

For all we know it still is not known for sure just what it is.

That is why it should not be translated. It should be left to the original Hebrew רְאֵם, or Latin Septuagint monokeros. You can parentheses it in English, but to directly translate it into unicorn is pure bogus.

edit on 3-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dna is information trapped in 2 out of phase waveforms. Only one of those waveforms is good, the other, the reflection, is bad. Not a holy place. A place of contained energy, half good half evil.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes. DNA is Jacob's Ladder as described in Genesis 28:10. Talks specifically about it being related to offspring and reproduction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join