It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thought Yesterday..."Fall".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

San Francisco is what you’re looking for. It feels like fall year round. Though I suspect you wouldn’t like it there.

Only SF though. The climate changes once you go north or south or cross over to the east bay. Something about being situated where it is on the Pacific Ocean makes it feel like October year round.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It truly is a great time to hop on the bike with the camera and take some pictures. A great time to sleep with the window open. Fall rocks !!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Tell me about it! I lived in SE Asia for a few years (3 degrees north of the Equator), and there is no "season" there at all. The days are all exactly the same length, the weather is the exact same, the temperature is the exact same, there is no color variation at all. And, it definitely DOES make you crazy after a while! You lose track of what time of year it is very quickly...and for me, I couldn't take it any longer. Drove me nutz!

I can say virtually the same for Florida. It can get cool in January/February, but only briefly. There's an old joke in Florida, "You only get two seasons -- Hot, and Hotter." It's pretty close to the truth.
And you nailed it with the no color variations & losing track of seasons. It's downright monotonous the closer to the equator one gets.

Since moving north, and getting to experience real seasons, the entire family's disposition has drastically improved. I think the seasonal variation does a lot more good for people than they realize. We didn't notice just how unhappy we were overall regarding day after day, year after year of the same climate until we left it. Granted, we were unhappy with the state in general already for other reasons, the exposure to seasons rekindled a spark we didn't even know was in need of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i have strange thoughts all the time. would be real boring to only have familiar ones

top topics

<< 1   >>

join