It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have we become?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have resigned myself into believing things will get much worse before it gets better... assuming better is even ever possible at this point.

I'm generally a very optimistic person, but what I have seen unfold in recent months is a political culture that is no longer restrained to mere criticism of leadership or policy, but the out right demonization of large portions of the populous. Things are getting very unsafe out there... and more so with each passing day.

Frankly, I am starting to think it's pointless to argue for something better. The horses have left the barn and there is no telling how long it will take, if ever, to recover from what is happening to this country.

It's starting to look like we are headed for very dark times.

Good luck everyone. We are going to need it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

I look at it a little more optimistically. What we’re witnessing is the growing pains of freedom. There are more voices, more avenues of expression, and the old gatekeepers have less and less a say over what we think. It may seem noisy for a while but in time the dust will settle and we’ll realize that we’re in a better age than before.

Many of these people have been told countless lies—the coming fascism, the implosion of the economy, a hidden Russian plot to overthrow democracy itself—but crying wolf can only get you so far before people start to ignore you. It will take time.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

As a partisan, you seem to believe that "the other side" is trying to destroy America.

Here's a hint: "they" believe the same about you and yours.

Dīvide et imperā

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Hope you're right.

Finding it very difficult to discern the line between wishful thinking and the true state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I hope you felt the same way when Trump and The Republicans went after Obama for not being a US citizen or held up his SCOTUS nominee for fourteen months.

This didn't just start with Trump.

Whatever. Obama wouldn't produce a birth certificate and there were too many stories of him attending Kindergarten in Africa attending college as an exchange student. He had every right to be questioned, then it took him almost 4 years to produce. Liberals didn't like it so they automatically painted anyone with questions as a racist.

Furthermore, Hillary's campaign started that whole thing, remember? The same Hillary who was defeated because the Obama campaign called her campaign racist. Everything they didn't like then became racist.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm not saying to take up arms to fix it, I know a way to fix it, as Americans, as a nation. Return to Christ. The nation was buily upon God, we lost our way, must find our way back.

No it wasn't. That's a lie. A good portion of the framers of the Constitution were atheist or agnostic. Try again sir, or ma'am.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: toms54

your nation was built by immigrants from all over the world and still is a melting pot of different cultures. what god you talking about? the american god who only loves guns and republicans?

?? You must be trying to respond to someone else's post. I didn't say anything at all about god or immigrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join