It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have we become?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What have we become? Ever since, President Trump was voted into office, it has been a campaign to destroy America, to give the power back to the Deep State. The far left, Democrats, Liberal's, have done, nothing but try to destroy, President Trump, on collusion with Russia.(I voted for Trump, Russia made me vote for him....) there is no evidence of any kind, and still trying to get him out. Do they not realize the impact on America, if you forcefully remove a President out of office, on false accusations. Or maybe, they know, and part of their plan.
Then you have a man named, Brett Kavanaugh, accused of sexual misconduct over 35 years ago. Why didn't they come forward long ago? It is a ploy to stop, any and all nominees, President Trump names, from getting into office. Nothing will stop, till any and all nominees are destroyed politically.
Accusations against President Trump will stop, if he sides and does what the deep state wants.
Then, you have Obama, going around smearing Trump, Maxine, calling for protests, where ever a Republican, or GOP is, a restaurant, gas station, don't matter. We are, eraseing our past, taking down statutes, 10 commandments, attacking churches, religion, sexual identity. Hitler, did the same thing, before he came to power.
I would never have thought, that my country, that I love, the RED, WHITE, AND BLUE, the beautiful flag Ii see waving around, would be like this, one day. I fear for my childrens future. But, if it comes down to me fighting for them.... you can take my Gun out my COLD DEAD HANDS...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

I hope you felt the same way when Trump and The Republicans went after Obama for not being a US citizen or held up his SCOTUS nominee for fourteen months.

This didn't just start with Trump.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse

I would never have thought, that my country, that I love, the RED, WHITE, AND BLUE, the beautiful flag Ii see waving around, would be like this, one day. I fear for my childrens future. But, if it comes down to me fighting for them.... you can take my Gun out my COLD DEAD HANDS...

yeah i know

i feel like a lot of people are pretty damn itchy to have a 'reason' to pick up their gunz

just a feeling

Heston... hahahahaha

definitely the right attitude. no discussion or thoughts on how to make things better
just bitch a little and then my guns

good job

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

They may have asked about birth certificates, but not trying to remove a sitting President. Or harass politicians at public places, removed statues. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

As everyone knows, there's us and then there's them. It's been some time since I've heard anyone speak as if we were all one people. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm not saying to take up arms to fix it, I know a way to fix it, as Americans, as a nation. Return to Christ. The nation was buily upon God, we lost our way, must find our way back.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

So I guess you DIDN'T feel the same way.

Thought so.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

And also, I remember the word impeachment was used within the first months of Obama's Presidency.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ok I voted for Obama (First term only), and like most here lived through his presidency, and yes there was the birth certificate thing and more.

That being said, the comparison simply is not there and the reason why is the overwhelming pervasiveness of it against Trump.

Obama had the equivalent of a few school kids calling him names but afraid to really attempt anything because most of the school administration and legal authorities were protective of and on the side of Obama.

Trump on the other hand has the near fanatic support of a few school kids while most of the school administration and legal authorities are against him.
edit on 9/25/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

your nation was built by immigrants from all over the world and still is a melting pot of different cultures. what god you talking about? the american god who only loves guns and republicans?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I hope you felt the same way when Trump and The Republicans went after Obama for not being a US citizen or held up his SCOTUS nominee for fourteen months.

Trump held no office at that time....duh

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So are you saying that the Left is the deep state?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

As everyone knows, there's us and then there's them. It's been some time since I've heard anyone speak as if we were all one people. Thank you.

Case in point. The OP is divisive and separates liberals into an "other".

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Trump held no office at that time....duh

Didn't stop him from feeding the birther machine.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
When politics have become entertainment.....

I don't think Orwell himself could have written this plot.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We've become The Divided States of America.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank the Nixon/JFK debate for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse
I know a way to fix it, as Americans, as a nation. Return to Christ. The nation was buily upon God, we lost our way, must find our way back.

Well, you piqued my interest, but then you lost me and all my interest in this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No god can fix this (full disclosure, Atheist). The only thing that can fix this is putting true education, vice indocrination, back into our schools. I suspect (because I haven’t conducted a research project) that most folks under 40 couldn’t begin to tell how this Country was formed, who the Founding Fathers were, or how much blood was spilled to provide American citizens the freedoms guaranteed in the US Constitution/Bill of Rights.

Granted, some leaders lost there way over the years and those freedoms haven’t always been equally provided, but...well, humans! And just like I think we need to get back to teaching future generations how this great Country was founded, we also need to continue to teach the mistakes...the mistakes of slavery, the mistakes of intern camps, the mistakes of Native American genocide, etc. We do NOT need to erase it from memory as all these statue destroyers and history revisionists seem want to do.

In the end, the pols could bring America together. Because they are too worried about their lifetime appointments to the House and Senate through their vote pandering, it will never happen. Implement term limits and eliminate lifetime benefits for minimal effort and you might end up with Patriots in the House and Senate again...the complete opposite of the current pack of jackasses (on both sides) serving (themselves) there now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join