It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

My biggest problem with this is the restaurant owners or manager not stopping this. Shameful.

Its easy being a keyboard justice warrior. Try putting a few hundred thousand in a restaurant and competing daily and then you will understand how a business must cater to all demands or in this case there would be payback in retribution.

No-win situation. Nothing shameful about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No shame in NOT stopping a potential volitile situation happening in your business??????

How disconnected from reality are you?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I was wondering about that very thing.

Where is the staff while all this is going on? You can bet that this place wouldn't be high on my list of places to tell anyone to go to...

My reaction to some group of clueless, not to mention rude, idiots crashing my night out would have been much like this:

**gesturing for a moment to speak**

Thank you for stating your opinions in such a wonderful manner...

Before I came in here, I had decided that I was going to wait and see what these ladies had to say. You know that whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Then give Judge Kavanaugh a chance to either sink or swim in rebuttal. But you all have convinced me other wise. I will vote to confirm him.

Do enjoy the rest of your evening.

**flip 'em off**

Then I would leave.

Then, I would take the restaurant to task.
edit on 9/25/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So, a world without consequence. Do what you will, whether someone gets hurt, or not.

So, a world without boundries. Take what you will, whenever you like, apparently.

So, a world without personal initiative. Be handed what someone else thinks you need.

Not a world I'm interested in living in.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: loam

So, a world without consequence. Do what you will, whether someone gets hurt, or not.

So, a world without boundries. Take what you will, whenever you like, apparently.

So, a world without personal initiative. Be handed what someone else thinks you need.

Not a world I'm interested in living in.

Lets take prisons that they want to get rid of.

Who needs law when you could have mob rule?

I mean just look at what they did to ted here.

I am sure in a world without prison they will be perfectly behaved, and not gather in mobs to cause destruction.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Exactly.

Without borders--which in many minds includes property lines. Squat any ol' place...no consequences.

Yep.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrat pinball machine is on full tilt.

"Democrats gonna pay"

Why does Saul Alinsky look so much like Chris Hedges?
Spooky.
edit on 25-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: face23785

My biggest problem with this is the restaurant owners or manager not stopping this. Shameful.

Its easy being a keyboard justice warrior. Try putting a few hundred thousand in a restaurant and competing daily and then you will understand how a business must cater to all demands or in this case there would be payback in retribution.

No-win situation. Nothing shameful about it.

Perhaps you should give this a read. It was shameful. Has nothing to do with keyboard warriors. Maybe you should leave your baseless assumptions about people out of your posts, along with not knowing what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Being chased out like that is total bull#. It is one of the things I really hate about some on the left. Not all and I am glad to see his opponent isn't one of them. One thing worse than the people doing things like that are the people who know it is wrong and stay quiet about it or even egging it on.

Beto O'Rourke

@BetoORourke

US Senate candidate, TX
Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect.

9:54 AM - Sep 25, 2018

I wish more leaders on the left would call out bull# from their own party. It would go a long way of winning the support of those in the middle that is tired of the madness no matter which side it is from.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Jesus.

What on Earth is wrong with these people?

We should start running them off when they do this #. Time to show some right wing unity!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

US Senate candidate, TX
Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect.

I've respected Beto O'Rourke since his first debate appearance. Very intelligent and a true gentleman

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
It's weird. I try to think of what I would have done in Cruz's position, and all I can think of is smartass remarks that would have gotten me killed. Good thing I'm not a politician.

Being a politician wouldn't fare very well for me either. Nor would dating or marrying a political analyst because I'd see red as soon as someone disrespected her.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The second accuser, ramirez, as of a few weeks ago or something admitted to classmates she called that she wasnt sure if kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself in front of her.

Now if I take that same position as this woman had about herself two weeks ago, and say I am not sure Kavanaugh did this, I am a monster who doesnt believe survivors.

This is insane.

I hope we take this to the ballot box.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Good on orourke and cruz for how they handled this.

It refreshing to see an ocandidate in a contentious race call out bs against his opponent.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Good on orourke and cruz for how they handled this.

It refreshing to see an ocandidate in a contentious race call out bs against his opponent.

It sure as hell took me by surprise Gram. Now that is exactly the kind of person we need in politics right now
Especially because like you pointed out the race is contentious/close. I'm not a Texan, but demonstrations of class/respectability like that (which are inline with his general demeanor throughout the campaign) are what convinces a voter at the last minute to show up and vote

"Refreshing" is a good word to describe this

Compare and contrast Beto's reponse to Maxi's, not even in the same category. Of course that is because one has class and is a decent human being while the other is a perpetual politician who defines the word "Toxic" by their rotten actions
edit on 9/25/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I hope we take this to the ballot box.

Me to LSU

Hope we can send an even louder and clearer message this November than we did in 2012 and 2016

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

TED CRUZ is a "survivor" himself. Candidate Trump worked him over pretty good. It's sad that a group of "survivors" would confront and insult a fellow survivor like this.

He's a Republican and doesn't think Kavanaugh is guilty until never proven innocent. He became the sum of the Earth at that point.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: seeker1963

Unfortunately SCOTUS was probably right, there are no current conflicts with congress terms and the constitution.

Forefathers thought ahead, but apparently not this far.

Term limits NEED to be a discussion

Of course they didn't think about it. Presidents didn't have term limits at first either. The problem is that they never thought the country would be so divided on such an immature, childish level.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So because Ted is a minority

Is it not racist????????

How does this work again by their rules?

Of course not, just like it wasn't racist for these same people to question his place of birth, but question Obama's and you're going straight to hell for being the worst kind of racist.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The problem is that they never thought the country would be so divided on such an immature, childish level.

That is it, too

They never anticipated this country being what it has become, no doubt about it. Our founders are turning in their graves over this mess. And a lot of people are actually comparing this tension not to 1960's unrest but the strife/conflict we faced in the years leading up to eighteen hundred and sixty one. They also did not foresee a government large enough to significantly impose upon the population even if a large group of people bent on tyranny/terror rose to power

These are frightening times, and no doubt will test the very soul of our nation and Constitution. But the spirit of liberty and freedom is reawakening in many Americans, and we got to witness a grassroots patriot movement rise up and take the country back from globalists, statists, elitists, RINOs, fake patriots, and this unelected criminal cabal often called the "deep state"

Great to see so many fellow patriots on ATS

edit on 9/25/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join