It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Vector99

Man that must have felt good to flip off Ted Cruz to his face.

Cruz is a 100% political hack, I'd love to flip him the bird in his face as well. Issue? a Cruz-like candidate will eventually replace him. Same on the other side.

Term limits. You get 2 six year terms. that's already 4 more years than a president can be in office.

Term limits are what we need to be talking about.

I agree with you.

Good luck on getting politicians to vote for less time in office though. We’d probably need some type of citizen vote separate from the government to address it correctly.

Well at this rate, all we need to do is find an accuser to say they did something sexual after two terms.

I mean, we cant question accusers, so this would be enough to get them out of office, right?

(BTW I support term limits)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I dont know...folks are pushing the dialectic a little far.

This present day # is so infantile and reactionary ,Im taking my leave

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

He sure does, but this kind of crap is not helpful to anyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Cruz is a 100% political hack, I'd love to flip him the bird in his face as well. Issue? a Cruz-like candidate will eventually replace him. Same on the other side.

Term limits. You get 2 six year terms. that's already 4 more years than a president can be in office.

I agree with you.

Good luck on getting politicians to vote for less time in office though. We’d probably need some type of citizen vote separate from the government to address it correctly.

Unfortunately you are correct, no one is going to vote themselves out of a job.

It's our responsibility as a voting populace to correct those changes.

I'll actually cast my second ever vote for an elected official this year, Danny Tarkanian has stated he is in support for term limits. I'll give him my vote, a goddam rare appearance for me, but I can get with term limits.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I agree with you.

Unfortunately you are correct, no one is going to vote themselves out of a job.

It's our responsibility as a voting populace to correct those changes.

I'll actually cast my second ever vote for an elected official this year, Danny Tarkanian has stated he is in support for term limits. I'll give him my vote, a goddam rare appearance for me, but I can get with term limits.

If I recall correctly there was a state that wanted to implement term limits at one point and the SCOTUS ruled against it!

Found it and it's worse than I thought. SCOTUS Ruled neither states or Congress may limit the terms that members of Congress can serve without a Constitutional ammendment. This was in 1995.

edit on 25-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Useful Idiots often forget that Liberals gets the bullets too!

The useful idiots that help put the Communists/Fascists in charge are always the FIRST to be put up against the wall.

ALWAYS.

After all, nobody wants rabble rousers around.

This is a lesson that seems to be never learned. It's kind of hilarious how often this idiotic pantomime plays out.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The 'tolerant' left at its finest...

Oh it's not all the left, I mean, there are pockets of good ones. Just ask the ones here. They'll be sure to educate you about things. I mean, you can't lump them all in the same basket.

What I really mean is, any arguments they have, best not rely on the current narrative, because when they do that, it falls very short. And if they do otherwise, they're at risk of falling into that basket from the very tree that they grew from.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. really needs to be a separate doctrine for them. And to stop advocating the rotten branches that bare rotten fruit.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Parishna because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My question is what kind of a restaurant allows this kind if behavior? It was obviously upscale looking out how the staff was dressed. It amazes me management didn't throw them out to protest on the curb.

If i was dinning there i would have complained to management about them shouting and interrupting my meal. Makes me wonder how many free dinners they had to give away. Because one thing i know is a disturbance in an upscale restaurant your going to have to give away food.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

TED CRUZ is a "survivor" himself. Candidate Trump worked him over pretty good. It's sad that a group of "survivors" would confront and insult a fellow survivor like this.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Unfortunately SCOTUS was probably right, there are no current conflicts with congress terms and the constitution.

Forefathers thought ahead, but apparently not this far.

Term limits NEED to be a discussion

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Unfortunately SCOTUS was probably right, there are no current conflicts with congress terms and the constitution.

Forefathers thought ahead, but apparently not this far.

Term limits NEED to be a discussion

Totally agree! However I am not gung ho on a Constitutional Convention. I don't trust any of these elected officials to get together to change one thing when we all know they will end up changing much more than we bargained for?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I wouldn't either, I'll actually be a vocal supporter AGAINST any constitutional convention.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't either, I'll actually be a vocal supporter AGAINST any constitutional convention.

Well sometimes a convention van be used to limit congress. In the first constitutional convention they said that law makers cannot raise their pay until the next term. Meaning the house has to wait two years the senate 6.

Interesting part of this amendment is it took over 100 years to pass and most Americans don't even know about it.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Looks like we need more purging of DSA activists from the federal payroll, considering their infestation of many of our federal agencies...

They seem to be gloating about their ability to destroy the USA from within....

Still plenty of folks out there who like the Constitutional Republic our founders created...

Silly how the uniparty says we live in a democracy...

oh well... all that money spent on education... wasted...

Had enough yet?

The money on Education has wasted our youth on purpose and therefore for the Globalist was good money. For us it has put us at a disadvantage. Being educated to think for yourself is a gift that keeps on giving. The children appear to be needing that skill worse than money.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Looks like we need more purging of DSA activists from the federal payroll, considering their infestation of many of our federal agencies...

They seem to be gloating about their ability to destroy the USA from within....

Still plenty of folks out there who like the Constitutional Republic our founders created...

Silly how the uniparty says we live in a democracy...

oh well... all that money spent on education... wasted...

Had enough yet?

The money on Education has wasted our youth on purpose and therefore for the Globalist was good money. For us it has put us at a disadvantage. Being educated to think for yourself is a gift that keeps on giving. The children appear to be needing that skill worse than money.

You got that right!

We used to go to carnivals and amusement parks for entertainment and to enjoy life. Colleges have pumped out Activists who are so miserable that going to a protest is the substitute.....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

So because Ted is a minority

Is it not racist????????

How does this work again by their rules?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well sometimes a convention van be used to limit congress. In the first constitutional convention they said that law makers cannot raise their pay until the next term. Meaning the house has to wait two years the senate 6.

Interesting part of this amendment is it took over 100 years to pass and most Americans don't even know about it.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A constitutional convention is a big deal and puts the bill of rights on the block. I'll never ever support one, and party lines absolute;y do not matter on that opinion. I'll NEVER be for a gathering of congress that could change current law. Too much gets opened up once you open that door.

Like your 1st amendmant right?
A constitutional convention could change those rights. I don't want that...ever

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Is it not racist????????

You and I had our words in the past over Cruz, but yea, it doesn't matter with SJW's. If you aren't politically aligned with them then you are a fascist! Welcome to the Brave New World...…..

And to be honest with ya, I would love to see Trump appoint Cruz to SCOTUS! The heads exploding would be like fireworks on the 4th of July!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Is it not racist????????

You and I had our words in the past over Cruz, but yea, it doesn't matter with SJW's. If you aren't politically aligned with them then you are a fascist! Welcome to the Brave New World...…..

Yea, IMO it would be more like 1984.

"Brave new world" we are cast as willing slaves. Huxley thought we would work have sex outdoors with coworkers and take "soma" to soothe our violent tendency's . Soma is stamped on some meds I have seen.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: seeker1963

Is it not racist????????

Yea, IMO it would be more like 1984.

"Brave new world" we are cast as willing slaves. Huxley thought we would work have sex outdoors with coworkers and take "soma" to soothe our violent tendency's . Soma is stamped on some meds I have seen.

Read em both! I also loved Fahrenheit 451. All 3 of those books should be required reading in HS!

To me all 3 of those books are the trifecta of the BS we are witnessing today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join