It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No man should ever vote for Democrats again!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
What you posted is why we don't have a better class of people who are elected to our government. ONly vipers can withstand the other vipers so good people need not apply. SAD, really sad.

Partisianship is just the current division of the day, it hasn't always been that way, it won't always be that way. But there will be issues on which people disagree, and the best solution is to have capable people arguing on both sides of the issue. It creates moderation. Weak people on either side create extremism.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
However I disagree with delaying the vote over this.

There's no harm in delaying the vote though. Republicans don't really like Kavanaugh, McConnell fought against him, but it's who Trump picked so that's who they're stuck with for now.

There's basically only one question to ask and that's how long they can confirm for before they lose power.

Most likely, the Senate is remaining Republican, they might even gain a few seats due to the demographics in play. So by that metric they only gain power by waiting.

There's also a lame duck session in a month, that they control. If the midterms go poorly, they can easily pass him then. So by that metric they lose nothing by waiting.

The only way they lose by waiting is if they're going to take a huge PR hit in the vetting process, can no longer guarantee support, and need Kavanaugh specifically. Remember, on most of his positions, Kavanaugh is not unique. There is a list of nearly 20 alerady conservative approved and vetted judges that he can be replaced with. The only thing unique about Kavanaugh is his recent opinion on bringing charges against the President. Everyone except for Kavanaugh believes that this is ok, if there's enough evidence.

That's why this rush is happening despite some questions worth investigating, and the ability to delay by up to 2 months if necessary. It's a last ditch effort to get someone in place with the power to shield Trump (and likely several others) from what is likely criminal behavior.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

However I disagree with delaying the vote over this.

There's no harm in delaying the vote though. Republicans don't really like Kavanaugh, McConnell fought against him, but it's who Trump picked so that's who they're stuck with for now.

That's why this rush is happening despite some questions worth investigating, and the ability to delay by up to 2 months if necessary. It's a last ditch effort to get someone in place with the power to shield Trump (and likely several others) from what is likely criminal behavior.

"Likely Criminal Behaviour" is a statement that is full of presumption and conjecture without adequate evidence to back it up.
that last sentence is also confusing in its wording.

"get someone in place with the power to shield Trump (and likely several others) from what is likely criminal behavior."
so are you saying they need Brett to shield trump from criminal behaviour or shield him from repercussions of his criminal behaviour?

Im wondering if you meant it how it sounded, I dont usually need to ask this but on the last sentence you made in the quote above could you specify whoms last ditch effort and also specify your meaning in shielding trump?
its not a setup I promise I just find your choice of wording a little vague in contextual meaning

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
NEVER again. I used to choose my candidates, but why bother. Beto has "vote straight ticket Democrat" on his signs. What a jerk. Well I`ll follow your advice Robert, I`m voting straight Republican since none of you losers(sore, sore losers) can give me one reason to vote for you, I`d rather not vote at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Gryphon66
/yawn

You guys aren't even trying hard any more. You just pile on and star each other's posts.

No wonder I got bored with this stupidity.

That's exactly what people say when they know they have lost the argument, brush up on your game gryphy, you use to be sharper.

The last two years really have worn some of these guys out. There are several posters who seemed rational when I first started coming here, even if I didn't always agree with them, that have just gone completely off the rails since Trump got elected.

To be fair they were almost always off the rails..denying every conspiracy that came up in favor of the government and media line...it is when things got muddied up abit that they look and sound even more trollish and disturbed in their logic than ever before to some...

But honestly they are the same people chanting the same lunacy and they will be soundly defeated just the same.

Problem now is.. they have dug a very deep hole they are not coming out of and what is more they are proud of it.

Once we truly ignore them from existence only then will they FEEL what they truly are..and hopefully hunt there benefactors down before WE DO.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ray Charles

Let us touch of the other song that has such inspiring words sung with sincere love.

edit on 27-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Im wondering if you meant it how it sounded, I dont usually need to ask this but on the last sentence you made in the quote above could you specify whoms last ditch effort and also specify your meaning in shielding trump?
its not a setup I promise I just find your choice of wording a little vague in contextual meaning

Trump needs a justice in place that will rule in his favor that he can't be investigated or charged. Of the preapproved list of choices, Kavanaugh is the only one who holds that opinion. Which is why he was nominated.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just don't assault people. Nothing to worry about. Still voting this s#itshow of a party out of as many positions as possible, at every given opportunity.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I just don't assault people. Nothing to worry about. Still voting this s#itshow of a party out of as many positions as possible, at every given opportunity.

This is a very simplistic view of the problem. Some (many) don't consider random grabbing to be assault.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Kavanaugh is trumps get out of jail free card. wouldn't matter if he assaulted 100 women he'll be elected.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Kavanaugh is democrats ticket TO JAIL. It doesn't matter how many lives your party will destroy if they can stop it.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder
Okay, you disgusting and pathetic pieces of human garbage. Even Fox News is saying that Ford seems completely credible, and that her testimony was devastating. Supposedly even Trump admitted that she seems completely credible. Chris Matthews said that it's obvious now that she has testified that this entire ordeal was a HUGE mistake by the GOP and that she is 100 percent credible.
So, are you going to admit how idiotic and ridiculous your accusations of this being a lying smear campaign were? Are you going to apologize? Or are you just going to remain willfully ignorant, pretend this never happened, and continue acting as if someone coming forward with sexual assault allegations is the enemy and the rapist is the victim?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Trump needs a justice in place that will rule in his favor that he can't be investigated or charged. Of the preapproved list of choices, Kavanaugh is the only one who holds that opinion. Which is why he was nominated.

Umm, Kavanaugh has a strong and robust so to speak viewpoint on Presidential powers and immunities while the president is in office. so in part what you are saying does appear to be Motive by its own definition. a "Shield" as you so eloquently put, and rightly put by yourself. But more than a shield...

This nomination is a huge deal to the opposition as it would allow the RIGHT advantage and clout in dealing with matters of not necessarily criminal but more to the point politicking which has been observed heavily by the Democratic Party.

So despite your leanings towards him seeking "Asylum" from being criminally indicted for conspiracy theories as of yet unfounded and unproven,
It seems that within their Powers the R having Leverage in the SCOTUS by this particular nomination would serve to not only give TEETH to the Republican Party but would also in the Same instant cause false allegations without evidence like the many spun tales and wild accusations to Simultaneously be DEFANGED.

so though you have a reasonable viewpoint and manner of speaking, and I do hope to engage you more often for your self controlled Etiquette even whilst trudging the mudpit...
Thats a rare compliment I give mind you, I would like to say that this only appears to be a shield by the representation of MSM,
But in Truth the real REASON Democrats are throwing any ad hom and strawman they can come up with to disrupt this vote is because if the GOP gets a man like Brett,
It will Resemble less a shield, and more a Headsman Axe to their "Smear" tactics, and could even stop Muellers investigation dead in its tracks given the appearance of good reason...

the D has a lot to fear from this nomination, which after researching what the powers of Scotus are I think despite their underhanded malpractice of "Social Justice"... they are right to fear, and you sir are correct that if they know whats good for them they will STOP THIS at ALL COSTS.

As Much as I want to see the D party fall into ruin, I am impressed with their recognition of the Scales of Balance, and I must now agree despite my many reservations and wishes in your original statement about "Wanting the Dems to FIGHT" because I have become educated that this SCOTUS election is one of the most key points in the Left Right War and if the R win this one, well, it will more likely take all the fun and excitement out of our HISTORIC BATTLE not just between Politicians but between the Minds and Hearts and Hedged Bets of the People!

in summary, if they block I will call foul, but if they elect him I will feel it was too easy....

You got a good sportsman in your heart Aazadan, please post more often, I admire your level head and sense of not fair but fun play. Your Viewpoint is undeniable in its Tenacity!!
Next Rounds on Me by the way, you have earned it, please stick around ATS, we all may not have much for brains when it comes to politics but we all, left and right, do our best to Interfere and Show those "Russians" how its done!
Drinks all Round!!:cheers :

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Kavanaugh is trumps get out of jail free card. wouldn't matter if he assaulted 100 women he'll be elected.

Thats a load of Malarkey!
Knoxie why are you here?
I am Anti Dem as it gets ok?
you show me proof beyond reasonable doubt of one Assault on a male or female, he was captain of the team you know.
No Jock...is without his dirty Laundry.
just one Knoxie.
just one....and I will bus up to washington and kick his ass in front of the supreme court itself while wearing a maga hat.
ok?
Deal?
]I have a new thread coming soon. I finally figured out why your side of the fence is upset. keep your eyes open for it ok? I get it ok? I finally realized what happened in you and your fellows hearts 2016!
I saw it in a lightbulb over my head last night while watching a movie with my feminazi girlfriends kids.
I promise you, I swear to you, Hope and Dreams are not lost little brother. no Orange Fat man can take those away. be a little patient, I am going to wake the "Right" to your Plight real soon.
I know now what you feel was taken from you.
I plan to Bring "IT" BACK.
I love you little brother, I Love YOU and all those whom you love. its time soon, to free Love and Peace from the Prison made by War and Fear.... just Believe, and you will see
edit on 27-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: misspell

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Malcador

Exactly right. Plus he/she assumes anything about these accusations is true. Then tries to hide behind "elitism is unrelatable" as if that's effective. Who should be on the most elite court if not people with the most prestigious backgrounds?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

go away

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

What's to protect any man from being Kavanaugh-ed? Never forget Democrats see all men as rapists unless proven otherwise.

Democrats are FAKE NEWS period!!!

(post by proximo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
After the last 2 weeks and especially last night, i really don't know how ANYONE could vote for a democrat again.
They have been so utterly disgraced all around the world. I know they have pulled this sh^t before with Bork and Thomas, but now there is worldwide 247 coverage.
Democrats have humiliated the entire country on a worldwide stage.
edit on 28/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

(post by burgerbuddy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join