It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No man should ever vote for Democrats again!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

These things need to be handled on a case by case basis.

One of the ways that can be done is by having an actual FBI investigation rather than playing politics like trying to ram through the nomination before the story can gain traction.

Another thing to look at is the accusers. These accusations have gone back years, and were current discussion topics earlier this year before he was even nominated. This isn't coming out of nowhere. Furthermore of the 4 accusations, 3 of them were all from completely different social groups that had no communication with each other. They're independent accusations.

This means there's a pattern of alleged sex abuse here. Then you have Kavanaugh's own writings bragging about his partying days. Then you have his roommates and classmates saying he did it. And now there's people coming forward who have a whole lot to lose by lying about this saying the same thing.

At a minimum this should be more than enough to slow down and investigate the claims. If he's innocent, then he shouldn't have anything to worry about because a successful nomination is a political freebie if done during the lame duck period. There's literally no downside to slowing down the process a bit and looking into the allegations.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Puppylove

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been busy.

Guilt by association is a thing, if you hang out with serial rapists you're no better than they are. It frankly doesn't even matter if he's guilty at this point (which he is). Either he helped his friends rape women, or he participated in it himself. There are 4 independent accusers at this point who submitted their stories to Congress without even knowing about each other.

These aren't false accusations.

The man is a serial rapist and sex offender.

You have to take it just too far don't you? Your OPINION is NOT fact. 4 women vs. the 200+ men and women who have vouched for Kavanaugh's character? You are part of the problem.

I think it's disgusting to post your opinion as fact especially when you are talking about ruining a man's life, not to mention his wife and children's lives.

The affadavit on first glance looks quite damning, but I want to know why hasn't it been at the very least notarized?

I'm having second thoughts now as to it's credibility. This political stunt really #ing takes the cake though, I must say.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
It happens in the business world too, two people of different gender are eyeing up a promotion for a retiring boss.
In order to get advantage in the selection process she knows is coming the female baits the male co-worker with flirty advances, he responds in kind, nothing happens. But when the decision time comes she claims inappropriate behavior of her co-worker, he claims it was mutual, she denies it. In the #metoo environment he doesn't survive in his current job never mind getting promoted, but she does get promoted.

Is that how we want our fathers, sons, nephews, husbands and brothers treated ?

Yes. A man should have enough self control to know better than to pull that type of crap in the work place.

All romantic relationships need a power balance. In that situation, regardless of who gets promoted, one will have power over the other. It is a liability, and any adult should be capable of understanding that and thinking with their big head rather than their small one.

The man in that situation 100% deserves to be fired for being stupid enough to go along with it. What other type of corporate liability is he going to create?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Grambler

At a minimum this should be more than enough to slow down and investigate the claims. If he's innocent, then he shouldn't have anything to worry about because a successful nomination is a political freebie if done during the lame duck period. There's literally no downside to slowing down the process a bit and looking into the allegations.

Which is exactly what the Dems wanted to achieve. In their evil and underhanded way. This is absolutely disgusting.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

While being logical and generous in your offering the process to slow down for due diligence, Aazadan, I humbly believe you're being far too kind to these hypocrites.

They act with hatred, anger, and loathing - they must be treated in due kind. For no one present actually believes if the roles were reversed those crying 'what about his family!' or 'innocent until proven guilty' would extend that fairness to a foe. Hypocrites. All of them. Snowflakes too.

Down with Kavanaugh, his rapey ways, his bro culture BS, and his terrible character.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Jason88 because: Stuff

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

God, you are pathetic.
First of all, dont be willfully stupid and disingenuous. There is a vast difference between assuming guilt, and asking for an investigation. It's a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, and there are multiple serious allegations against him, AND there is an established history of the committee conducting an FBI investigation prior to confirmation hearings under these circumstances
It is perfectly reasonable to request an investigation. In fact, its what's supposed to be done. To act as if asking for a hearing is some kind of witch hunt is absurd and idiotic, and downright disgusting. It's the right thing to do. Grassley and Hatch are both on record in the past as explicitly stating that there should be an FBI investigation before confirmation in these situations. If he has nothing to hide, then what is the issue?
Also: it's amazing how when, for decades upon decades upon decadesñ women were silenced or intimidated or threatened if they accused someone of rape, and their accusations were brushed off or dismissed, or guilty rapists got off left and right, that wasn't a problem. But now that people have the audacity to ask for a freaking investigation and for people to be held responsible, it's a huge problem? Now it's a serious issue? Women who were routinely getting dismissed and abused for decades is okay, people wanting someone accused of sexual assault by multiple people to be investigated = terrible problem and weaponization.
Pathetic. Pathetic and disgusting.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Make no mistake - these so-called Americans who support a corrupt puppet for a Supreme Court Justice, are your enemy. They'll strip women of their rights, the incel community within Trump's orbit has that goal, folks of color will live in fear, the White Nationalists Trump faction is gunning for that version of MAGA - and Americans with alternative lifestyles will be forced underground that's to the Christian extremists aligned with this administration.

I wouldn't spend one once of empathy reasoning with these idiots - the facts prove they're on the wrong side of history, and everyday Americans must stop them from forwarding their gross agendas - Kavanaugh will be stopped. Not because Dems are awful people, but because he is.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
You have to take it just too far don't you? Your OPINION is NOT fact. 4 women vs. the 200+ men and women who have vouched for Kavanaugh's character? You are part of the problem.

I think it's disgusting to post your opinion as fact especially when you are talking about ruining a man's life, not to mention his wife and children's lives.

The affadavit on first glance looks quite damning, but I want to know why hasn't it been at the very least notarized?

I'm having second thoughts now as to it's credibility. This political stunt really #ing takes the cake though, I must say.

Vouching for his character? You mean all those people who he didn't rape, saying that he didn't rape them? It only takes one, and it looks like we've got a lot more than one in this case.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Are you saying Bill Clinton is innocent?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Let me ask this. Why is it than when a woman is drinking and things go bad, she knew what she was getting into, but when a man is drinking and things go bad it's just "boys will be boys"?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

This is about Kavanaugh. Focus.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What man would continue to buy into the system when it's obvious that they are using our prejudices and animosity against us every chance they get?

Did you know that this whole political circus over the past 2+ years has intentionally been set up to cause as much animosity and outrage as possible? It's one social issue after another, they're pulling out all the stops in this psyop. It's social engineering 101 and you guys are falling the test. The more hate you build up inside of you the better it is for them and the less heat they take directly. They're winning and you guys don't even realize it.

Keep fighting each other though, the real enemy doesn't matter apparently, all that matters is that you prove you are right.

^This^

I was going to mention the word Machiavellian but i like social engineering 101 better. A senior member of the right farts in an elevator, the left media goes on a crusade against them. If a senior member of the left fails to return a library book on time the right media will want the accused locked up and have the key thrown away.

Machiavelli should be credited for the term sheeple, as he believed people were too stupid to think for themselves, and it's working so politicians employ their best tools...fear, misdirection and obfuscation in order to rise to power.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hope a lot of people on this thread that are calling Kavanaugh a rapist are prepared to be guilty themselves of any vile thing that anyone can accuse them of....I also hope they receive the same treatment by their peers and society at large. Maybe then they will learn to appreciate that in the US we have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

These allegations are not proof of anything. And your repeatedly insisting he is a rapist doesn't make it true.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

Make no mistake - these so-called Americans who support a corrupt puppet for a Supreme Court Justice, are your enemy. They'll strip women of their rights, the incel community within Trump's orbit has that goal, folks of color will live in fear, the White Nationalists Trump faction is gunning for that version of MAGA - and Americans with alternative lifestyles will be forced underground that's to the Christian extremists aligned with this administration.

if i can be serious for a minute.....

that about cover it?

perhaps the "accusers" should file a simple police report?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

His boss tries his cases in the media, now we all do. Kavanaugh will get an actual fair hearing, but Trump let us all know it's OK for a media trial. And you keep saying 'innocent until proven guilty'... are you sure your glass house is not broken from the last administration? ETA : I mention glass houses because it's difficult to be a participant in ATS and to not have have presumed guilty when you don't like someone. So, are you so pure?
edit on 26-9-2018 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88

His boss tries his cases in the media, now we all do. Kavanaugh will get an actual fair hearing, but Trump let us all know it's OK for a media trial. And you keep saying 'innocent until proven guilty'... are you sure your glass house is not broken from the last administration?

What the hell are you trying to say? Please, just come out and say it and don't beat around the bush about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I made an edit, above. In clear speak - Trump uses Twitter and FOX to disparage people he dislikes, he's a master media manipulator since his Howard Stern days. It's OK in Trump's world to judge people with half truths, fake news, missing facts, name calling. He does it every single day. By proxy he's told anyone who cares that's it okay to stoop to his level of discourse. You say innocent until proven guilty, but not by Trump standards - this is a media jury.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Jason88 because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

Thanks for the clarification and I simply disagree. And "not liking" someone and accusing them of sex crimes are entirely different things.

I can "not like" you because you are a jerk, IMO. I am not accusing you of a felony crime if I say that.

edit on 26-9-2018 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88

Fair enough.
Well, I added more.

new topics

top topics