It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No man should ever vote for Democrats again!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Far be it for me to insert myself into someone elses debate

But here is my take.

Gryphon is wrong in that the constitution does not have a time frame listed and doesnt say what he originally quoted it to.

However, I feel he is right that not allowing the vote on garland is against the spirit of what was meant in the constitution, and I am in agreement with him that I think what the Republicans did was horrible, and I say that as a republican.

Now the other user is right that this was first suggested by biden, who said Bush should not nominate a justice on a presidential election year.

However, that doesnt make it right for the republicans to have done this. It was wrong, and thats solely on them

To finish, despite the fact that what the republicans did was wrong, what the dems are doing now is wrong for the same reason, plus exponentially worse by trivializing sexual assault and possibly ruining an innocent man.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
We all need to understand that there is sexual/mental/physical assaults, rapes, abuse of many kinds that we need to all work towards stopping and educating to prevent as much as we can.

The problem I have is we label just about everything these days as an assault/rape etc. and this is really just trivializing and desensitizing people to real assaults and rapes. When Ford decided to put emphasis on her story by saying she felt she could die, I wonder how women who are actually beat up and raped feel about Ford comparing her situation to theirs when Ford's could easily be teens playing around too in the same scenario.

I don't think anyone can say that a REAL rape victim's experiences can be seen as anything else but what it was. The words Kavannaugh and rape have been used now in the same sentences by the left so many times I guess they believe it is one and the same now, and I think that is where many here are suggesting that anything now can be labeled as assault or rape even if there is no physical harm, no groping, no touching of private areas, no kissing etc... to at least put some physical facts to the label.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: MRinder

Running from the Democratic party for the Republican party. Sounds like you guys haven't learned anything.

You sound like a shill who wants to convince everyone that keeping things the same on both sides is not ignorant but turning ones back on either is ignorance.

the D platform of hate and using identity politics OVER AND OVER to get people to not only focus on the minor differences in how we look or think or identify and encouraging HATE over these issues,
might be the reason many have chosen to #WALKAWAY.

the other worst broken record thing with you is you accuse "BOTH" sides of doing the same thing.
Which is like saying having a small salad and eating a large meat pizza together is a BALANCED meal.
R doing hateful things = Small Salad
D BEING HATEFUL = Large Pizza
because D has been doing it since 2015 NON STOP.

and I loved your bit about "So n So giving these people a reason to be hypocrites, and Trump giving D reason to be hypocrites"

not only did you distribute blame in a misleading way of what or who is responsible for cause and effect but you failed to see the Narcissistic Scapegoating of Responsibility in your statement, which by laughable circumstance excludes YOU of any responsibility for the growing Attitude against your preferred BIAS.

also, you arent discussing the OP. half your posts should be removed to prevent thread drift as you are attacking peoples choice in their political views when that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OP.

quit hijacking other peoples threads to CRY about your Narcissistic Ego. by the replies you have received no one is buying your garbage. every thing you have said so far is off topic.
Start your own Thread in the RANT section if you want to tell us all about how anything we discuss is ignorant here...Im sure it will get lots of flags

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 25-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: Double Post

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gryphon66

Speaking of the Senate Majority Leader, he now feels that there are enough yes votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

mobile.twitter.com...

Thank God. Vote and lets all move on now. Whats-her-nuts can testify after he's sworn in.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
edit post error
edit on 25-9-2018 by AutisticEvo because: immersion issue

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

However, that doesnt make it right for the republicans to have done this. It was wrong, and thats solely on them

To finish, despite the fact that what the republicans did was wrong, what the dems are doing now is wrong for the same reason, plus exponentially worse by trivializing sexual assault and possibly ruining an innocent man.

Excepting their reason for blocking Nominations for SC on an Election Year is done to prevent an exiting POTUS from rigging the system for their party on their way out the door.

What the dems are doing right now (Underhandedly) is trying to prevent R from gaining leverage in the Litigation system and Courts.
Also Blocking Obama and Accusing Someone of Rape changes the context of the entire thing.

One was done in a more honest fashion,
the other is using slander to Interfere in an Electoral Process

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

did the senate refuse?
i would submit they were doing research on the nominee.
unless you have evidence otherwise?

Did you mention dishonesty?

Yeah, you did.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

An "honest fashion"? Refusing to follow Constitutional duties is admirable? McConnnel STATED that it was his intention to deny President Obama his right to appoint a Justice ... and by extension, the right of the American people who voted Mr. Obama in.

Further "what is happening now" is the actual process of "advice and consent" ... if you haven't heard of that, it's found, again in COTUS Article II.

I know, I know, it's good when your side does it and bad when the other side does ... but the two situations are similar ONLY to the extent that the bottom-line motivations on the part of the Senators is political.
edit on 25-9-2018 by Gryphon66 because: format

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We all need to understand that there is sexual/mental/physical assaults, rapes, abuse of many kinds that we need to all work towards stopping and educating to prevent as much as we can.

Well said.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I recently ran into the local sheriff who is up for re election this year. I met him right after I moved into this county, he's one of the few Democrats I've voted for in a general election since I was basically a twenty something kid. I let him know that due to the lunacy of the national party I could no longer in good conscious vote for anyone with a D to the left of their name. He's been a decent enough sheriff and has held the office for 4 terms, but I'm so disgusted by the antics of the national party I can't vote for any of them. Officially he said he hated to hear that and asked what he could do to earn my vote. A little more informality here mentioned he'd planned on retiring after this term but the local and state party think he's the only Democrat that can pull any cross party votes this cycle.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
I recently ran into the local sheriff who is up for re election this year. I met him right after I moved into this county, he's one of the few Democrats I've voted for in a general election since I was basically a twenty something kid. I let him know that due to the lunacy of the national party I could no longer in good conscious vote for anyone with a D to the left of their name. He's been a decent enough sheriff and has held the office for 4 terms, but I'm so disgusted by the antics of the national party I can't vote for any of them. Officially he said he hated to hear that and asked what he could do to earn my vote. A little more informality here mentioned he'd planned on retiring after this term but the local and state party think he's the only Democrat that can pull any cross party votes this cycle.

You'd rather have some unknown person with an "R" by their name instead of your current Sheriff that you know to be a good man?

Spoken like a true partisan.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: shooterbrody

did the senate refuse?
i would submit they were doing research on the nominee.
unless you have evidence otherwise?

Did you mention dishonesty?

Yeah, you did.

You have evidence otherwise?
By all means please present it!

Why didn't Barack nom in recess?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

If they are going to weaponize rape and every man is assumed guilty why would any man in his right mind ever vote for a Democrat?

Who would ever vote for a party that dismisses any woman brave enough to speak as a liar, slut, political operative?

Bill Cosby was sentenced today. Ya know how long people shouted down his accusers? Called them lairs? Money hungry whores? etc? For being drugged and raped and having the courage to speak about it.

Rape happens and no one is assumed guilty until proven guilty.

Only the GOP decide that every woman that speaks up should be attacked, smeared, bullied, slandered and threatened with murder and above else should remain silent.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

the D platform of hate and using identity politics OVER AND OVER to get people to not only focus on the minor differences in how we look or think or identify and encouraging HATE over these issues,
might be the reason many have chosen to #WALKAWAY.

A) #Walkaway is a hoax promoted by Russian Troll Armies.
B) Right wing rants only make sense when you replace (D) with (R)...it's a chronic projection syndrome.
edit on 25-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Only the GOP decide that every woman that speaks up should be attacked, smeared, bullied, slandered and threatened with murder and above else should remain silent.

It's okay Bacchus ... just remember that Republicans are the classy, moral and ethical party not to mention Jesus and Family Values ... they just happen to have more sex scandals and confessed crimes than everyone else.

It's the Deep State, I tell ya.
edit on 25-9-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yes, false accusations happen, but by a WIDE MARGIN, factual accusations are ignored or downplayed, right?

Yes, accusations can ruin someone's reputation ... all the more reason for Mr. Kavenaugh to want the matter investigated so that he can be exonerated, right?

Politics is a dirty business. Like denying a sitting President the right to appoint a SCOTUS Justice, right?

The Democrats should be ashamed? Probably. I'd say that Politicians should be ashamed, like those who denied the American people an up or down vote on the nominee President Obama put forth, right?

Using the rules that Kiddie Groper Biden came up. That, just like the current idiocy shows that the Democrats are too stupid to realize that the rules they create will be used against them.

If you are all butthurt over Garland being denied take it up with the idiot Democrats that made it possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Malcador

The so-called "Biden rule" is a fiction.

The only matter to be addressed in this regard is the total trampling of the Constitution that has been perpetrated by the Republicans in the Senate. Folks have long memories.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

You should look up the meanings of "Devils Triangle", "FFFFF" as in "FFFFFourth of July" or "boofing" or see what Kavenaugh's former classmate "Renate" has to say about what he and 9 other of his teammates bragged about.

FFFFF
heavy.com...

Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to a Woman It Named
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 25-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

It's okay Bacchus ... just remember that Republicans are the classy, moral and ethical party not to mention Jesus and Family Values ... they just happen to have more sex scandals and confessed crimes than everyone else.

It's the Deep State, I tell ya.

We just get laid more than Democrats because chicks dig us because we have jobs and stuff and we aren't crazy and gullible.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join