It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh denies assault allegations in exclusive interview

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Feinstein withheld the accusation letter because it was a fraud.

mobile.twitter.com...

Pretty good assessment by her....and even had mine about the bathroom thing in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

More importantly the Senate Majority Leader now feels that they have enough votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Could it be that she has reservations about that aspect of due process?

Definitely. This whole thing is about reservations, and it's not as if she's been treated well so far

There's a reason why she didn't come out with this when she was just a girl. There's a reason why she brings it up now - as a full grown woman

Still - a formal request has been made for a full FBI investigation. What's preventing one from happening? Certainly the FBI is as capable of looking into this as well as the press has - and wouldn't it be to Kavanaugh's advantage to have his name cleared?

Wouldn't it be better for the GOP all around to not have a judge with a sullied reputation sitting on the bench?

No - I don't think it matters to them. They'll have their judge - regardless

edit on 9/25/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Geez give up in the FBI already, please.
Many people including experts have explained over and over that this is not under FBI jurisdiction.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Feinstein withheld the accusation letter because it was a fraud.

mobile.twitter.com...

There ate some interesting points made there, but my no means is it proof.

I can already come up with many responses.

She wrote poorly because she was so worked up rethinking about the ordeal, so she had grammar errors.

Which could be believable.

I do think that the person questioning her should question this letter.

When did she write it? On what computer did she do so? Did anyone else other than the people she sent it to see it?

Then, I wonder if the computer she claims to have wrote in on can be searched.

I would assume she would have no problem with this if it is legit.

But I guess she would say this is attacking the victim.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Geez give up in the FBI already, please. Many people including experts have explained over and over that this is not under FBI jurisdiction.

But Blue - your president can do this. It's his nomination. It's his reputation on the line as well

FACT CHECK: Can The Senate Enlist The FBI To Reopen A Kavanaugh Investigation?

Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, could ask President Trump to instruct the FBI to become involved. The bureau reports to him in the organizational structure of the government, and for these purposes acts as a kind of "contractor" for the White House, as former FBI assistant director Ron Hosko told NPR.

"If the White House were to ask the FBI to reopen its file and go conduct the investigation, the FBI could do that," he said. "I think they could do it swiftly, effectively and report back within days."

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday he believed President Donald Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh, would be confirmed to the lifetime position.

Believes :-)

Meanwhile:

WASHINGTON — Republican Party leaders may be insisting that they will install Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, but Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is offering a blunt warning of her own: Do not prejudge sexual assault allegations against the nominee that will be aired at an extraordinary public hearing on Thursday.

“We are now in a place where it’s not about whether or not Judge Kavanaugh is qualified,” Ms. Murkowski, a key swing Republican vote, said in an extended interview in the Capitol Monday night. “It is about whether or not a woman who has been a victim at some point in her life is to be believed.”

One of two Republican women in the Senate who supports abortion rights — Susan Collins of Maine is the other — Ms. Murkowski was always expected to be a critical vote in Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation process. But she is making clear that, beyond matters of abortion, she is deeply troubled by Christine Blasey Ford’s story of a sexual assault by Judge Kavanaugh when she was 15 and he was 17.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

There will be at least two Democrats who will also vote for Cavanaugh's confirmation.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
As if the guy would come out on Fox News of alll places and say
"Like duude, I only touched her a bit... a little bit is all.. not bukkake as such ..."
Laughable

Would this be the 5 minute Mud Pit, or the full hour ?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

There will be at least two Democrats who will also vote for Cavanaugh's confirmation.

Guaranteed?

Maybe last week - stuff changes

I would be willing to bet that after tomorrow there will be only more uncertainty. You can almost feel people backing away

But Mitch does seem to be determined

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Guaranteed?

Maybe last week - stuff changes

I would be willing to bet that after tomorrow there will be only more uncertainty. You can almost feel people backing away

But Mitch does seem to be determined

What happens tomorrow?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Michael Avenatti Is a Relentless Self-Promoter, But He Hasn't Been Wrong Yet

Judging from letters that Avenatti has sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee, it is likely that this "witness and victim" will accuse Kavanaugh of being part of a high-school clique that would try to incapacitate women with drink and then rape them en masse. Avenatti is continuing to demand that Mark Judge be made to testify under oath despite the fact that, as we said, Avenatti has no standing to demand anything.

“She has been granted multiple security clearances in the past including Public Trust & Secret,” Avenatti wrote. “The GOP and others better be very careful in trying to suggest that she is not credible.”

On Twitter over the weekend, Avenatti suggested he represents a third Kavanaugh accuser after a second woman surfaced in a report by Ronan Farrow on Sunday. Avenatti said that his client has previously done work within the State Department, U.S. Mint and the Department of Justice.

It might be BS - but I'm guessing not. Last week I was reading a piece by a DA - someplace - I'll never find that article again. But she said something that struck me as being pretty consistently true - proclivities have a way of outing people. Once a predator - always a predator. She suggested after Ford came forward that there would be more women coming out against him

Of course - it could be a plot. My gut tells me it's not. I guess we'll see what happens

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Michael Avenatti Is a Relentless Self-Promoter, But He Hasn't Been Wrong Yet

Judging from letters that Avenatti has sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee, it is likely that this "witness and victim" will accuse Kavanaugh of being part of a high-school clique that would try to incapacitate women with drink and then rape them en masse. Avenatti is continuing to demand that Mark Judge be made to testify under oath despite the fact that, as we said, Avenatti has no standing to demand anything.

“She has been granted multiple security clearances in the past including Public Trust & Secret,” Avenatti wrote. “The GOP and others better be very careful in trying to suggest that she is not credible.”

On Twitter over the weekend, Avenatti suggested he represents a third Kavanaugh accuser after a second woman surfaced in a report by Ronan Farrow on Sunday. Avenatti said that his client has previously done work within the State Department, U.S. Mint and the Department of Justice.

It might be BS - but I'm guessing not. Last week I was reading a piece by a DA - someplace - I'll never find that article again. But she said something that struck me as being pretty consistently true - proclivities have a way of outing people. Once a predator - always a predator. She suggested after Ford came forward that there would be more women coming out against him

Of course - it could be a plot. My gut tells me it's not. I guess we'll see what happens

He's already backed off his claim AND made his twitter private this morning after a story came out that it was a 4chan troll....

Pretty sure he got GOT.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Avenatti denies being 'duped' by 4Chan user on Kavanaugh claims

He says she's a real witness - vetted - DOJ security clearance. If he has the goods we'll know soon enough

Listen - for what its worth - this whole thing turns my stomach. I'd rather he was innocent - this story stinks. I'd rather everything wasn't so adversarial. I'd rather McConnell didn't go all scorched earth with Merrick Garland. I wish our leaders would focus more on ideas and governing - less on strategy and winning

It's too late now. If this guy was what they wanted - at any cost, then at any cost it is

I believe in due process. I don't believe in letting a predator skate just because he's made it this far in life and looks all clean and successful. That's not partisan, that's me as a woman knowing that this sort of thing happens often enough and it needs to be investigated. I've lost a lot of respect for a lot of people this past year. I keep hoping we're going to come together and things are going to change

I still believe that that can happen

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Grambler

"old white men" are Pretty Good at Asking Questions according to my DAD .

Sounds like a racist member of the patriarchy.

Check his privilege.

Did You Just INSULT My Father Mr. G ? Do Not #ing Go there Man ! .....

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Avenatti denies being 'duped' by 4Chan user on Kavanaugh claims

He says she's a real witness - vetted - DOJ security clearance. If he has the goods we'll know soon enough

Listen - for what its worth - this whole thing turns my stomach. I'd rather he was innocent - this story stinks. I'd rather everything wasn't so adversarial. I'd rather McConnell didn't go all scorched earth with Merrick Garland, I wish our leaders would focus on governing and less on strategy

It's too late now. If this guy was what they wanted - at any cost, then at any cost it is

I believe in due process. I don't believe in letting a predator skate just because he's made it this far in life and looks all clean and successful. That's not partisan, that's me as a woman knowing that this sort of thing happens often enough and it needs to be investigated. I've lost a lot of respect for a lot of people this past year. I keep hoping we're going to come together and things are going to change

I still believe that that can happen

I have seen that he denies it....what would anyone do in that scenario in such a high profile position and making wild claims of gangbang parties?

I'll bet my dog nothing comes out from his "client".

This has all been a smear campaign on Kav. Avenatti just got caught up in it.

I mean think about it...why would the person Avenatti is talking to even mention clearances and working for government? Does that make them more credible? Or does that make their story SOUND more credible?

Think of it like someone name dropping.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I mean think about it...why would the person Avenatti is talking to even mention clearances and working for government? Does that make them more credible? Or does that make their story SOUND more credible?

Avanatti has made good on his claims before. Like I said - we'll know soon enough

I know you want it to be a smear campaign - but sometimes people are not what they seem

Anyway, a solid investigation would tell us all what we need to know one way or another. Even if it's not what we want to know - regardless of which side we're on

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Dont really believe the whole 4 chan hoax, but here is my thing with avanetti.

Say you were a woman that was the victim of a gang rape by kavanaugh.

You see these stories coming out, and decide to go public.

Why in God's name would you call avenatti?

Wouldnt you contact a congressperson, a law enforcement agent, or a more respected lawyer or journalists?

Instead you contact a lawyer that you know will instantly lower your credibility, to where even politico is reporting dems are distancing themselves from?

Democrats believe Ramirez but stiff-arm Avenatti

www.politico.com...

I can only think of one reason to contact avenatti; you were trying to get fame or money.

You would have seen how stormy became a sort of hero of the left, and wanted that treatment.

Now that doesnt mean the woman who contacted avenatti is lying, but it certainly hurts her image and credibility in deciding to go with him, and sacrafice legitimacy for fame or noteriety.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I Am Waiting for an Apology , or your Name will be MUD in my Book Sir ! ..............

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Avanatti has made good on his claims before. Like I said - we'll know soon enough

I know you want it to be a smear campaign - but sometimes people are not what they seem

Anyway, a solid investigation would tell us all what we need to know one way or another. Even if it's not what we want to know - regardless of which side we're on

But when do the invetsigations stop?

So far we have three accusers with not crroborating witbneseeds, no physical evidnce, and in avenattis case nothing at all, not even a name.

Lets say we investigate witgh the fbi, and it takes a week.

Well maybe at the end of that week, another lawyer, or avenatti again has a woman with no real details, who thinks she remembers kvanaugh expose himself once.

I guess another week long investigation.

And then another woman has a similar story!

At what point do we say enough is enough?

The dems sat on this story for 6 weeks while the fbi was doing background checks. This is a disgusting politicization of sexual assault that no one on the left seems to want to caall them out for.

Now we just have to set back though, and allow investigation after investigation to occur.

Maybe they will continue right up until the midterms right? Or maybe until 2020 or beyond!

That would be very convenient for the dems, wouldnt it?

And what a good precedent; set on and trivilize sexual assault allegations, and you too can achieve political victories!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join