It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSW child sex offenders unmonitored due to lack of resources

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: myselfaswell

How much money, through equipment and personnel, is tasked to catch people doing a few km/h over the speed limit?

How many resources are abused through targeting people who might chuff on the odd joint now and again?

As far as I can see this story is a direct product of the misuse of the resources currently available to the police. And the ultimate culprits of that are, surprise surprise, politicians.

No money in putting away sex offenders. Moving violations, parking violations, drug busts, etc. produce revenue.

But with those crimes come solutions. Self driving cars. Legalize drugs.
What's to be done with child molesters? Castration?

Consider what will happen when self driving tech becomes reliable. Truck drivers, taxi drivers, delivery drivers, etc. all out of work. No more vehicle revenue for law enforcement, speeding tickets, parking tickets, etc. Insurance would no longer be paid by drivers; it would be the responsibility of manufacturers. Manufacturers and insurance would lobby Congress to minimize their payouts. Insurance companies would eliminate advertising. Hospitals would get less money. Essentially, it would make major changes to "the economy."

Legalize drugs? Once again, law enforcement loses money. The pharmaceutical industry also loses money. Most importantly, the banks lose money. The drug trade funnels money from the poor to a few individuals. You can only keep so much cash under your mattress, eventually it goes to banks that launder it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Do people that have murdered people, or violently assaulted people , or committed armed robbery, or drug dealers have to register and be monitored? No they don't , the easy boogeyman are sex offenders when in actuality the recidivism rate among sex offenders is the lowest of any other crime.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I don't really give a toss, if someone living next door to me is even remotely likely to reoffend, I want them kept check on.

Hell screw tagging them with bracelets, friggen microchip the scumbag.

And provide an app that alerts me whenever he is within 100 meters of me.

Rock spiders do not deserve second chances. Not for me.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: rollanotherone

not really, it just bugs me that people need a boogeyman to villify.

A pedo is not a boogeyman. It's a verified threat.

Give me the axe, I'll swing it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yeah thats what I have never been able to believe. I mean seriously we are talking about crimes against children. Resources are always available especially if the Police minister puts a case for emergency funds.

It just doesn't wash. As many other threads have pointed out it's like they want these crims to evade.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If you read Gumshoe News there a number of articles on this topic recently and they mentioned a video by some bloke whose thing is that its much worse that most people realise.

If you go to pedosdownunder.com which belongs to Fiona Barnett she will tell you she survived two lots of hunting runs when she was a child. On one occasion he picked up a small child and run that it be she had to discard to save herself because the hunting pack was getting too close.

Apparenaly also, the Child welfare people, the cops and pedos are doing here what they do in the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
you wont fix anything trying to gps track them ... if a gangbanger is smart enough to remove it befor he dose a driveby im shure kinko the clown will aswell so unless where going to inplant gps trackers in there brain it just wont work to acctualy stop them and even than i doubt it will stop them intime

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They wouldn't have to monitor them if they put them where they belong, in a cemetery.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And in other good news around the world

Country to chemically castrate convicted paedophiles
"THOUSANDS of convicted paedophiles will undergo forced castration, a year after Australia considered the same punishment"

www.news.com.au...

KAZAKHSTAN is set to begin chemically castrating convicted paedophiles. A sex attacker in the Turkestan region is about to undergo an injection supervised by the country’s health ministry, officials announced. The forcible castration is punishment for being found guilty of paedophilia in April 2016, The Sun reports.

President Nursultan Nazarbayev has allocated $AU37,200 for some 2000 injections on men who commit child abuse attacks this year. Deputy health minister Lyazat Aktayeva said: “At the moment there has been one request for chemical castration in accordance with a court ruling.” The identity of the paedophile has not been revealed. Kazakhstan introduced a new law on chemical castration at the start of this year.

“Funds have been allocated for more than 2000 injections,” Ms Aktayeva said. When the law was passed Senator Byrganym Aitimova said that castration would be “temporary”, consisting of a “one-time injection” based on “the necessity of preventing the man from (committing) sexual violence”

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I have read Fiona's horrific accounts in the past, heart-breaking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join