It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Instagram message

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If there was a Top 500 scams I would rank this maybe 498 haha what a cheap try.
I guess scams aren't as good as they used to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GordonCole

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

If I won’t give my phone number why would anyone assume I’d give my bank info?

Just load a malicious app and they will get it without you sending it.

WhatsApp is a commonly used app it's not malicious.

I'm not saying they could not do something to you through the app somehow after you contact them through it. But, as far as I know, simply downloading the app on it's own and using it should be harmless.

Or at least as harmless as any other app.

I remember when one of those tech sites did an article claiming they tested the top 10 most downloaded Flashlight apps on the Google Play store and all of them except one had malicious wares on em.

My last 3 or so phones have had a built in flashlight. And I'm pretty sure all the non-flashlight apps are safe.

edit on 9/25/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

While certainly interesting, this is a scam, just as everyone else has said.

What I find interesting about it is, I wonder how they pick their targets. I don't have Instagram, but depending on what you're sharing, perhaps they could have seen something to single you out.

Additionally, organizations do not work like that, to the best of my knowledge. I would assume that one would have to seek out whichever organization and then apply--or be related in some fashion.

Point being: Don't share your number.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I did this on my phone, got watsap followed all the prompts sent my money in and I am living on easy street, my golden throne and purple coat thing came in the mail, I have a scepter and me and my family are now millionaires
Only $300.00 AU

That's a bargain, why wouldn't you do it, you are all just sea monkeys now to me and my illuminati friends

Some of this statement above may not be true

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

These org. scams are popular in Europe, all they want and ask is to install an APP, most of the time they are the source Trojans and other malicious programs that stealing your (and others) personal info from your phone without you noticing it. Ever heard of Android problems with their APPS in the past few months lately..?

Illuminati supposed to be (hush hush and secret org) and as secret org they never get out and scream about their agendas, they never did this before, why now..?

Stay safe and away from these clowns mate….

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
FYI, if not already posted:

The co-founders of Instagram, Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, have resigned and are leaving the photo-sharing app company.

Full Article: www.zdnet.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The WhatsApp wording didn't register when i was scanning thru the text. Then they might know an exploit, although probably unlikely.

The man should try the instructions, fame and fortune might be good.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Computer is fraud is a good business. The authorities really don't do much to catch culprits unless they are attacking the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This scam has been raised on 419eater.com

It is in their forums here

This is probably one of the best places to find out about scams.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People like this are usually scammers. You can tell by how desperate they are. Be careful out there, man.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"financially free"

"lead you to the path of light"

BIG warning bells in my view - just a scam.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh come on, what kind of Grandmaster doesn't have Instagram?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join