It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So while everyone talks about sexual misconduct, here are some policies-Kavanaugh

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am Not a Troll , but a Long Standing Member of ATS . I am a Man , and I Stand By My Words Sir !

edit on 24-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree with you there, my previous comment was aimed at the member you replied to, even though I authored it to you.

Well you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't recall ever expressing an opinion on the matter. Could you show me where I did? If not, I'd appreciate an apology.

My statement was more of a general one ,not necessarily directed at you personally, I often see people say they earned the money they can damn well do what the wish, well these corporations now have immense power of persuasion and are using it to further their platforms at the expense of our rights.

I apologise for any confusion...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I agree with you there, my previous comment was aimed at the member you replied to, even though I authored it to you.

Well you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't recall ever expressing an opinion on the matter. Could you show me where I did? If not, I'd appreciate an apology.

We Get It . Money May Talk , but B.S. Always Walks . Corporate Purchases of Individual Votes is a MYTH . Lobbing Yes , attempted Influence , Yes , but it is a Fools Errand to Think that would Buy an Election ...

My statement was more of a general one ,not necessarily directed at you personally, I often see people say they earned the money they can damn well do what the wish, well these corporations now have immense power of persuasion and are using it to further their platforms at the expense of our rights.

I apologise for any confusion...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

He didn't lay the groundwork, he reached a similar conclusion.

If we want what is lawful changed then we need to change laws, that's not what the courts are supposed to be doing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He didn't lay the groundwork, he reached a similar conclusion.

If we want what is lawful changed then we need to change laws, that's not what the courts are supposed to be doing.

I get that, but at some point we have to ask ourselves how far we want this trend to go.

We're seeing an increase in Globalist democrats and rhino's pushing agendas that are more suited for corporate donors than constituents.

We're seeing no pushback from either side of the isle on foreign wars against countries who didn't attack us, and we're losing them.

I think it's a shame though people are getting past the point of talking about it civilly (not directed at you but the country as a whole).

The democrats didn't bring these issues up, they instead were yelling over people and making a scene at one of the top institutions.

Most people part of an ideology only care about their team winning these days rather than content of the platform. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Courts aren't supposed to be making laws.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Courts aren't supposed to be making laws.

Again, fully aware of that as I've said.

Many members have said "vote in one's to change it" as if all of elected officials keep their platform promises.

But courts can overturn laws, they are the check and balance of all elected officials.

If you think it's free speech for corporations to make laws (lobbyists literally write many of them) and fund political campaigns with unlimited money, more power to you.

I think we are getting to a point of almost oligarchy with unequal representation. That's my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Like he and many others have said before - if you don't like the laws vote people into Congress who will change them. Judges don't MAKE new laws. They interpret them.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

If they are unconstitutional. This isn't. Congress needs to act, not the courts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join