It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh- What if he did do those things?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: JasonBillung

What do you mean from my post?
I never said that.

My sincere apologies. It was another poster that I quoted.

I have removed the posting that was inaccurately ascribed to you.

Once again, sorry for any trouble I may have caused for my mistake.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
two of the classmates want their names removed from the statement prepared by kavanaugh lawyers that said they dispute the claims by ramirez.

snap.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: JAGStorm

What if Kavanaugh masterminded 9/11?
What if Kavanaugh has Hillary's emails?
What Kavanaugh had Bigfoot's baby?

The more I look at this woman, the more she looks familiar.

Hey, wait a second.

She might of assaulted me when I was drinking 40 years ago.

Where is my hearing ?
Talk is cheap...go for it!

I could make up a 40 year old whopper.

You were there I saw you.

Prove you weren’t. Not very fair is it ?

link   

Thank you for correcting it.

link   
a reply to: knoxie

snap back:

After publication of the report, two of the signatories of that statement, Louisa Garry and Dino Ewing, contacted The New Yorker and requested that their names be removed. They said that they do not “wish to dispute Ramirez’s claims.”

“I never saw or heard anything like this,” Garry said. “But I cannot dispute Ramirez’s allegations, as I was not present.”

www.thecut.com...

“I also was not present and therefore am not in a position to directly dispute Ramirez’s account,” Ewing said, though The New Yorker reported that he emphasized that the allegation was “out of character” for Kavanaugh.
edit on 24-9-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

I was not discussing the specifics of this case in my posts. I was addressing the numerous comments that were attempting to normalize sexual assault behavior in the context of the 1980's.

If you read my threads, no where did I mention that I believed or dis-believed the story that either party is telling.

I was objecting to many posters who seemed to think that attempting to rape a 15 year old girl in the 1980's was somehow acceptable.

Please do not try to shovel words into my mouth, or change the obvious meaning of the words that I have posted.

I shall attempt to show the same courtesy to you.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I don't blame them.
This whole issue is toxic. I'm sure they want nothing to do with it and are angry about being dragged into it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that no one said that attempting to rape a 15 year old is ok.

There were discussions of the party atmosphere of the 80's. That is not the same thing as you are describing.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Think of the crap storm a panty raid would cause now?

What I find odd about Ford’s account is the swimming suit? Is that an actual part of her account? She cannot remember the time of year? Why she was wearing a swim suit? Was it wet from swimming, and she stayed in it? Or was it dry? Did she have a change of clothes? She doesn’t remember swimming? Or why she had a swim suit on? Did she wear only the swim suit home.

The thing about her swim suit is the strangest thing to me? I love swimming, but hate staying in a wet swim suit.
edit on 24-9-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 24-9-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Then they shouldn't have waited 30 something years, at the most important time of his life to so vaguely try to destroy him with innuendo, drunken memories they can't prove are real, at a location they can't quite recall, with witnesses that can't corroborate their claims, using leftists 'resistance' lawyers to help them piece it together.

I don't believe them, and I honestly don't care at this point if he did do those things. You ever been to a drunk fest in 80's? All the guys showed off their junk, and the girls were right there showing off theirs right along with them.

It was a different time back then. And if someone got out of hand, they got their A$$e5 beat for it. Usually by their friends, no less.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

There were discussions of the party atmosphere of the 80's. That is not the same thing as you are describing.

If you go back and read my posts, I think you will agree that there was an attempt to normalize sexual assault in the context of the 1980's.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Actually if you read through the threads on the subjects a substantial amount if posts are trying to normalize this. Many border on victim blaming because she was drunk.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
If you are not over 40, you can't imagine what times were like back then.
I think we'd all be in jail. - I'm serious.

Kids used to make mixed drinks for their parents, we used to buy cigarettes, we used to sit on our parents lap while the car was driving, we used to take sips of beer with adults, we used to pinch people on the butt if they didn't wear green on st. Patrick's day. Seriously, I could write ten pages of things we did back then that would probably get us all arrested today.

My father once took a loaded revolver to school for a show-and-tell, which everyone was ok with.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Nickn3

So, you're changing the narrative too. Saying, "What if it really happened? If it did really happen, it didn't happen the way the victim claims, She wanted it then, but now she's lying."

You've changed the narritive from "What if it did happen" to "She wanted it and now she's lying."

So, it wasn't horse play at all. It was consensual sex, almost?

I’m just being honest I lived through the 70 and 80. I know what the culture was like. The kids today are soft by comparison and so are the young adults.

You guys don’t get what I’m saying the culture has changed love way easy. I’m not talking about rape, only an ass hole would do that and he would get a beating for it.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually if you read through the threads on the subjects a substantial amount if posts are trying to normalize this. Many border on victim blaming because she was drunk.

No we are blaming her because they are both lying. Their own friends won't even corroborate their stories, BECAUSE THEY ARE LYING!
edit on 24-9-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

People don't understand if they didn't live it. Just like the pinching butt example. Today that would be considered assault.
Back then every single person in all school levels would get pinched if they didn't wear green on st. pattys day. Even our teachers would remind us to wear green if we didn't want to get pinched!!!

soooo all of us pinching fools back in the 70's and 80's are we all guilty of assault.. ?????? do tell.

blogs.findlaw.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What If He Did Not ? Then What ? Try to Destroy a Mans Career Over Very Questionable Accusations , and If Not Successful , Suffer the Consequences of your Unwise Actions ...

In His Own Words ........

" Kavanaugh said he has no intention of giving up his Supreme Court bid out of frustration or anger at the allegations.

“I know I'm telling the truth," he asserted.

The interview follows a letter Kavanaugh sent Monday to the Senate Judiciary Committee, declaring the allegations by Ford and two other subsequent accusers are “smears, pure and simple,” calling the accusations "grotesque and obvious character assassination" that could dissuade others from entering public service.

Kavanaugh said he has no intention of giving up his Supreme Court bid out of frustration or anger at the allegations.

“I will not let false accusations drive us out of this process and, and you know, we're looking for a fair process where I can be heard and defend… my integrity, my lifelong record promoting dignity or equality for women, starting with the women who knew me when I was 14 years old,” he said.

“ I'm not going anywhere.”

Kavanaugh said threats of violence against his family and "the coordinated effort to destroy my good name" won't drive him out. "

Does that Sound Like a MAN who has some Sorted Past to Hide ? I Think Not , and Many other Americans Think that too .

Let Justice Be Served !

www.newsmax.com...

Read Newsmax: Kavanaugh Fights Back Against Accusers | Newsmax.com

link   
With the (for the moment) complete and total lack of anything resembling evidence I have a hard time even trying to take the other side the story seriously.

IF everything Ford said was 100% true and they had evidence to back it up, I would be fine with pulling him from consideration.

But absent that, they should go and hold the vote and confirm him, because this is just a side show.

link   

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

me too . sorry about the other reply , forgot to put anything in . Must have had to much fun in the 80's

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join