It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will She Or Won't She Testify On Thursday?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
At this point if she doesn't show up she'll lose what little credibility and benefit of the doubt being given to her so far by Republicans. Unless some unforeseen "event" occurs my prediction is she'll be there.

As for her testifying under oath, IDK ? Does she even have a choice ? Again, she loses credibility if she doesn't, especially when BK is willing to testify under oath.

Rumors have circulated that Grassley has received info, possibly a tape, from Dem staffers that are so appalled by the scheme to derail BK's nomination with these false accusations that they are willing to come forward if they are offered immunity. Not sure why they need immunity exactly, maybe they signed NDA's ?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: IAMTAT

Will this be behind closed doors? If she shows up I mean? I've been following the whole story and claims and would love to watch them testify. Also, if she doesn't show will he still have to talk about it and again will that be in front of the cameras?

My guess it will be 'closed door' only if Republicans use a woman attorney to question her.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Will this be behind closed doors? If she shows up I mean? I've been following the whole story and claims and would love to watch them testify. Also, if she doesn't show will he still have to talk about it and again will that be in front of the cameras?

It will be a public hearing in front of cameras and the world. She will testify first, then Mr. Kavanaugh.

High drama on Capitol Hill!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think she will show, and lie through her teeth under oath. Who can prove otherwise with any degree of accuracy. It been 37 years. All she has to do is be vague and convincing to the ones that want to believe her. Mission accomplished.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

And Kavanaugh will show up in a thong speedo with some of his bros, a kegger and a cup to play quarters in.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I think she will show, and lie through her teeth under oath. Who can prove otherwise with any degree of accuracy. It been 37 years. All she has to do is be vague and convincing to the ones that want to believe her. Mission accomplished.

I think Kavanaugh and Judge can still file a lawsuit against her for slander.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
According to her letter to Sen. Grassley she will be showing up.

Kavanaugh and his wife will appear on Fox exclusively at 7pm tonight. (eastern)

He says he's not withdrawing and will fight to clear his name.

Wow! I am blown away by this letter. This letter side by side with the supposed letter Ford sent to Feinstein not only look different but speak differently in style. It is an interesting note of fact...there is a dramatic difference in these two letters, but why?

Personal writing styles do not change this dramatically.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Wow! I am blown away by this letter. This letter side by side with the supposed letter Ford sent to Feinstein not only look different but speak differently in style. It is an interesting note of fact...there is a dramatic difference in these two letters, but why?

The most recent one was written by her attorney.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Her students have mentioned several.

Seems she has a full bag of issues and much of it might be being a part of that world as a psychologist, I have seen one or two of them nuttier then their patients... Many seem to have worked on a good list of their own mental issues, maybe it is part of the territory.

edit on 24-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I can see this being possible, but her letter to Feinstein is the most curious. This professor has published many works and so obviously has some skill in professional writing...why would the Feinstein letter style not still reflect that similar style?

Simply hoping the Senate investigation was wondering why too.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Democrats and the mainstream media are really upset that Brett Kavanaugh and his wife are going to appear on Fox News this evening at 7 p.m. Eastern. They are already accusing him of obstruction!

link   

no show. Of course there will be excuses, and well, perhaps some well timed tears, but in the end, perjury isn't a good look on anyone, and she needs all the help she can get.

She isn't needed anyhow, the damage is done and mission has been accomplished. A good person who was likely the best suited for the job will be forever known as a Duke Lacross player rapist.
edit on 24-9-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I can see this being possible, but her letter to Feinstein is the most curious. This professor has published many works and so obviously has some skill in professional writing...why would the Feinstein letter style not still reflect that similar style?

Simply hoping the Senate investigation was wondering why too.

CC...can you link the full unredacted original letter?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think it would be a decent bet that she doesn't show, because she has to know she will get hammered after this is all said and done, unless they have a smoking gun in hiding.

If I am wrong and she does show, Ill say no to under oath for the same reason.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

FIRST QUESTION: Will she actually show up on Thursday to testify, as she has indicated?

Yes

SECOND QUESTION: If she does show up...will she do so UNDER OATH?

Yes

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think they brought in this new allegation to get Kavanaugh to fold.
I believe that the Republicans are calling the Democrats bluff. They did say they are going with the vote shortly after the whatever you call that thing that is happening on Thursday.
Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
She will show, well unless there are fears for her safety from some nutjob conservative.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
She will show, well unless there are fears for her safety from some nutjob conservative.

That could be the last minute excuse she needs to not show up Thursday.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mitch McConnel went to some length to emphasise the fact that the hearings on Thursday will be under oath. He repeated it a few times during his speech. I hope Dr Ford was listening well. I also hope that if she does testify and is found to be lying that she goes to jail - the same for Kavanaugh.
This is an important event and the BEST outcome for everyone is that one of them is imprisoned. Whoever is lying.
Unfortunately, the most likely outcome is that there will be no proof and thus the Democrats will continue to just smear, aided and abetted by the media.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seen the hate mail Kavanaugh and his family received from Leftist wack jobs?
He's still showing up.

Are you implying women aren't as brave as men?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join