It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe these women?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Life's funny sometimes...

I personally don't care how old an allegation is, so long as there is some logic found within it. Ford's story, unfortunately, doesn't seem to have any.

I compiled the facts and examined everything without bias, because I think both Republicans and Democrats are frauds and liars...so I have to do my own research. Anyway, the facts seem to fit the Republican narrative more than anything.

I am very much looking forward to Christine's testimony, if she chooses to testify that is.

I have not decided who I believe...and I think anyone that HAS made that decision is completely ignorant of how the justice system is designed to work. You do not form an opinion before you sit on the jury. Simple as that. Let's hear the allegations and view the facts of the allegation under oath and then come to a rational, logic based decision. Emotions should have NO factor in this.

Put down your colors whether they are red or blue. I don't care who your president is. Let's focus on the man and the woman involved ONLY.

A2D

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: FyreByrd

Depends what there is to gain from it
Depends of if they're being paid to "come clean"
So many of these women seem to have coped fine for 30+ years right up until the moment their "attacker" is famous or successful...do you not think this strange?

If Kavanaugh's accuser is lying, why is she the one asking for a thorough investigation?

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Malcador

Love Christina Hoff Summers! Her and Karen Strauhgn are actual feminists with a brain. I could listen to them dismantle 3rd wave idiots all day.

Brilliant women and true feminists!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Because it's being covered too hard on MSM media. It makes it pretty obvious that the accusations are part of an agenda. And those that are yelling loudest have been found to have lied about lots of other things. It's also obvious to anyone that isn't indoctrinated into the liberal left that it's an desperate attempt at a smear.

edit on 24-9-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Depends what there is to gain from it
Depends of if they're being paid to "come clean"
So many of these women seem to have coped fine for 30+ years right up until the moment their "attacker" is famous or successful...do you not think this strange?

If Kavanaugh's accuser is lying, why is she the one asking for a thorough investigation?

www.chicagotribune.com...

It's a stall tactic. Her lawyer damn well knows this isn't in the FBI's wheelhouse.

Heres a better question for ya: if she isn't lying why hasn't she filed charges with law enforcement that has the ability and mandate to investigate this? Why hasn't she gone to the cops in Maryland hmmm?
Chew on that tidbit.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Malcador because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Millions of women understand Christine Blasey Ford’s decades of silence Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this month.

The confessions keep coming. My friend shared her #MeToo ordeal this week, inspired by Christine Blasey Ford’s allegation that she was sexually assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh when they were in high school.

“I was a preteen when I was first assaulted. Sometimes, it takes decades for victims to come forward,” she wrote on Facebook, in response to a friend who blasted Ford for waiting over 35 years to accuse Kavanaugh of attacking her.

My friend waited 40 years to speak up. She broke her silence because she’d had enough of all the doubt being hurled at Ford, the psychology professor now enduring death threats for telling her story.

My friend — a fierce reporter — understands Ford’s decades of silence.

She was determined to keep quiet even when her assailant died — and even as she was tasked with writing his obituary for the local paper, taking deep breaths and tapping his accomplishments out on the keyboard while burying his secrets with him.

Does that surprise you? It shouldn’t. He was a family friend. Everyone respected him.

She didn’t want to destroy his life.

And she knew she’d be blamed, as women often are when they are assaulted.

Why would he do that? Why were you there in the first place? Did you lead him on? Why is that skirt so short? Button up that blouse. What in God’s name is on your face? Wipe that lipstick off right now.

What did my friend’s mom say when she finally told her? “Me too.” Her mother said she was 17, trapped in a D.C. hotel room with a door-to-door salesman her family trusted.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Because it's being covered too hard on MSM media. It makes it pretty obvious that the accusations are part of an agenda. And those that are yelling loudest have been found to have lied about lots of other things. It's also obvious to anyone that isn't indoctrinated into the liberal left that it's an desperate attempt at a smear.

This....

If they have an issue, a REAL issue with women being sexually assaulted then they would be going after all the democrats with sexual assault allegations.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why are women not believed when sexual assault or harassment are on the public table?

I'll first propose a question to you: Should women automatically be believed when sexual assault or harassment is on the public table?

Now for an actual answer to your title, since it's specific about "these women," which I assume means the Kavanaugh accusers. I'll just quote myself from a different thread to make things easier on me:

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: JBurns

See, here's the problem: We MUST uphold the legal approach of guilty-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt in instances like this, and for the life of me and concerning both accusers against Judge Kavanaugh, I fail to see how any thinking human being does not hold reasonable doubt that these allegations are true:
    There is no evidence (which should be enough in and of itself).

Neither incident was reported to police.

The politics of the accusers is questionable (which is an unfortunate thing which must be noted).

The actions of Senator Feinstein and others are questionable.

The age of the alleged incidents causes memories and details to be questioned or forgotten (reduces credibility).

The statute of limitations is passed for criminal prosecution and culpability in these instances.

Too many claimed witnesses are disputing the accusers' claims and actually backing Kavanaugh's character during those years.

The accuser's reluctance to testify without pre-approved conditions is concerning.

And the list could go on and on.

If you want to know my background in the legal field and dealing with allegations of rape sexual assault/harassment, you can go see the rest of that comment in that thread.

Do you seriously believe that most women would subject themselves to public ridicule to sabotage a man?

Yes, because there are always crazy people out there, men and women alike, who would do this--my experience as a paralegal for both prosecution and defense lets me know this to be true.

A better question would be: Do you seriously believe that there aren't people who would do this?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Do you believe Keith Ellisons accusers?

If you do why are you and your party not doing anything about it?

In fact, I do. However I do believe people are innocent until proven guilty.

These acts of sexual assault and sexual harassment are widespread throughout our society. I don't know a women that hasn't endured this type of entitled behavior from men. I was assaulted by 'a friend' in high school, harassed by a boss in my first full-time job - told I'd lose my job if I didn't 'give it up'.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i think the nature of sexual relation itself is traumatic. it is very easy for one side especially that of woman to think there was something not so ok with it all. Education and reading lots of books when young about the nature of human relations in general may help in long run about how people explore their realities. where does the sweetness and bitterness in relations come from? What is difference between a kiss and a full intercourse? Can you reaĺly be deceived when you know what you want and when you are open and clear in your relationships?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
no. actually i think it is probably very difficult for women to even talk to their close friends about such things.

The only place I've ever discussed my rape is here -- on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

maybe mine too. this sexual relation thing is a weird thing

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Why are women not believed when sexual assault or harassment are on the public table?

Why? What do you think?

Some facts to consider before responding:

Campus Sexual assault

One in 5 women and one in 16 men are sexually assaulted while in college

More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault

63.3% of men at one university who self-reported acts qualifying as rape or attempted rape admitted to committing repeat rapes

Crime reports

Rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to police

The prevalence of false reporting is between 2% and 10%. ===== For example, a study of eight U.S. communities, which included 2,059 cases of sexual assault, found a 7.1% rate of false reports (k). A study of 136 sexual assault cases in Boston found a 5.9% rate of false reports (j). Researchers studied 812 reports of sexual assault from 2000-03 and found a 2.1% rate of false reports.

www.nsvrc.org...

Do you seriously believe that most women would subject themselves to public ridicule to sabotage a man?

Define sexual assault for that poll... is it cat calling or boobie grabbing. We need to be specific.

Most women won't subject themselves to public ridicule but plenty will... do we really need to start bringing up the cases of false rape claims? Women do it all the time. Duke Lacross? Tawanna Brawley? ring a bell?

There were three cases in my four years in college where girls falsely claimed they were raped. My next door neighbor was falsely accused.

Physicial assault - the un wanted 'laying on of hands'. By male or female.

Verbal assault - the threat of violence or retaliation if 'a bully' doesn't get want they want.

This was not a poll but the results of a directed study where they spoke with people in many capacities.

About the 'boobie' grabbing. My F husband used to do that - he thought it was cute, i did not - he never did get that it wasn't a 'sign' of affection it was a sign of entitlement.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Do you believe Keith Ellisons accusers?

If you do why are you and your party not doing anything about it?

In fact, I do. However I do believe people are innocent until proven guilty.

These acts of sexual assault and sexual harassment are widespread throughout our society. I don't know a women that hasn't endured this type of entitled behavior from men. I was assaulted by 'a friend' in high school, harassed by a boss in my first full-time job - told I'd lose my job if I didn't 'give it up'.

If you believe people are innocent until proven guilty then why do you think we should automatically believe the accuser with the accused not having a chance to defend themselves? Isn't that how the MSM and many Democratic Senators and Congresscritters playing this game?

Remember this woman wanted Kav to go first! Last time I recall that type of BS was during the Spanish Inquisition! That tactic has nothing to do with our rule of law and justice system.
edit on 24-9-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I think the problem lies with the fact no concrete proof can ever be provided other than the usual 'he said/she said'.

And why now? The timing is seriously suspect. Many, many years have gone by, and only now do the allegations emerge.

I would never in a million years want to falsely accuse someone of lying about such allegations, but we need to follow due process and not form a lynch mob the moment decades old allegations surface.

I tend to agree with you. It is difficult, after so long, to have accurate witness testimony or any physical evidence. However, for all the multitude of reasons these crimes go unreported, that doesn't mean the allegations are false.

And that, the falsity of the allegation, seems to be the default reaction to any women speaking up.

Personally, I believe her (don't know about the other stories), however the timing is horrific as you say.

He is not qualified because of his perjury under oath that is more recent and documented.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No one should automatically believe or disbelieve either side until the facts and evidence are presented. I actually did my civic duty as a member of a jury for a rape trial several years ago. I remained neutral in my opinion until all the evidence had been presented. When we, the jury went to deliberate, I took all the notes I had made during the trial and approached my decision as a puzzle. When I put those pieces together, I knew what my decision was.

Since this is being tried in the court of public opinion, a lot of that type of logical thinking has been thrown out the window by quite a few people on both sides of this issue. So far, if I were sitting on a jury watching this unfold in the manner that it has, I would have serious doubts about this case. Her story has changed or at the very least the reporting of her story has changed numerous times. If Ford was assaulted, the manner in which this was put into the public eye has done her a grave disservice.

Feinstein should have brought this to the DOJ/FBI long before she did and there should have been severe consequences set in place for any leakers. Nothing should have reached the public unless or until corroborating evidence was presented. At this point it looks like a smear campaign. Do women make false allegations? Yes they do. Women do not possess some inability to be dishonest simply because they are women. A man's career, character and family should not be ruined in this manner without some proof.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Their stories keep changing. Their witnesses deny even being there. If you’re going to try to ruin someone’s life you better come with some evidence.

She is the one getting death threats. Her life is essentially ruined, not his.

Again, why would she put herself through this, if not to attempt to save the People of the United States from a clearly unfit judge.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Daily Beast. LOL.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
That guy actually showed me his weiner once.

Do you believe me?

Why or why not?

I'm a guy.

Nobody wants to know about your little fling with DB ...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Define sexual assault for that poll... is it cat calling or boobie grabbing. We need to be specific.

Reminds me of how the other team is all totally obsessed with stopping "human trafficking", and there's supposedly these huge busts happenening, but when you read the articles they're mostly about busting hookers.

Hookin': the oldest profession known to man. (look it up)

Yeah, I always tend to seek definitions when the left quotes numbers as they have a history of redefining things or using broad definitions to try to inflate numbers to support their causes.

Brazenly so, but now the Trump side peeps are doing the same thing regarding "human trafficking", and "resignations", and so on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join